• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Well, I suppose this could be because of my age, but I'm pretty much into partying. I'm not a hardcore drinker even tho I got a reputation of one, but I can go pretty wild if I'm in the right mood. I've tried weed and I didn't really like it, probably, because I don't enjoy the whole smoking process. I'm not very interested in drugs anyways.
I do dance, but only when I'm drinking. It's kinda fun. Anyway it's way more interesting than just sitting in a bar and talking. That's probably why I like clubbing- drinking, dancing, meeting new and already known people. Great thing to do on a Friday night. I'm turning 18 this month. It's gonna be a totally weird feeling to do all this legally. :cry:

the killer potatoe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Drugs and Alchohol? I personally don't, except pot. when I have, it wasn't to :party:, it was with a small collection of friends and like coffee at a cafe; something to do while we philisophize.

Dancing I don't do at all though.

Also, I feel that so long a you don't negativly effect others, then you should be free to do as you please.

Then again, I am an Introvert so I naturally lean that way.

dactyl

MBTI Type
INTP
I've done (and will still do) shrooms, lsd, xtc, mdma, salvia (never again), coke, meth (never again), and of course weed and alcohol. I'm also in the process of extracting DMT from some mimosa hositilis. If you've never heard of DMT, check it out, it's the most natural (and illegal) "drug" there is. You actually trip on it every night. but,

I do drugs simply because they're fun. Every day life, for me, usually doesn't lend itself to new adventures, be it physical or meta-physical, and drugs just help break up the monotony. My favorite would have to be shrooms because it brings out my Fe, and when combined with my already vivid imagination... anything's possible (sex is also a whole 'nother ball game, oh my god). I think all drugs should be made legal and it should be up to the responsibility of the user (or the child's parents) to be kept out of harm, but that's another topic (in my personal view, Ron Paul's got it right (parenthesis are fucking lovely)). I know it's cliche, but drugs seriously are a very powerful tool in helping you unlock so much that you would have never seen, otherwise, and as someone else in here so simply put you really only live once... well, until we can remember past lives anyway.

For everything an INTP is.. imaginative, truth seeking, perceptive, open minded.. I'm honestly astonished to see so many of you that has not much as to of never even tried ANY of it... Do yourselves a favor, and just let go a little. The rewards are boundless, and you'd at least have more to talk about ;)

I despise clubs, probably because I don't dance. The people are just so superficial. I do enjoy standing in the corner and just watching though. Sometimes it makes me feel anxious, other times someone comes along and actually says something stimulating, baring I can actually hear them. House parties are okay... My favorites are bars. Just the simple sound of glasses clanging, people chattering, laughing. I just love actually being able to have a conversation instead of shouting in the person's ear all the time.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I like. But not all the time. I'd go out clubbing once a week or so. But I like other things more, so I never do. I usually just sit around and smoke pot instead

:D

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
both are okay in moderation, and can be sources of inspiration and learning if you approach it with the right state of mind

Lethal Sage

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I hate parties. I hate clubbing. I hate raving. I like recreational drug use. I've tried Shrooms, Medical Marijuana, Salvia and drink a few beers on occassion. The only other drug I'd want to try is LSD and other plant based drugs (not powder, rocks or needles). I don't like uppers and I can deal with downers, but I love psychedelics.

I really like Sativa dominant Cannabis, and nearly always hate pure strains. That nice cerebral high is so nice.. but I like to mix it up with edibles because their more psychadelic and have a more holistic effect rather than just a head high or body high. It also feels different because it comes in through the nevous system whereas smoke or vapor comes into the frontal cortex first.

I've got a pure Indica strain right now, but I dislike how tired it makes me feel and the couch lock sucks sometimes. So I'll probably be getting high more at night and gain some weight. Anyway, Blue Dream is my favorite strain right now which is a mix of Blueberry and Haze and although it should be Indica dominant, it smokes like a 60/40 ish Sativa dominant strain. Purple Kush doesn't come close to this baby. I would relate the high to that of Snowcap, mixed with a hybrid. Or White Widow with a taste of Blueberry's. Really good strain.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like parties if they're smallish (I don't like being smushed by strangers, thank you very much) and I'm with a group of people I know fairly well. If I do go to a party, I tend not to do anything social for the next week or so, though. And if I get dragged out by a friend when I don't feel like it because I've "surpassed the nerd limit for this room" and I "need to get out more," I tend not to have as much fun.

As for clubs. Too hot. Too many people. Yuck.

As for drugs and alcohol... I've not really done anything drug related. I'm not quite sure if I will or not. I guess they just don't really interest me. I DO drink a bit... but that's usually only so I can relax a little at parties and let myself have fun.

