User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm not much of a club-hopper. I tried it once and it was exhausting... I much prefer bars. I'm not much of a dancer (and I'm pretty horrible at it) and there's too many people running behind me trying to grind. Ick, nast. I'll pass. Now bars... I can do bars. Sitting down and having a meaningful conversation seems nice. And it really bothers me when people do drugs infront of me. It tends to happen often since I live in SoCal, I don't know... Snorting powdered substances up my nose does not seem like much fun--I want to remember the experience. I'm a party-pooper, no recreational drugs please--including marijuana. Do not want.

I do want to try going to an oxygen bar though :3 seems like it'll be an interesting experience.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Alcohol: "Hey I actually talk to people now. Look, it even pays of! Maybe I should do this more often, and also when I'm sober."
    From a great post in general.

This specific quote from it is really funny from my introvert perspective and comparing to how I am when I am buzzed (when I do drink I am told I am usually a happy drunk) Classic Shimmy!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I do want to try going to an oxygen bar though :3 seems like it'll be an interesting experience.
    Ihavn't been to an oxygen bar but at one point I got my hands on my aviator's oxygen tank (between 99 and 98% oxygen). Not a buzz per se, yet quite nice and relaxing and healthy feeling. Also kinda funny taking a big hit of pure oxygen and seeing how long you can hold your breath (i.e. much longer than normal)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

definitely no drugs, I couldn't handle that much of a loss of control of my thoughts and perception and stuff

But I lub lub lub partying and drinking and going all Se on the universe. I l don't think the partying thing is all that type related

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I like to go out and have fun. But before and after I am always contemplating the consequences of drinking etc. and other stupid stuff people do when they party. I like to dance to make a fool of myself and embarass my friends... My number one thing is I don't like to give over control of myself, so drugs are certainly out of the question... most of the time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    THC in marijuana has many documented health benefits. The problems stem from tar inhaled when smoked. There are safer methods like inhaling vapor. I think it should be as legal as tobacco or alcohol. Controlled, legal and taxed. Health benefits + billions in tax revenue alone are reason to consider it.

[. . .]

Other drugs should remain illegal.
    Personally, I agree with the progressive ideas of drug rooms. Outright banning of anything does nothing, because there will always be a market, and if governments want to do something about a national issue, they need to control that market in the most effective way possible. Drug rooms basically limit usage to specific rooms throughout a country (probably easier done in the UK than in the US), and in places where everyone there actually wants to do it.

I think all smoking should be illegal in public places, including the streets. As a social smoker, I say this on principle. Smoking in your own home, fair enough (as long as you don't have kids around for which you should be responsible). Marijuana should follow the same principle.

As per E, that's a difficult one. The times I've enjoyed it most are when I've been at raves, and while I can trust myself to be sensible with it, I can't really trust others to be. I have met many people who I can trust absolutely - they are normally of the mindset similar to mine. But some people just by pills willy-nilly, having no idea what's in them, then taking them. And then things start to fuck up, especially if people around you are so fucked themselves they can't hear you going "water", and then you dehydrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I had great times, tripping on LSD while walking over the Sziget festival, or going to a GOA party high on XTC.
    Oh that's cool did you go to Goa or was it just like a Goa-themed party?

If the entire world population would be on shrooms and xtc we would not even have war, people would work together and everybody would be empathetic to each other.
    We also wouldn't function properly and would inevitably die out. When have you wanted to plough fields when on any drug? When have you wanted to make a decent, filling meal for yourself and those under your care? When have you wanted to exercise?

I could easily point out the differences between Limewax, Pendulum and Black Sun Empire, eventhough it's all called drum and bass.
    Arguably they're different genres. Hardstep, techstep, darkstep, trancestep, clownstep, neurofunk, liquid funk, IDB, drill n' bass, darkcore, breakcore... - it's all drum and bass, yes, but then Venetian Snares is breakcore, while Danny Byrd is more aptly neurofunk, and Evol Intent is a mix of pretty much everything badass.

In my eyes it's all bullshit and I prefer to steer clear of genres altogether and just enjoy good music. I actively delete pre-existing genres when organising my iTunes. People say "oooh, Chase & Status/Pendulum have gone all mainstream and shit THIS ISN'T EVEN DNB - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD SKOOL SHIT!!!!????" (sometimes I've even heard them say "bring back jungle!!!!" or something ridiculous because they're living a decade and a half into the past) because they have a evolving, developed sound and sound fuck all like Ed Rush & Optical. The reason they do this is because they categorise all these artists in their head into different genres, and when they do something that sounds slightly different, they take major issue with it, because they don't know how to adapt.

