User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I smoke pot every now and then, but I don't like partying or clubbing. It has been 8 years since I have been to a club. I will never smoke tobacco products though, I drink every now and then, I have been drunk once and had a hangover, never want to have that experience again though it was interesting. I have a friend who is a complete stoner and probably an INTP.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

Yea, I don't smoke tobacco or overdue it with the drinking. Hangovers are not worth it. But, marijuana is fine it just makes you happy and hungry. For me the appeal is the altered state. Most of the time I have so many thoughts going through my head that to slow down is a nice change of pace.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm astonished at the number of NTs that say they would and do drink alcohol, and enjoy it, but "NO WAY would [they] ever touch DRUGS". First off, alcohol is a drug, and it is one of the more dangerous drugs available. I've seen this sentiment from people before, but find it really bizarre coming from NTs, who are supposedly rational and able to think for themselves. Alcohol has a fairly high potential for addiction, and hundreds of people die each year from overdose (alcohol poisoning). In comparison, marijuana is not physically addictive and no overdose has ever been recorded. But because the media bombards us with "SAY NO TO DRUGS" ads followed by Budweiser commercials, there's a stigma that is attached to certain drugs simply because they are illegal, and they are usually illegal based on seemingly arbitrary criteria. I expect better from NTs, really.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eye 'n' Teepee View Post
    I'm astonished at the number of NTs that say they would and do drink alcohol, and enjoy it, but "NO WAY would [they] ever touch DRUGS". First off, alcohol is a drug, and it is one of the more dangerous drugs available. I've seen this sentiment from people before, but find it really bizarre coming from NTs, who are supposedly rational and able to think for themselves. Alcohol has a fairly high potential for addiction, and hundreds of people die each year from overdose (alcohol poisoning). In comparison, marijuana is not physically addictive and no overdose has ever been recorded. But because the media bombards us with "SAY NO TO DRUGS" ads followed by Budweiser commercials, there's a stigma that is attached to certain drugs simply because they are illegal, and they are usually illegal based on seemingly arbitrary criteria. I expect better from NTs, really.
    Heurf Deurf.

An extremely rational person wouldn't do either of those substances.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?
    As much as I like spending time with my friends I can't help but feel very uncomfortable and insecure when I'm out clubbing with them. There are just too many variables to keep under control. Especially when you add alcohol to the equation.
    Since I never dance I usually end up in a chair watching other people interacting, or talking to whom ever sits next to me.

On the whole drug part I'm open to new experiences, and I have enjoyed weed on occations. But it was in a controlled environment. And it's really not an option to use anything heavier than alcohol when there's a chance I have to talk to strangers, it just leaves you too vulnerable.

Edit: I'm disappointed in all you ENTP's in the thread. I was under the impression that you guys were total players out harvesting the field with all your might.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Heurf Deurf.

An extremely rational person wouldn't do either of those substances.
    I disagree. A truly rational and objective person would try them both once to formulate their own judgements on them and then live by those judgements.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I disagree. A truly rational and objective person would try them both once to formulate their own judgements on them and then live by those judgements.
    I disagree. You don't have to "experience" things to know their dangers. You simply look at the consistent examples around you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

None of those things interest me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I disagree. You don't have to "experience" things to know their dangers. You simply look at the consistent examples around you.
    Indeed.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm quite surprised at the number of J's doing weed, to be honest. I thought J's liked to be in control of themselves; a chemically altered neurotransmitter balances that sends you to a happy place isn't really "being in control". Or perhaps they have different rules for themselves?