First 1234 Last

Thread: I'm There

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dont get this either, and what comes to being weak, imo 90%(and 9%im not sure about) of people are mentally weaker than me.
    Dude, I'm sure you won't believe me, but running away from rationality whenever it fits your agenda isn't exactly a sign of fortitude.

grow up.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Dude, I'm sure you won't believe me, but running away from rationality whenever it fits your agenda isn't exactly a sign of fortitude.

grow up.
    me no understand
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You know what else is well-developed ?

Well I got no clue what you're talking about but to say an intp is more likely to be weak if his Fe and Si are not developed does make no sense to me.
    Any type that sticks with their primary and secondary as life progresses and refuses to venture into new territory (which should be developing naturally as one gets older) is not just going to be less well-rounded and thus less resilient than those who become more well-rounded, but is also fighting off a natural process, which tends to suggest they're experiencing anxiety when stretching outside areas they are already strong in and thus they might be hung up on the possibility of looking or feeling weak... it's an insecurity.

People who are willing to try new things and look bad in the process until they get it, because they see long-term benefit, are probably more at ease with themselves, less worried about what others think or how they are perceived, and are willing to push themselves in pursuit of long-term goals. They probably accept themselves better as fallible human beings and thus put life in better context.

It doesn't mean you stop using your strengths, it means you stop clinging to them out of insecurity. A tennis player with an amazing forehand and serve is still weak if he's too scared to develop a decent backhand, right? He doesn't trust his skill, he doesn't trust practice, and he hates not doing the strokes he feels comfortable with... but his overall game will always be weak if he does not develop his backhand to some degree.

That's what generally we see when an INTP clings to Ti and refuses to use other functions. Developing the secondary is positive because Ne lends vision and openness, and this can carry one through much of life, but usually in terms of social integration and relational happiness, there has to be development of other types of functions. Likewise, another typical "insecurity" complex is when Ti + Si are developed and any external functions (including the Ne secondary) are mostly ignored... it usually means that the introvert is developing introverted functions because of anxiety being suffered in social situations or dealing with the external world... it's an entrenchment strategy meant to keep out perceived danger due to Ti leaping right to Si to support itself and not venture outside its borders.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    me no understand
    He meant, you cant write a thread about how you use your Ti to ward off against the real world and then claim in the next sentence you are more mentally stable than 90% of the population.

Thats like playing golf with a magnetic golfball
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Any type that sticks with their primary and secondary as life progresses and refuses to venture into new territory (which should be developing naturally as one gets older) is not just going to be less well-rounded and thus less resilient than those who become more well-rounded, but is also fighting off a natural process, which tends to suggest they're experiencing anxiety when stretching outside areas they are already strong in and thus they might be hung up on the possibility of looking or feeling weak... it's an insecurity.

People who are willing to try new things and look bad in the process until they get it, because they see long-term benefit, are probably more at ease with themselves, less worried about what others think or how they are perceived, and are willing to push themselves in pursuit of long-term goals. They probably accept themselves better as fallible human beings and thus put life in better context.

It doesn't mean you stop using your strengths, it means you stop clinging to them out of insecurity. A tennis player with an amazing forehand and serve is still weak if he's too scared to develop a decent backhand, right? He doesn't trust his skill, he doesn't trust practice, and he hates not doing the strokes he feels comfortable with... but his overall game will always be weak if he does not develop his backhand to some degree.

That's what generally we see when an INTP clings to Ti and refuses to use other functions. Developing the secondary is positive because Ne lends vision and openness, and this can carry one through much of life, but usually in terms of social integration and relational happiness, there has to be development of other types of functions. Likewise, another typical "insecurity" complex is when Ti + Si are developed and any external functions (including the Ne secondary) are mostly ignored... it usually means that the introvert is developing introverted functions because of anxiety being suffered in social situations or dealing with the external world... it's an entrenchment strategy meant to keep out perceived danger due to Ti leaping right to Si to support itself and not venture outside its borders.
    Ya ok, that's a romantic attitude.

I just meant according to concept a statement "an INTP without Fe and Si is more weak" is an answer that wants the reader to think about it. And you know me and thinking, I am far too dumb for all this stuff

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    He meant, you cant write a thread about how you use your Ti to ward off against the real world and then claim in the next sentence you are more mentally stable than 90% of the population.

Thats like playing golf with a magnetic golfball
    me no understand where this is coming from
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya I know. We two need to find the point first, on which we both understand where things are coming from.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Wait so NTP means weak and indifferent?
    Ha. Good.

I don't suppose it does. This conversation is less about immaturity or weakness and more about abandoning Fe. Sure. I still want to "help" people, but I'm figuring that the methods used before are at fault- or- have proven very difficult and resulted in me being hurt.

Who knows. There are some cases where I'm very outgoing with my intuition. I'll offer ideas freely, and ask questions people are in many cases afraid to ask. But then comes times where people become so unworkable, I decide to simply pass them by.

Hence I hypothesize I'm xNTP.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

You jump from INFJ to INTP to ENTP - it is evident you have no idea what you're talking about. I have my certainty you are not NT. You're better off creating a thread about finding your type
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hey at least he is constantly in Ti/Fe mode. Thats better than someone who changes from entp to entj