User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTx

I can't really get into the sort of fluid interaction some people seem to have with the dance floor and strangers. I wind up feeling detached and awkward, and eventually frustrated.

Smaller groups and more directed activities for me, thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Being an I, I'm somewhat antisocial so I can't really say I'd enjoy any sort of interaction with other people that involves earsplitting music. I have nothing against loud music in and of itself, primarily due to the fact that anyone there would be expecting that anyway. As for recreational drugs, I both see no appeal, and see a reason to avoid it. Honestly, I see it as a shelter for those who are sad and lonely, as well as a mechanism for greedy <insert unflattering noun in plural form here> to prey on them. :steam: I say this under the assumption that you're referring to well-known, mostly illegal psychoactive substances.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'm a fan of pot, alcohol and partying. Never tried any harder drugs, but for the most part I'm not averse to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?
    To me, such activities are almost always a pointless waste of time and energy. The environment contains some of my least favorite elements: horrid music, noise, crowds, etc. I will take quiet solitude any day. I also avoid substances that can interfere with my health or self-control, and thus consume no recreational drugs and minimal alcohol. Coffee, on the other hand, is the nectar of the gods when made well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Partying/clubbing/raving... is something I avoid like a plague.

I hate the taste of alcohol so that's that.

As for drug-taking... I won't take anything that will affect my mental clarity and judgment. So no drugs. EVAR.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).
    I personally don't do drugs or party etc. Never have and don't plan to start. I've just never had the desire to do those things...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have had a share of partying during my first year in university; well, not exactly, but I did attend two (one was by my birthday). They involved bars, drinking, and clubbing. After the experiences, I decided that I have had my share of college-esque social scene to last me for my life.

I do not want to sound condescending - as an INTJ I know I am prone to that vice - but it just wasn't to my taste. The music was loud and foreign, I lost my mental capability after the drinks, and it was very far from what I'd prefer. A dinner party with cloth napkins, quiet conversations and a good meal is most certainly welcome, but it is difficult to discuss something I am interested in when you and/or your companion are so drunk that it's difficult to even walk straight. As I am rather cut off from the mainstream media, I generally have no idea what others are talking about. I am quite often mute in social settings, and I am too conscious of myself to dance without feeling stiff.

As for recreational drugs... I must admit that I am probably very prejudiced against it. Having lost a very dear friend to adderall/cannabis, I am even more prejudiced than I was at high school. I cannot trust someone who is constantly under influence; how am I supposed to know if the euphoric state is due to a genuinely happy occasion or just the cannabis? I certainly would not place myself in a situation with an intoxicated individual; the same applies to the recreational drug users. Because I do not like losing control I would never even dream of using it.

I will not say I do not use mind-altering substances, for even glucose can do that, but I would never find it worthwhile to use substances that would lead to hallucinations and other adverse effects. I guess I am what the population would call "a bore".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Partying is something I'll do every once in a while. I'm not good with the crowds, but somehow I don't seem to mind if I'm sufficiently inebriated. Usually I get tired pretty quick if it's crowded though and I want to go home.

Clubbing I don't like. Mostly because of the music. Most popular club music does nothing for me. So I don't dance with anyone or at all. I just sorta sit there. However, if it's some sort of social function where you dance that plays music I do relate to, I will actually dance. Because, you know, I like the music.

I've never been to a rave.

Recreational drug taking I'll do when I have the chance. I find it's a good way to unwind and relax, especially if I've been under a lot of stress or just bored. I limit myself to once a week for the most part, if there happens to be a ready supply.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I have no desire to have any part of it but it should be legal.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I do not like parties.
    I do not like clubs even moreso than I dislike parties.
    I do not like raving - that whole scene would make me want to paint the wall with my brain.
    I do not like drugs simply because they serve me no purpose.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...