User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 158

  1. #121
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yes but thats what I am saying, you seem to think these things made me skewed, but they didnt, they made me realistic. Which is why I get into trouble with these ridiculous healthcare debates. I have been on the bottom of the totem pole and scratched my way up on my own merits, no one gave it to me. I dont know if you OR he have the intuition as INFPs to see where I am coming from because you cannot disassociate your logic from your feelings. Believe it or not, INFJs do disassociate their logic from their feelings, we just realize that we still have feelings and we make a decision based on logic AND feelings. And the way that works out is that we tend to say things like "oh I know this isnt logical or right for me and the best thing for me to do would be to leave this situation, but I cant because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt her because it will kill her if I left her." This is the thought I had running through my head for 8 years while dating my ex gf. I know exactly logically what is what, but I make the choice any way. If that's not Fe for example, I don't know what is.

    And you guys picking up on my projecting an image, doesn't mean Si, what it actually is is me protecting myself from everyone around me because my Fe gets me into trouble constantly when I try to fix people and fix things for people because I don't want them to feel bad. This is why I know that dude isnt an INFJ or he is an INFJ who is lying because he has an ends justify the means attitude, which in this case is lying. Because to read the stuff I wrote and say there is no Ni in there is laughable at best.
    I am actually quite realistic when it comes to these things, more so than some of my liberal friends who come from upper middle class backgrounds. I haven't seen any particularly intellectual defense for your political opinions, frankly they seem like regurgitated Fox news conspiracy theories with a dash of punk rock thrown in. You also made some factual errors in your short, emotionally biased replies. That does not a logical world view make, my friend. There are plenty of logical reasons why liberatarianism does not work, and it is not only INFPs who disagree with you - there are plenty of INFJs and NTs who are going to strongly disagree with what you consider a realistic or logical world view.

    At any rate, you very well may have Fe, but it didn't particularly show in your posts which I read. And the fact that you think you're doing the old man a favor by killing a bunch of his trees - he obviously loves nature from what you described, and may be that your ENTJ mentor is just an OCD exacting prick - is a little...creepy, actually. Imagining that you know what's best for other people doesn't mean that you truly have their best interest at heart. The truth of the matter is you care about property value and not about an old man's feelings. Not surprising considering your world view, of course.

    Your assumption that all INFPs are dreadfully deficient in logic just makes you look silly, too.

  2. #122
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I am actually quite realistic when it comes to these things, more so than some of my liberal friends who come from upper middle class backgrounds. I haven't seen any particularly intellectual defense for your political opinions, frankly they seem like regurgitated Fox news conspiracy theories with a dash of punk rock thrown in. You also made some factual errors in your short, emotionally biased replies. That does not a logical world view make, my friend. There are plenty of logical reasons why liberatarianism does not work, and it is not only INFPs who disagree with you - there are plenty of INFJs and NTs who are going to strongly disagree with what you consider a realistic or logical world view.

    At any rate, you very well may have Fe, but it didn't particularly show in your posts which I read. And the fact that you think you're doing the old man a favor by killing a bunch of his trees - he obviously loves nature from what you described, and may be that your ENTJ mentor is just an OCD exacting prick - is a little...creepy, actually. Imagining that you know what's best for other people doesn't mean that you truly have their best interest at heart. The truth of the matter is you care about property value and not about an old man's feelings. Not surprising considering your world view, of course.

    Your assumption that all INFPs are dreadfully deficient in logic just makes you look silly, too.
    See this is why I can argue with INFPs... even in real life its the same story, you are missing so much from the equation that I cant even have a real discussion with you. Where did you get the old man is into nature? Maybe when he was dousing his lawn with gasoline to light it on fire so it would come up "greener" the year after? Or was it when he started a giant trash heap on our property lines?

    You keep going back to my political world view, I really pissed you off when I disagreed with you politically didn't I? That's the problem with Fi and Ne, you aren't seeing the big picture here. Even with your buddy there, you go in and pick 1 tiny detail and come back to use it against me from my journal with no real basis of understanding for what I was saying.

  3. #123
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    See this is why I can argue with INFPs... even in real life its the same story, you are missing so much from the equation that I cant even have a real discussion with you. Where did you get the old man is into nature? Maybe when he was dousing his lawn with gasoline to light it on fire so it would come up "greener" the year after? Or was it when he started a giant trash heap on our property lines?

