User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISTJ or INTP?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default ISTJ or INTP?

I thought there were few members here (Costring? Matthew_Z?) who were indecisive whether they are INTP or ISTJs... am I mistaken?

Every then and now I ask myself, if I'm an ISTJ... and why wouldn't I be an INTP instead. Every test I've taken has given me a result of ISTJ (except one gave me IxTJ). But yet I don't feel particularly ISTJish. I mean I strongly dislike organizations, religions, military, traditions and formalities.

So, INTPs, what made you think you were ISTJs over INTPs?

And, ISTJs, what made you think you were INTPs over ISTJs?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Is there any particular reason why you can't be INTJ ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah, INTJ sounds like a good possibility to explore. If you like getting things done, if you like closure, if you like Thinking, but you hate conformity, INTJ just might be the MBTI designation for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I don't pay much attention to my surroundings. My apartment is always a mess, and so is my desktop too. I almost perceive organizing as a matter of great unimportance. Doesn't sound too J, wouldn't you say?
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Why not start a thread in the "What's My Type" subforum?
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Why not start a thread in the "What's My Type" subforum?
    Because I'm not really looking for my own type, but to hear what these INTP-ISTJ people have to say. INTP <-> ISTJ is a big jump, but still some people seem to be uncertain which one they are. I've noticed that this pair is more common than any other possible pair of types. Well, ENFP <-> ISTJ is a common pair too, but that can be explained with the shadow personality.
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Well, if you're actually interested in finding out whether your self-typing was accurate, make that thread.

If someone jumps from INTP to ISTJ, they were (are) extremely incompetent at typing and had no idea how to differentiate functions.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well, I don't pay much attention to my surroundings. My apartment is always a mess, and so is my desktop too. I almost perceive organizing as a matter of great unimportance. Doesn't sound too J, wouldn't you say?
    Actually I think organizing is more a matter of how you were raised and how good a certain type of memory you have, i.e. the type of memory of where you put your shit. If your parents or teachers or anything didn't drill you on being neat and organized all the time, and you have a good memory for where you put stuff, then you're not likely to be very organized whether you're a J or a P. That said, SJs are probably the most likely to be affected by whether their parents were tidy or not, NPs the least. However, there are still an awful lot of messy SJs out there.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    I

I mean I strongly dislike organizations, religions, military, traditions and formalities.
    ISTJs don't have to like those things. They can hate them, once again those are stereotypes which people pass around. Take a look at your function strength - I'm sure you've done those tests, which functions are your strongest (and weakest) ??

And, ISTJs, what made you think you were INTPs over ISTJs?
    I don't think I've for a moment thought I was INTP. INTJ, ISTP, ESTJ yes (although ISTJ wins out every time), but not INTP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Doesn't sound ISTJ to me. But just me thinking that doesn't make you not ISTJ.