• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs-kinesthetic memories?

sculpting

So today I was sitting all alone on a conference call awaiting my two deliquent ENTPs who did not call in. I wrote them the following email:

Like grass swaying in a silent field
Quiet reflections on many days past.
golden sun caressing the tops of each toe;
smell lingers deep, taste pungent and sweet,
I am submersed in the grass.

Thus are my senses as I sit on Bridge line 1 all alone awaiting your loving presence….

Humor usually works well. Anyways the second ENTP shows up and says Do you actually feel the things you write about-in the poem?" She meant the sun and grass and so on. I was like, well of course.

She said she did not and it was weird.

So NTs-When you think of kinesthetic information-can you actually imagine what it feels like?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
So NTs-When you think of kinesthetic information-can you actually imagine what it feels like?

Of course I can. My N is at nearly 100%. I feel imagination more than I feel the real world.

And your joke made me laugh. :D

I just noticed the title of your thread. That's something else, isn't it? I don't remember the way things smell, taste, etc. I didn't read your poem and then remember something from my own life. I imagined how it might feel anew ... constructing a new scenario. I don't do nostalgia.

sculpting

oh wait-you are totally right. I don't usually remember things-I just reinvent the kinesthetic things as a new scenario. So I can imagine sitting a field feeling, tasting, smelling, touching. Visual things less so. Verbal very little.

She can remember whole conversations from the past. I remember very little verbal content.

She can remember more visual content than me, and imagine more visual content.

She asked about a boy I dated if I remembered what he looked like nude and then imagined him that way, as she does that. I said no, but that I both remembered and imagined how he felt, tasted and smelled. :)

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
yes I can. i remember smells, tastes and kinesthetic feelings very well :)

Martin997

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
i think its more about imagining what it would feel like. the understanding of the feelings themselves and why are they there seems like a more difficult task.
like the uhm.. feelings in your poem?i can quite accurately imagine the situation and how it would feel.
also, there was a joke? where? i dont get it

but yes the kinesthetic memories, most vivid...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No, I don't have that type of memory inbuilt. Although, I thought that the adjective associated to that phenomenon was synesthetic, since kinesthetic seems to deal more with movement of our own body.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
So today Imy two deliquent ENTPs who did not call in. I wrote them the following email:
[/B]

Go on - give us another chorus of I REALLY LOVE ENTPS thats the reason I'm such a total prick about them.

As for the original questions, yes I do much more than visual or auditory

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't tend to notice those things even at the time when I'm experiencing them, so I'm not likely to remember what I didn't notice in the first place.

But if I do notice them for some reason then yes, I do remember them very, very vividly. And I can, in quiet moments, put myself back there in my imagination as vividly as the freakiest dream, whilst wide awake.

I'm not sure why I would notice them in particular... I know I do sometimes, and it tends to be when I'm somewhere alone, and content. If I'm not both of those things, I'm completely oblivious to all but the most essential sensory information.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am used to grow habits out of pleasant sensory experience, like for example:

This tuna pizza doesnt taste like a salami pizza.
Or thats no yoghurt, it doesnt taste like chocolate.
Or thats no brunette, never ever :D

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah, ENXPs, bonding over Si and mutual distrust. It's a beautiful thing.

sculpting

Go on - give us another chorus of I REALLY LOVE ENTPS thats the reason I'm such a total prick about them.

As for the original questions, yes I do much more than visual or auditory

:)

I dig through entp brains so I can understand them. Authenticity is everything for me. I have to understand the truth. I dig through the deep dark trenches, understand the darkest aspects of others and then accept and love them for what they really are, not what they pretend to be. ENTPs are just extra special there and teach me much about myself as they are a symmetric mirror. For every "attribute" I find, I can find the matching "attribute" reflected symmetrically in myself. It is beautiful theoretically but can highlight my worst flaws and be upsetting.

My ENTP says digging to understand upsets other entps as you guys use your understanding of others to control them. To have someone understand you makes you feel as though they are trying to control you. Not my intent of course. To accept, I have to understand.

Best wishes beautiful ENTPs. I will remember each of you and the brightness of how you think. You have taught me how to better love those around me.

Q has the brightest, most beautiful mind of all which I have delighted in watching, but jeno I shall always love. OMT is amazingly enlightening and open and has taught me much. Substitute, Entropie, and Synarch have beautiful souls. All the little entp punks are utter fun and are adorable and the rest of the older entps are awesome as well.

Bye.