    You keep going back to my political world view, I really pissed you off when I disagreed with you politically didn't I? That's the problem with Fi and Ne, you aren't seeing the big picture here. Even with your buddy there, you go in and pick 1 tiny detail and come back to use it against me from my journal with no real basis of understanding for what I was saying.
    I made the assumption that he loved nature since you called him a farmer type. The old man wouldn't trim his trees - so you killed them? You killed old oak trees, as if there weren't enough trees being destroyed to begin with. Whatever. Apparently all you have a priority for are property values. That's clear. OK.

    Actually, you don't see the big picture. Ne does see the picture - it has the ability to connect things that seem disparate. Things don't happen in a vaccuum. You can't even see things from more than one side. Your world view is so ignorant and disturbing that, yes, it bothers me. But that's not the issue here. I'm not here to talk about you, honestly. I just observed a lack of Fe, and the state I am in also seperately doubted your type without my encouragement. That is all.

  4. #124
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I made the assumption that he loved nature since you called him a farmer type. The old man wouldn't trim his trees - so you killed them? You killed old oak trees, as if there weren't enough trees being destroyed to begin with. Whatever. Apparently all you have a priority for are property values. That's clear. OK.

    Actually, you don't see the big picture. Ne does see the picture - it has the ability to connect things that seem disparate. Things don't happen in a vaccuum. You can't even see things from more than one side. Your world view is so ignorant and disturbing that, yes, it bothers me. But that's not the issue here. I'm not here to talk about you, honestly. I just observed a lack of Fe, and the state I am in also seperately doubted your type without my encouragement. That is all.
    Do you know many farmers? They aren't exactly the most nature friendly, especially since farming is a business that exploits nature, not preserves it. He didnt want to trim his trees because he doesn't want to be told what to do with young upstarts who bought the lot adjoining his.

    And Ne isnt about making connections its about asking questions. What if's. Ni is asking Why.

    If you aren't here to talk about me, then why did you turn this thread into a thread about me? You didnt observe a lack of Fe, you had a Fi attack brought on by a disagreement, then tried to use your Ne to fuck with me and tell me I am not what I actually am. The fact that you cant actually see any of that isnt surprising to me. Its how Ne is. Its how INFPs work in my experience. They dont come up with the accurate picture.

  5. #125
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Do you know many farmers? They aren't exactly the most nature friendly, especially since farming is a business that exploits nature, not preserves it.
    I grew up in a fairly rural part of West Virginia. One of my neighbors was a farmer. In North Carolina I went to high school with a guy who became a farmer.

    He didnt want to trim his trees because he doesn't want to be told what to do with young upstarts who bought the lot adjoining his.
    Well, and why should you be telling him what to do? What's up with that? You kill someone's trees because they don't do what you say with their own property?

    And Ne isnt about making connections its about asking questions. What if's. Ni is asking Why.

    You don't know what Ne is.

    If you aren't here to talk about me, then why did you turn this thread into a thread about me? You didnt observe a lack of Fe, you had a Fi attack brought on by a disagreement, then tried to use your Ne to fuck with me and tell me I am not what I actually am. The fact that you cant actually see any of that isnt surprising to me. Its how Ne is. Its how INFPs work in my experience. They dont come up with the accurate picture.
    No, I observed a lack of Fe. If you haven't been on this site long, you'll eventually learn that people debate each other's types. You aren't speshul in that regard. It happens on here. It's an MBTI site, after all.

    People also argue off-topic on many threads, often in regards to either type or politics.

    And the last few sentences are just a bunch of ranting blah blah blah to me, honestly. You don't know what you're talking about, either.

  6. #126
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I grew up in a fairly rural part of West Virginia. One of my neighbors was a farmer. In North Carolina I went to high school with a guy who became a farmer.



    Well, and why should you be telling him what to do? What's up with that? You kill someone's trees because they don't do what you say with their own property?




    You don't know what Ne is.



    No, I observed a lack of Fe. If you haven't been on this site long, you'll eventually learn that people debate each other's types. You aren't speshul in that regard. It happens on here. It's an MBTI site, after all.

    People also argue off-topic on many threads, often in regards to either type or politics.

