First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post

spamtar-I can agree with you to an extent, especially if we're talking about intuitive individuals who have yet to mature, yeah? I've found that as many INFJs age, they tend to check their intuitive hunches against data, and then run it through a proven framework before making a big assumption.

I think the idea of intuition as a placeholder for logic is a bit of an incomplete argument, as the two can often work really well together. They're not mutually exclusive, and they aren't one in the same. My intuition might tell me where to look, but my knowledge/data/logic absolutely informs the conclusions that I draw from what I see. While I agree that flying blind on intuition can get a person in trouble, I hardly see intuition as a fledgling version of logic, but rather different tool entirely.

ETA: I suppose it's possible, though, that emotional intuition feels and works a lot differently than intuitive thinking, and therein lies the discrepancy. Emotional "data" is very difficult to come up with and prove, even for a person describing their own emotions, in contrast to things you can actually measure and observe in a straightforward manner. KWIM?

I'm always open to considering an opposing viewpoint.
    Really I hate to toss a debate but whether it was because I was not clear enough or whatever the case may be, we are substantively of the same mind; at least on the intuition process and this relationship with data gathering.
    The only point I could add would be to say that after being exposed yourself to massive amounts of data on point intuition can be very reliable as both in and of itself as well as being incorporated into an unsorted logic data pool(s) floating within your mind.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I'm giggling at the mental pic of unsorted, floating mind-data pools, and cringing at how messy that sounds. But I hear you, and basically agree.

[/thread hijack]
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Now that you mention it what can be terrifying is sharing a home with an intj (EDIT: typo I ment infj) and having her come back seeing it in a total mess. This both with infjs as well as isfjs is terrifying...especially to laid back [translation: sloppy/messy] intps.
    Last edited by Vizconde; 11-06-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Now that you mention it what can be terrifying is sharing a home with an intj and having her come back seeing it in a total mess. This both with infjs as well as isfjs is terrifying...especially to laid back [translation: sloppy/messy] intps.
    My INTJ is actually a HUGE slob, but I think that's more a product of ADD for him. But, yeah...that's totally true. I feel like a total monster on rampage whenever there's chaos in my visual field.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Everyone knows that all ENTJs roll Paladins, and all INFJs roll Priests.

Take my +1 dagger.
    If the second were true then I would finally be able to type my son as an ENTJ, thus solving a great mystery. Unfortunately, my main is a Druid.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If the second were true then I would finally be able to type my son as an ENTJ, thus solving a great mystery. Unfortunately, my main is a Druid.
    I have yet to find an NF who hasn't rolled a Druid...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Everything I've read online has said that Hitler was an INFJ

!
    Hitler was most definitely an INTJ.........I know.....my ex-boss was an INTJ, too........I had 10 years to compare the two.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Shh, just let the ENTP's think they're superior to us... It's all they've got
    ENTJ's ever letting anyone think they are superior to them? PLEASE!
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

Honestly both those types scare the c**p out of me

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

well this is the ol' tom riddle 8w7 sx/sp maverick crazy bald-headed foucualt grin entj lord voldemort vs wise and zen-centered yet still brash and cocky in his youth 5w4 mystic counselor infj albus dumbledore, no?

infjs also have trick mirrors that show you the real you (but in the worst of ways and only if you're lord voldemort/a death eater).

another entj- ben linus from lost. or the jew hunter in the latest tarantino flick. you people needa calm down (at least in the movies).