• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I'm There

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm definitely seeing myself as an xNTP now. A lot.

Here's a conversation I had with my good ENFP friend.

Phil: I have, however, given up drugs. Illicit ones. Alcohol's still there.
Michael: haha, dergs. Really?
Phil: Yeah. It's... useless. And so are a lot of people. And so I accept this. And focus on the world. Not people. Buildings are reliable. People aren't. I'm not being materialistic. Just not expecting much anymore. Sort of depressing- but enlightening.
Michael: I concurr
Phil: I mean, I'll deal with them. I'll fake all of my emotions. I won't harm them. And they'll let me pass with no conflict. I'll get to my goal; it's not a selfish one.
Michael: Survival. Social elegance.
Phil: But my main quarrel lies in either helping them through kindness or invention. I choose the latter. The former has fucked me over.

Where is my badge?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You'll get a badge when I get around to it...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Phil: Yeah. It's... useless. And so are a lot of people. And so I accept this. And focus on the world. Not people. Buildings are reliable. People aren't. I'm not being materialistic. Just not expecting much anymore. Sort of depressing- but enlightening.

My mind was instantly transported to INTPc. I feel good knowing that my Ne and Fe are well-developed (moreso the former; latter not so much). I know INTPs whose minds are a revolving storm of Ti and Si, and they make statements like this. So glad I'm more of an Ne kinda gal.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know what else is well-developed ? :D

Well I got no clue what you're talking about but to say an intp is more likely to be weak if his Fe and Si are not developed does make no sense to me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont get this either, and what comes to being weak, imo 90%(and 9%im not sure about) of people are mentally weaker than me.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i still like the Fe mirroring theory.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My mind was instantly transported to INTPc. I feel good knowing that my Ne and Fe are well-developed (moreso the former; latter not so much). I know INTPs whose minds are a revolving storm of Ti and Si, and they make statements like this. So glad I'm more of an Ne kinda gal.

Yeah, Ti-Si would be pretty rough.

I've made similar statements, but not so coldly and practically. It was always more, "Trust no one. Betrayal is human and inevitable. Never forget that the line between love and hatred is thin, and easily crossed with a single error. One day they may love you, the next they may despise you. Don't count on anything where people are concerned."

That would be more Ni-Ti, though.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I dont get this either, and what comes to being weak, imo 90%(and 9%im not sure about) of people are mentally weaker than me.

Dude, I'm sure you won't believe me, but running away from rationality whenever it fits your agenda isn't exactly a sign of fortitude.

grow up.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude, I'm sure you won't believe me, but running away from rationality whenever it fits your agenda isn't exactly a sign of fortitude.

grow up.

me no understand

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what else is well-developed ? :D

Well I got no clue what you're talking about but to say an intp is more likely to be weak if his Fe and Si are not developed does make no sense to me.

Any type that sticks with their primary and secondary as life progresses and refuses to venture into new territory (which should be developing naturally as one gets older) is not just going to be less well-rounded and thus less resilient than those who become more well-rounded, but is also fighting off a natural process, which tends to suggest they're experiencing anxiety when stretching outside areas they are already strong in and thus they might be hung up on the possibility of looking or feeling weak... it's an insecurity.

People who are willing to try new things and look bad in the process until they get it, because they see long-term benefit, are probably more at ease with themselves, less worried about what others think or how they are perceived, and are willing to push themselves in pursuit of long-term goals. They probably accept themselves better as fallible human beings and thus put life in better context.

It doesn't mean you stop using your strengths, it means you stop clinging to them out of insecurity. A tennis player with an amazing forehand and serve is still weak if he's too scared to develop a decent backhand, right? He doesn't trust his skill, he doesn't trust practice, and he hates not doing the strokes he feels comfortable with... but his overall game will always be weak if he does not develop his backhand to some degree.

That's what generally we see when an INTP clings to Ti and refuses to use other functions. Developing the secondary is positive because Ne lends vision and openness, and this can carry one through much of life, but usually in terms of social integration and relational happiness, there has to be development of other types of functions. Likewise, another typical "insecurity" complex is when Ti + Si are developed and any external functions (including the Ne secondary) are mostly ignored... it usually means that the introvert is developing introverted functions because of anxiety being suffered in social situations or dealing with the external world... it's an entrenchment strategy meant to keep out perceived danger due to Ti leaping right to Si to support itself and not venture outside its borders.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
me no understand

He meant, you cant write a thread about how you use your Ti to ward off against the real world and then claim in the next sentence you are more mentally stable than 90% of the population.

Thats like playing golf with a magnetic golfball

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Any type that sticks with their primary and secondary as life progresses and refuses to venture into new territory (which should be developing naturally as one gets older) is not just going to be less well-rounded and thus less resilient than those who become more well-rounded, but is also fighting off a natural process, which tends to suggest they're experiencing anxiety when stretching outside areas they are already strong in and thus they might be hung up on the possibility of looking or feeling weak... it's an insecurity.

People who are willing to try new things and look bad in the process until they get it, because they see long-term benefit, are probably more at ease with themselves, less worried about what others think or how they are perceived, and are willing to push themselves in pursuit of long-term goals. They probably accept themselves better as fallible human beings and thus put life in better context.

It doesn't mean you stop using your strengths, it means you stop clinging to them out of insecurity. A tennis player with an amazing forehand and serve is still weak if he's too scared to develop a decent backhand, right? He doesn't trust his skill, he doesn't trust practice, and he hates not doing the strokes he feels comfortable with... but his overall game will always be weak if he does not develop his backhand to some degree.

That's what generally we see when an INTP clings to Ti and refuses to use other functions. Developing the secondary is positive because Ne lends vision and openness, and this can carry one through much of life, but usually in terms of social integration and relational happiness, there has to be development of other types of functions. Likewise, another typical "insecurity" complex is when Ti + Si are developed and any external functions (including the Ne secondary) are mostly ignored... it usually means that the introvert is developing introverted functions because of anxiety being suffered in social situations or dealing with the external world... it's an entrenchment strategy meant to keep out perceived danger due to Ti leaping right to Si to support itself and not venture outside its borders.

Ya ok, that's a romantic attitude.

I just meant according to concept a statement "an INTP without Fe and Si is more weak" is an answer that wants the reader to think about it. And you know me and thinking, I am far too dumb for all this stuff :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He meant, you cant write a thread about how you use your Ti to ward off against the real world and then claim in the next sentence you are more mentally stable than 90% of the population.

Thats like playing golf with a magnetic golfball

me no understand where this is coming from

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya I know. We two need to find the point first, on which we both understand where things are coming from.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wait so NTP means weak and indifferent?

Ha. Good.

I don't suppose it does. This conversation is less about immaturity or weakness and more about abandoning Fe. Sure. I still want to "help" people, but I'm figuring that the methods used before are at fault- or- have proven very difficult and resulted in me being hurt.

Who knows. There are some cases where I'm very outgoing with my intuition. I'll offer ideas freely, and ask questions people are in many cases afraid to ask. But then comes times where people become so unworkable, I decide to simply pass them by.

Hence I hypothesize I'm xNTP.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You jump from INFJ to INTP to ENTP - it is evident you have no idea what you're talking about. I have my certainty you are not NT. You're better off creating a thread about finding your type

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hey at least he is constantly in Ti/Fe mode. Thats better than someone who changes from entp to entj :D