User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

I swing between what DB said and what Twinkle said.

It's very difficult when I get all that energy off being around a lot of people (depending who they are, but assuming they're reasonably responsive), to contain it - it's very easy to get carried away by it and behave in a way I don't like but feel powerless to stop.

But with the passing years I'm getting better at controlling that, and when I do and I behave myself well, I do enjoy being around bigger groups. I like one on one though, too.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    no fan of groupsex
    Honey, I don't think them meant you had to sleep with them.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    One on one I am more confessional and intimate.

I enjoy 3-6 people because then I can make a lot of jokes.

Same. I do especially well if I know the 3-6 people fairly well.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

MBTI
    ENTP

sometimes I feel like it's easier with people I don't know well...

people I know well (or think I do) tend to think they know me well. often, they do. but just as often, they know the person I used to be very well, but have no realization that I've moved on, changed my views and opinions since then and am essentially a slightly different person. I feel trapped by their outdated perceptions of me.

with strangers, I can be who I am now, without feeling pressured to sorta play a part of a person I'm not any more. that's quite liberating.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Better? What does that mean?

It depends entirely on if I'm enjoying the company or not. One on one can be painful if there are no interesting points of connection and larger groups can be boring if the conversation doesn't grab my attention, if they're the options I'd go with the group though, so I can stay on the side and observe. If I'm enjoying the company then there are times one on one is preferable and times when I'd rather be in a group.

MBTI
    ENTJ

PRECISELY. ENTJs are endowed with the marvelous gift of breadth. Pure ENTJs master subjects, disciplines, and areas of knowledge with swiftness and resolution. Pure ENTJs also move on very quickly once they have mastered anything.

I have witnessed many informal acquaintances and earlier stage friends get extremely insecure with the positive changes in my life. While I have left most behind, I still see some at common locations, and it can be amusingly awkward for them, and it affects the quality of our interaction because their reality had just changed. People that don't know us from the past (the us that is no more) see the real us (today) and it is easier to be ourselves.

I used to enjoy one on one interactions and deliberately carved a career to make this a focal point of my service. In our casual conversation with a new person, I usually bring up a simple menu of topics to see if people have something interesting to add to. However, after initiating and interacting with hundreds of thousands of people, I realized that many people just drift through life without ever evolving or seeking knowledge and betterment. I can count on one hand the number of people that have stimulating ideas and thoughts. I still do my best to accommodate for individual differences, but it feels like there's nothing to say anymore. I almost always know right away that I am speaking to an idealist (NF) or conceptualizer (NT) on the rare occasions where I share an enlightened conversation with someone. With other types, the disconnect is imminent within a few sentences and immediately short-circuited.

I sometimes wonder if all ENTJs feel this way... That it is all the same in the end. ENTJs are known to dislike going through the motions because that happens at a stage when the ENTJ has mastered something... yet that's what ends up happening anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    sometimes I feel like it's easier with people I don't know well...

people I know well (or think I do) tend to think they know me well. often, they do. but just as often, they know the person I used to be very well, but have no realization that I've moved on, changed my views and opinions since then and am essentially a slightly different person. I feel trapped by their outdated perceptions of me.

with strangers, I can be who I am now, without feeling pressured to sorta play a part of a person I'm not any more. that's quite liberating.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I feel good with 1 to 180 person situations. More people, no experience.

Of course I've been at events with much more participating, and it's cool, but I haven't participated too publicly in any of those. I mean, the largest crowd I've given a presentation for, was a group of some 180 people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Large groups, by far.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MstrJ View Post
    A Post
    Pretty much my thoughts, as well, even though my situation has gone down, and I've gotten the ability to enjoy a greater part of the people. It has demanded a great effort from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]