    And the last few sentences are just a bunch of ranting blah blah blah to me, honestly. You don't know what you're talking about, either.
    No you dont know what ne is, and you use way too much Fi. And if you grew up with farmers then you would know that they aren't automatically nature lovers. And his trees while on his property have a substantial root structure which is also on our land, which is why they had to go. Don't know much about farmers, Ne, trees, land disputes or healthcare... keep talking.

    And I have no problem with people debating each others types as long as they have a basic understanding of said type. You argue from a very very narrow stereotypical view of what you feel an INFJ is supposed to be. You are wrong, period.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    LOL this thread is amusing...

    INFJ's are mostly cool.. Just a little too into themselves.. and they probably take themselves a bit too seriously.. But it's not unbearable.. at times it's kind of charming.. makes me want to pat them on the back and say "there there"

    ENTJ's?? I don't really know any .. I don't think I run in high enough circles for that sort of contact..

  8. #128
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    No you dont know what ne is, and you use way too much Fi. And if you grew up with farmers then you would know that they aren't automatically nature lovers. And his trees while on his property have a substantial root structure which is also on our land, which is why they had to go. Don't know much about farmers, Ne, trees, land disputes or healthcare... keep talking.

    And I have no problem with people debating each others types as long as they have a basic understanding of said type. You argue from a very very narrow stereotypical view of what you feel an INFJ is supposed to be. You are wrong, period.
    I know exactly what Ne is - I use it constantly. I am an English literature major and have a 3.9 GPA thanks to Ne, which is incredibly useful in the liberal arts and anything to do with society, humanity, and analysis. Ne is what I do. Please.

    I don't know anything about the health care issue? O rly? There is nothing that you have said that indicates to me that you understand anything about politics that you didn't hear in a sound bite on Fox news.

    Honestly, at this point I think you're just making yourself look silly. I don't get where you think you have superior MBTI knowledge, either. You do have Fe, my bad, you take everything personally...but the decisiveness in which you tell people that they are wrong or don't know anything doesn't strike me as especially Ni/Fe. Maybe Si/Fe. Or Fi/Ne.

  9. #129
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I know exactly what Ne is - I use it constantly. I am an English literature major and have a 3.9 GPA thanks to Ne, which is incredibly useful in the liberal arts and anything to do with society, humanity, and analysis. Ne is what I do. Please.

    I don't know anything about the health care issue? O rly? There is nothing that you have said that indicates to me that you understand anything about politics that you didn't hear in a sound bite on Fox news.

    Honestly, at this point I think you're just making yourself look silly. I don't get where you think you have superior MBTI knowledge, either. You do have Fe, my bad, you take everything personally...but the decisiveness in which you tell people that they are wrong or don't know anything doesn't strike me as especially Ni/Fe. Maybe Si/Fe. Or Fi/Ne.
    The more you type the less confidence I have that you will come to any true understanding so this is where I tip my hat to you and say good day. That you have no real understanding is germane to your cognitive functions, so I guess I cant really fault you, this is the same dance I do with all INFPs who decide to take umbrage with me that I would dare to disagree with something they so deeply believe in emotionally.

    That you keep trying to say you see things in me is just funny to me, you arent looking for truth you are making accusations, its very Ne of you.

  10. #130
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The more you type the less confidence I have that you will come to any true understanding so this is where I tip my hat to you and say good day. That you have no real understanding is germane to your cognitive functions, so I guess I cant really fault you, this is the same dance I do with all INFPs who decide to take umbrage with me that I would dare to disagree with something they so deeply believe in emotionally.

    That you keep trying to say you see things in me is just funny to me, you arent looking for truth you are making accusations, its very Ne of you.
    I'm making accusations but you say that the socialists are taking over and that's why the unemployment rate is nearly 10%? I'm making accusations but "all INFPs are like that"? I didn't see you arguing particularly well with an INFJ or an INTJ, either. Probably because your arguments are equally as emotional as you say mine are. There is nothing to have an understanding of in this instance, perhaps other than your attempt to justify your action of killing your neighbor's trees. This has purely been debate for the sake of debate. So, yeah, have a day, man.

Similar Threads

  1. Which enneatype would you least like to be and why?
    By The Great One in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 04:39 PM
  2. If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?
    By teslashock in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
  3. Are you more likely to be politically left or right if you scare easily?
    By ajblaise in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
  4. [MBTItm] If you had to be an NF, which type would you be
    By Evan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
  5. [MBTItm] If you get to be a RATIONAL(NT) which type would you choose to be?
    By Riva in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO