• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs at work

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I find it entertaining to play the game. No, I'm not a supporter of it, but- think about it- people are enticing you to manipulate them. What a fantastic opportunity. ;)

For example, you wear the suit to the interview to prove that you can put on a suit. Fail to wear the suit, and you lose at the game. You can win twice over, however, by putting on the suit and fooling your interviewer into thinking that you're a guy who wears a suit.

Very much exactly.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Learning to "play the game" is an acquired skill, like driving a car in snow, or winning at poker. Think of it in those terms, and it becomes tolerable. Become good at playing the game, and you can actually work less.

That's absolutely right......the trick is to REALLY think of it as a game.......to be manipulated and won on your own terms.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's not "the game". The Game is the political bullshit you pull to make sure that these little rules don't apply to you. Schmooze the superior to make sure that you've got utter job security, and make the manager get used to it.

Oh, and all of you just lost the game.

In a long enough time line, every talented ENTP does EXACTLY that....

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
"The game" is out there for a reason, and resistance is futile. :D

By rejecting their game, aren't you kinda forcing them to play your game?

Anyways, I kinda understand what you mean anyways. "The game" is there because it's convenient. It's somewhat of an average of everybody's behavior and expectations. It fits us ISTJs just as bad as it fits you ENTPs. But it's a thing we have to tolerate in a society. Fighting it is fighting the society, and fighting society is fighting everyone around you.

What kind of game are we talking about anyways?

That's pretty much what ENTP's do.........

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
This "game", as it's being called, is basically the hoops yeu have to jump through, the ways in which yeu control yeur colleagues, the ways to prevent them from getting their own control back on yeu, the crappy little rules to follow, the ridiculous office ettiquite, and so on.

To put it bluntly, I've never been good at playing the game. I excel at identifying the rules, and then breaking them in new and creative ways that noone's even considered before, while still maintaining the spirit of the rule, though soundly thrashing the letter of it.

I don't honestly believe I'm really capable of playing 'by the rules' or directly within the boundries set. I bend them, stretch them, force them to be more open to interpretation, and then interpret them in ways to mean whotever I want them to mean. This annoys most of the hardcore "must do so in THIS EXACT WAY" peoples, but considering I can walk the edge well enough to keep myself theoretically within the boundries, even if being fairly well past them, they can't do much about it other than be irritated.

Not sure how others react, but "the game" is no different than "tradition". It's pointless, inane crap with little to no purpose; it wastes time, effort and energy usually on things which have no value. Most ENTP's are heavily against tradition, especially inefficient, pointless tradition, and go out of their way to 'make it better', and ensure stomping all over the current tradition in the process to prove their way's better.

Yeur best bet, rather than trying to play by their rules, is to study them, understand them, and play by yeur own interpretation of those rules, so yeu can still claim to be following them.

Rules........rules are for those without the intelligence and imagination to figure out a better way! :devil:

Nothing ANGERS me more than someone who argues for doing something a particular way, and not another, based solely on 'accepted practices'.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I find it entertaining to play the game. No, I'm not a supporter of it, but- think about it- people are enticing you to manipulate them. What a fantastic opportunity. ;)

Very much exactly.

That's the point........give me a 'game'.......and i'll use the rules OF 'the game' AGAINST the very 'game' itself.