User Tag List

123 Last

Default NTs does sincerity/sincere kindness make you defenseless?

I spoke to my INTJ mum on the telephone today and we were talking about how sincere kindness is one of the few things that can break through all of her barriers.

Basically she and my stepdad are going through a tough time at the moment (he recently lost his job and they are just about to buy a flat) so though I can't really do very much (we live in different countries) I sent her encouraging emails, offered her to support her financially if they get into trouble paying the bills etc. and after each email my rational, tough mum who is not afraid of a fight or a good challenge sent me back rather emotional emails, telling me how my messages made her cry.

When I asked her about that today she said that when someone challenges her she is cool with that or when someone puts on a mask of kindness in order to get something from her that is to be expected too but if someone is being sincerely kind to her without any ulterior motives that turns her emotions topsy turvey and just breaks through her all her defenses.

That reminded me of Synarch posting something similar, that he as an ENTP can deal with a lot but if someone is being sincerely kind to him he becomes kind of helpless because that's the one thing that breaks through his shell straight into his heart.

I was wondering if that is a general NT thing.

I as an NF am very much moved by sincere kindness but I wouldn't say that it makes me defenseless, being kind is my normal mode of dealing with people anyway (unless I am really stressed, then the ESTP shadow comes out ) so I am more on the other side that I am shocked when people are being heartless (though I should be old enough to know that that is how a lot of the world works)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Sincere kindness makes me silly putty.

So many people have an agenda, and I see straight through it. When I see someone commit selfless acts for the benefit of their fellow men, how can I resist loving them a little?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

not defenseless, but makes me bend easier
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Doesnt help, to break my will is impossible
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Doesnt help, to break my will is impossible

Mmmmm... schau mal...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hmhm, well you got me, but who can resist Schokoladentorte ?

To give my 5 cents: I think the mom issue you described is a normal thing. My girl and me moved several cities away from our parents and tho they are happy for us, there are still mails in which my or her mom heavily play the emotional card on random things and all they want to say is that they miss you.

I dont have kids myself yet, so I cant really put myself into their position but I am sure if I am that old I am gonna bug my kids the same way .

Concerning sincere kindness in people, well I dont know. I maybe do understand where Syn is coming from, namely some people, lets call em ESFPs for reasons that need not further to be explained , do have a knack of needling you for an emotional and kind response in a group. And tho my answer will be doubly cruel, given their mean attitude of wanting to provoke it, this maybe could be what Syn meant, dunno.

Under normal circumstances tho kindness is my primary mode of interacting with people and if they are not, they never gonna see me again.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post

Mmmmm... schau mal...

Do all of the NTs get sincere kindness and free dessert, or just entropuppie?

I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Sincere kindness does have a tendency to melt me, especially when it's from strangers.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Sincere kindness does have a tendency to melt me, especially when it's from strangers.
    *reaches all across cyberspace to hug you and watches you melt into your keyboard which unfortunately short-circuites your computer*

Phantonym

Well, true sincerity makes everybody defenseless because you don't have anything negative to turn against the person offering you nothing but kindness. How can you?