That was a rant.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Personally, I agree with the progressive ideas of drug rooms. Outright banning of anything does nothing, because there will always be a market, and if governments want to do something about a national issue, they need to control that market in the most effective way possible. Drug rooms basically limit usage to specific rooms throughout a country (probably easier done in the UK than in the US), and in places where everyone there actually wants to do it.

I think all smoking should be illegal in public places, including the streets. As a social smoker, I say this on principle. Smoking in your own home, fair enough (as long as you don't have kids around for which you should be responsible). Marijuana should follow the same principle.

As per E, that's a difficult one. The times I've enjoyed it most are when I've been at raves, and while I can trust myself to be sensible with it, I can't really trust others to be. I have met many people who I can trust absolutely - they are normally of the mindset similar to mine. But some people just by pills willy-nilly, having no idea what's in them, then taking them. And then things start to fuck up, especially if people around you are so fucked themselves they can't hear you going "water", and then you dehydrate.

Oh that's cool did you go to Goa or was it just like a Goa-themed party?

We also wouldn't function properly and would inevitably die out. When have you wanted to plough fields when on any drug? When have you wanted to make a decent, filling meal for yourself and those under your care? When have you wanted to exercise?

Arguably they're different genres. Hardstep, techstep, darkstep, trancestep, clownstep, neurofunk, liquid funk, IDB, drill n' bass, darkcore, breakcore... - it's all drum and bass, yes, but then Venetian Snares is breakcore, while Danny Byrd is more aptly neurofunk, and Evol Intent is a mix of pretty much everything badass.

In my eyes it's all bullshit and I prefer to steer clear of genres altogether and just enjoy good music. I actively delete pre-existing genres when organising my iTunes. People say "oooh, Chase & Status/Pendulum have gone all mainstream and shit THIS ISN'T EVEN DNB - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD SKOOL SHIT!!!!????" (sometimes I've even heard them say "bring back jungle!!!!" or something ridiculous because they're living a decade and a half into the past) because they have a evolving, developed sound and sound fuck all like Ed Rush & Optical. The reason they do this is because they categorise all these artists in their head into different genres, and when they do something that sounds slightly different, they take major issue with it, because they don't know how to adapt.

That was a rant.
    I pretty much agree with your points on drugs.

No, it was a Goa themed party, with goa and psy-trance as the style of music for that weekend. I'd love to go to Goa one day though.

I organise my musical collection in the genres that I'm able to distinguish from one another, this way it's easier for me to find back music. For instance, there are 6 artists within the genre of "punk rock", eventhough The Velvet Underground and The Offspring have very little in common, but my jazz collection is devided in Fusion, Nu-Jazz, Free Jazz, Acid Jazz, Cool Jazz, Gypsy Jazz, Jazz, Swing and Bebop (haven't made the distinction with Hard-Bop). But like you said, I divided this in my head, and realize that to most other people there is hardly any difference between most of the genre's I mentioned.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't do it, but if you're going to, that is your choice. If you die of an overdose, that's your fault. Just take into account that your poor descisions will affect you for the rest of your life, and weigh the short term gains with the long-term problems. If you choose stupidly, I won't stop you from doing what you want for the time being.

However, if you are addicted and clearly are in need of assistance, I'll probably tell somebody about your problem.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

No drugs ever, not worth it. Drinking is fine as long I don't pass out, if drunk, in pretty controlled environment (friends, not in clubs by my own).
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Never been clubbing but I'm 18 in 3 weeks and living in the west end of glasgow so that will prob change!

I've been to quite a few gigs and love the whole get down the front in the crush jumping like mental! Its fun pissed or sober but I normally also have Red Rooster - a high caffine and sugar drink - either way! I don't mind dancing and going mental at a party if theres music other than that then not really!

Drugs?

I drink sometimes seems pointless so I stop sometimes really fun so I keep going depends on the mood. Tried what my mate said was hash once but turns out he made it wrong. Would try it in a controlled enviroment. I want to try LSD as well but definatly only in a controlled enviroment, main reason is the story of how it was discovered! I think I need to try it and get a phd before I can really call myself a mad scientist!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!