• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type gives you more cause to be afraid: the ENTJ or the INFJ

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Not afraid of either but don't click readily with some INFJs - ENTJs are just fine, marvelous in fact...

Lightyear

Yeah we INFJs are so scary. We just naturally try to cause loads of harm, the cold bastards we are.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
ENTJ = general

INFJ = spy

With only one of these, do you know what you are facing.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you're your own worst enemy everything else becomes predictable.

AceofSpades

MBTI Type
INFJ
Both logical the ENTJ and ENTP are usually aptly smart. The main difference I see is between the ENTJ's drive and the ENTP's ability to let go. A world of difference but merely an observation. As far as the subject matter of the post, most INFJ's are usually never seeking to bring fear or harm on others usually only using manipulation aka "the force" to bring harmony to the situation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Should see how INFJ harmoney looks like if they are on a killing spree for revenge, ah wait you know that :D

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
The cardinal sin of strategy is to underestimate one's opponent. Archetypally, ENTJs are well aware of this, and may use it against you.

An INFJ most certainly will.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think it depends on what kind of person you are yourself.

If you're clumsy, inefficient, and sort of lazy, but very kind, polite, and sweet, stay away from the ENTJ.

If you're kind of loud, obnoxious, and crude, but a hard worker who strives for personal excellence, stay away from the INFJ.

What's the logic behind these?

G

Ginkgo

Everyone knows that all ENTJs roll Paladins, and all INFJs roll Priests.

Take my +1 dagger.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Good lord. I had no idea we were so terrifying. :laugh: I'm able to size people up easily, yes, but not usually with intent of emotional violence. That's something I generally only do after I've been completely provoked, and provoking me takes a lot of time and effort. That might happen once every two years, after which I apologize and self-flog. Hint: we have over developed senses of empathy, and if we hurt someone too much, it makes us feel like bastards.

Been burned recently? :hug: (note: no daggers in that hug)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sometime intuition works as a good placeholder to later be filled by logic...and I think INFJs being terrifying is a myth.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No really my little INFJ friend. Good bunny hop along now. ;)

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Are you sure? Do you want me to try?

Do your best. :D That actually sounds like fun. (You should know, though, that one of my kids is an entp, and I tend to have a soft spot for you.:newwink: )

R

Riva

Do your best. :D That actually sounds like fun. (You should know, though, that one of my kids is an entp, and I tend to have a soft spot for you.:newwink: )

:hug:

Which one? the one you adopted?;)

*Leaves thread before turning into an obvious troll.*

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
...dang that empathy is catching. Ok a short preview:

Intuition is similar to logic which has not been sorted.
Coming up with logical reasons are easy...we see people rationalize every day
Making statements based on intuition which you know you can establish by logic do to the plethora of information is not inappropriate.
Ultimately to test for truth data needs to be compiled in a nonbiased way or through an adversary system yet the original premise will usually follow its intuitive course in a Newtonian manner by controling authority.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
:hug:

Which one? the one you adopted?;)

No, that one's an ENTJ. The ENTP I stole from our local playground. :alttongue:

spamtar-I can agree with you to an extent, especially if we're talking about intuitive individuals who have yet to mature, yeah? I've found that as many INFJs age, they tend to check their intuitive hunches against data, and then run it through a proven framework before making a big assumption.

I think the idea of intuition as a placeholder for logic is a bit of an incomplete argument, as the two can often work really well together. They're not mutually exclusive, and they aren't one in the same. My intuition might tell me where to look, but my knowledge/data/logic absolutely informs the conclusions that I draw from what I see. While I agree that flying blind on intuition can get a person in trouble, I hardly see intuition as a fledgling version of logic, but rather different tool entirely.

ETA: I suppose it's possible, though, that emotional intuition feels and works a lot differently than intuitive thinking, and therein lies the discrepancy. Emotional "data" is very difficult to come up with and prove, even for a person describing their own emotions, in contrast to things you can actually measure and observe in a straightforward manner. KWIM?

I'm always open to considering an opposing viewpoint.:)