So in short: parties are only fun if I'm willing to go and even more fun when I'm drunk, and drugs are, I suppose, fun... possibly, but I could care less if they're there or not.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
salvia (never again)

I really enjoyed salvia!

You done any cathinones?

I think my drug-taking days are over though. Alcohol and tobacco are all there is for me.

I actually hate weed. Even though I had a great time in Amsterdam, getting high I really don't like - it makes me feel stupid, and I get panicky as I'm getting high; I don't feel chilled at all.

Jeremy77

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5x4
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

While consenting adults should be able to do what they want, I personally am NOT interested in those things, nor interested in hanging out with those that are.

My strongest drug is an occasional pint of beer, taken at a quiet corner of a respectable pub.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Partying: Okay, as long as it isn't a totally insane party.
Clubbing: I just don't do that.
Raving: No way, that would probably give me a migraine.
Recreational Drug Use: I don't use drugs, not even alcohol (that stuff tastes awful!), but I'm okay if others are doing it. It is their choice, not mine.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I can't really get into the sort of fluid interaction some people seem to have with the dance floor and strangers. I wind up feeling detached and awkward, and eventually frustrated.

Smaller groups and more directed activities for me, thanks. :D

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Being an I, I'm somewhat antisocial so I can't really say I'd enjoy any sort of interaction with other people that involves earsplitting music. I have nothing against loud music in and of itself, primarily due to the fact that anyone there would be expecting that anyway. As for recreational drugs, I both see no appeal, and see a reason to avoid it. Honestly, I see it as a shelter for those who are sad and lonely, as well as a mechanism for greedy <insert unflattering noun in plural form here> to prey on them. :steam: I say this under the assumption that you're referring to well-known, mostly illegal psychoactive substances.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a fan of pot, alcohol and partying. Never tried any harder drugs, but for the most part I'm not averse to it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?
To me, such activities are almost always a pointless waste of time and energy. The environment contains some of my least favorite elements: horrid music, noise, crowds, etc. I will take quiet solitude any day. I also avoid substances that can interfere with my health or self-control, and thus consume no recreational drugs and minimal alcohol. Coffee, on the other hand, is the nectar of the gods when made well.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Partying/clubbing/raving... is something I avoid like a plague.

I hate the taste of alcohol so that's that.

As for drug-taking... I won't take anything that will affect my mental clarity and judgment. So no drugs. EVAR.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).

I personally don't do drugs or party etc. Never have and don't plan to start. I've just never had the desire to do those things...

Gabrielle

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have had a share of partying during my first year in university; well, not exactly, but I did attend two (one was by my birthday). They involved bars, drinking, and clubbing. After the experiences, I decided that I have had my share of college-esque social scene to last me for my life.

I do not want to sound condescending - as an INTJ I know I am prone to that vice - but it just wasn't to my taste. The music was loud and foreign, I lost my mental capability after the drinks, and it was very far from what I'd prefer. A dinner party with cloth napkins, quiet conversations and a good meal is most certainly welcome, but it is difficult to discuss something I am interested in when you and/or your companion are so drunk that it's difficult to even walk straight. As I am rather cut off from the mainstream media, I generally have no idea what others are talking about. I am quite often mute in social settings, and I am too conscious of myself to dance without feeling stiff.

As for recreational drugs... I must admit that I am probably very prejudiced against it. Having lost a very dear friend to adderall/cannabis, I am even more prejudiced than I was at high school. I cannot trust someone who is constantly under influence; how am I supposed to know if the euphoric state is due to a genuinely happy occasion or just the cannabis? I certainly would not place myself in a situation with an intoxicated individual; the same applies to the recreational drug users. Because I do not like losing control I would never even dream of using it.

I will not say I do not use mind-altering substances, for even glucose can do that, but I would never find it worthwhile to use substances that would lead to hallucinations and other adverse effects. I guess I am what the population would call "a bore".

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Partying is something I'll do every once in a while. I'm not good with the crowds, but somehow I don't seem to mind if I'm sufficiently inebriated. Usually I get tired pretty quick if it's crowded though and I want to go home.

Clubbing I don't like. Mostly because of the music. Most popular club music does nothing for me. So I don't dance with anyone or at all. I just sorta sit there. However, if it's some sort of social function where you dance that plays music I do relate to, I will actually dance. Because, you know, I like the music.

I've never been to a rave.

Recreational drug taking I'll do when I have the chance. I find it's a good way to unwind and relax, especially if I've been under a lot of stress or just bored. I limit myself to once a week for the most part, if there happens to be a ready supply.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I have no desire to have any part of it but it should be legal.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I do not like parties.
I do not like clubs even moreso than I dislike parties.
I do not like raving - that whole scene would make me want to paint the wall with my brain.
I do not like drugs simply because they serve me no purpose.