User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I would split the two. Sincerity and sincere kindness are not the same and I would not expect the same answer.

Caring for others, when displayed long term, seems to provoke a respectful response in NTPs and INTJs. Too few ENTJs to comment.

As an Fi user, sincerity in emotions and behaviors, however, will evoke very contrasting results.

For INTJs, with tert Fi, my sincerity will be meet with a sincere response. This seems universal, thus I can be very open and honest with them. I can show happiness, love, caring, and pain, and they will respond in an accepting manner and extend forth assistance. They comfort me and I comfort them. I can trust them. We swim in fluffy emo oceans together. I show them more Fi than anyone else.

For INTPs, they mostly avoid everyone. However the ones that are my friends seem to appreciate sincerity. The ones very close to me, will read emotional pain I display and you can see they worry very much, but dont know what to do. They dont avoid it, they just dont know how to help. If I seem unhappy they will start telling me about technical projects that they know will make me happy. They appreciate the caring and courage I show to fight for the best solution for everyone.

For ENTPs, they love my emotional happiness, caring, love, and positive feelings. However any display of unhappiness or pain makes them shun me. So when unhappy, I actually can not be sincere around most of them, with the exception of two very close friends. It is something I have been observing and working the past few months. It is very subtle and I dont think they are aware they do it. Even changes of vocal tone or facial expression are enough to make them withdraw a bit. For me, it is not ideal as it is rejection of my Fi. The ESTPs are even more apparent about this. So sincere happy makes them happy. Sincere sad makes them shun me.

Fi can be used to manipulate other's emotions so perhaps this is a learned response. Perhaps Fi evokes feelings in others? I avoid many members of my family as they are Fi users who use it to their advantage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    So when unhappy, I actually can not be sincere around most of them ...

You choose not to be.

I made a post on the following, in response to another thread, but I deleted it because I didn't think it was worth mentioning at the time: Your posts contain insinuations, while you simultaneously admit that you don't actually understand, and I find it unnerving. I feel like you're trying to manipulate opinion with nearly every post you write. I'm sorry if that's not what you're doing but this is how it seems to me. And that makes me uncomfortable.

edit-My point is: If I do not get a read on an ulterior motive (attention-seeking, manipulation, revenge, etc), I am the first person to jump into the fray. If someone seems to be sincerely hurting, I will help them without a moment's delay. But if there is something about the person's behavior that makes me suspicious, I will not.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Not defenseless. Maybe it'll take down one or who defensive layers but I'll still have plenty.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    You choose not to be.

I made a post on the following, in response to another thread, but I deleted it because I didn't think it was worth mentioning at the time: Your posts contain insinuations, while you simultaneously admit that you don't actually understand, and I find it unnerving. I feel like you're trying to manipulate opinion with nearly every post you write. I'm sorry if that's not what you're doing but this is how it seems to me. And that makes me uncomfortable.

I agree both to both your points

If people are genuinely in trouble, I'll go a long long way out my way to be supportive/helpful etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't have too many barriers, but I do like sincerity/kindness.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

i think the cake would work better, but actual sincerity/kindness is surprising and often catches me off my guard.

MBTI
    ENTP

it does impress me, but things that are supposed to look like it don't. Things like "if there's anything I can do, let me know" - that doesn't impress me at all. Putting someone in a position where they have to ask, without knowing what your parameters or limitations are? If you can't be bothered to observe their situation and think of something specific to offer - if that's too much effort for you, then you're not as thoughtful as you're trying to look.

I've never taken up an offer like that, and I've never made one.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    For ENTPs, they love my emotional happiness, caring, love, and positive feelings. However any display of unhappiness or pain makes them shun me. So when unhappy, I actually can not be sincere around most of them.
    Interesting observation, and the main reason why I can't stand some ENTPs for longer periods. It's the same thing I've noticed before and heard others complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    But if there is something about the person's behavior that makes me suspicious, I will not.
    What do you mean?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Interesting observation, and the main reason why I can't stand some ENTPs for longer periods. It's the same thing I've noticed before and heard others complain about.
    I think that's an unfair thing to pin on the ENTP in particular. I notice that reaction from most people in general, in fact. It's even become a proverb: laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.

Speaking for myself, I very frequently find myself in the position of being a person's only resort or support, and at times when I've needed some compassion, it's been denied me by all types of people, with no discernible pattern in the few who've given it.

I've also been told many times throughout my life to abandon people I'm supporting, by people of all types who've told me they're "too much hard work".
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Unfair or not, this is something I've noticed around people I've typed as ENTPs.
    Not helping is one thing, and getting away from people who don't give a positive enough vibe at that particular moment is another one.