User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Clubs: been there, done that, boring.
    Raving: more intense variation of clubs, idem.
    Drugs: generally never felt the need to do drugs, I may drink socially. Tried weed with a group of friends casually once and it did nothing for me except a strange smell coming from inside my lungs the next day after a shower.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

If the group or person feels right, I really enjoy dancing. It lets you cut loose and I love it.

No drugs. Already silly enough and don't need those.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I'm not really into "clubbing". It's just not my type of crowd. I do like going out though. Usually to small concerts and dive bars. I like going to friend's house parties and I love dancing. I like getting politely drunk every 2 or 3 months. I really like smoking weed but I don't really do it ever. It's too much trouble in my opinion to buy it or the paraphernalia and I'm too paranoid to have any on me. If it ever becomes legal though I'd definitely prefer it to alcohol. I've never tried any other drugs. I'm curious about mushrooms but things like cocaine, heroin, LSD and anything man made seem too obviously dangerous to me.

I don't think there is anything mystical or life changing about drugs.

Society

i had a clubbing period in my teens, it went boring pretty fast.

raves / "nature parties", not so much. it feels to me like some weird extrovert/introvert hybrid state where everybody is stuck deep in their own little world, and there's little to no communication... i've never met someone i liked in those, never felt like i made a connection in those, or any really positive association...

i indulge in weed from time to time, but i make sure to have weeks and sometimes months in between, i had a period of doing it daily shortly after the army, and i just don't really feel like going back to that place of making it into a lifestyle choice. this may change during exam period.
    alcohol, i drink both socially and alone (well, with my room mate... alone-ish). i have lately made a habit of a cold beer when i finish a day of work+studying. as for as actually getting drunk, rarely, i do not think i am currently the right emotional place to be able to enjoy it.

basically i suppose these days i've come to prefer all my sins in moderation :p

WhoCares

Clubs? Oh you mean those dark, sweaty hell holes where you suffer permanent hearing loss while swilling alcohol and popping pills. Yeah I did the club scene and it wore off real fast as being a boring and tiring exercise. I also happen to like daylight so needing to crash all day to recover annoyed me too.

I have hard time understanding why someone wants to alter their mind with drugs. I like my mind just the way it is and I hate the feeling of being physically off the beam. So I guess that was a scene I was never meant for.

Clubbing is overstimulation and I'm a zen kind of person so it's a natural mismatch for me.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Love dancing, doesn't matter where it is, or what kind of music it's to. I love it all...from hardcore shows with moshing, to house music in clubs, or line dancing in a country bar lol...drugs are pretty much the complete opposite... i may drink once in a while but that's it....I think i get all the expression i need to get out with music and dancing...don't wanna mess my body/brain up...or it could just be fear...either one...dancing brings out enough Se to re-energize me though

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I used to love clubbing in my own strange way. I never was quite into dancing, but I used to love to go out and chain smoke and do a bit of drinking. I liked to separate from the group and just take in the sights and sounds of it all, and people watch. If I had enough liquor, I might talk to someone, but not too much. Maybe get forced to dance. Nowadays, I don't smoke anymore, so I just can't do it. I don't trust myself to go and not relapse.

As for drugs, I've done a bunch of drugs. Now I just smoke a bit of pot (though I'm looking into vaporizing) and have a few drinks every now and then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking
    Hate them all, and tend not to like people who like those.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    LII sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).
    I went through a Marijuana phase two years ago, to try things out before I form any opinions. The result: I'd prefer to be in control of my senses. However, I do enjoy the occasional beer , while I don't see the purpose of parties.

Jingoism belongs in the trash, so you had better keep it to yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm in college now, so most parties I go to involve drunk people standing around or dancing on the wall with loud music blaring. I tried to convince myself that this shit was really fun, but I'm really getting sick of it. I can't hear people talk because of the music, and it's just not a fun environment for me especially if I'm sober. It's the same old shit - get drunk, grab some ho, start grinding. Also, it makes me socially anxious. I just feel awkward in these types of environments, like I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Music festivals on the other hand - that's my shit. There are so many weird and different people, things, and places to go. There's so much cool shit to see if you just walk around. You can just go exploring, buy some artifacts from the hippie tents, and go discover some new music. On top of that - you can buy like any drug you want!

At festivals a lot of my friends to ecstasy, but I've done it before and I think it's a waste of money. It worked really well the first time I took it, but hasn't been the same since. Obviously smoking weed makes music sound better. Last festival I was at I was just drinking beers all day - this I enjoy the most. Except if you get too drunk you don't remember much about any of the shows you saw. Never done hallucinogens - I'm too afraid.