• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and feelings.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I just want to know If my intuitive cousins also have problems explaining and expressing their inner most feelings towards others. Also I hear INTPs can take alot crap from other people. What makes you guys tick?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vulcans have feelings? o_O

"But that is not logical." :)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Feelings? You mean neurotransmitters flying round our brains and attaching them self to receptors on our neurons? Making is do thinks that are not useful? I think we have those, though I haven't heard of any studies that provide definitive answers. Also, I don't really tick, I'm more like a pulse

jixmixfix

Permabanned
you pulse when people piss you off? so you're basically a pulse less zombie until then.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Shimmy has a problem with seeing his emotions beyond the molecular or cellular levels.

Anyways, I always thought the best thing about being an INTP was being so detached as to not have feelings.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Don't take it so literally. I just meant that I don't snap at anything in particular really. I get angry if there's a build up of negative emotions regarding a subject or person, I might go sulking or less likely become mad at you and confront you. Then after a short while my anger fades, no matter how the issue has been dealt with. And then I rationally think about it, and if I'm not happy with the situation at that point I try to resolve it logically. If that doesn't work I start ignoring the problem altogether and only make sure I don't have to deal with it physically and emotionally any more.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Don't take it so literally. I just meant that I don't snap at anything in particular really. I get angry if there's a build up of negative emotions regarding a subject or person, I might go sulking or less likely become mad at you and confront you. Then after a short while my anger fades, no matter how the issue has been dealt with. And then I rationally think about it, and if I'm not happy with the situation at that point I try to resolve it logically. If that doesn't work I start ignoring the problem altogether and only make sure I don't have to deal with it physically and emotionally any more.

ok.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just want to know If my intuitive cousins also have problems explaining and expressing their inner most feelings towards others. Also I hear INTPs can take alot crap from other people. What makes you guys tick?

What's the real question?

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
what would you do if someone forcefully raped you in the bum?

I guess you don't want the question answered ... k

But to give you something to think about:

The difficulty in expressing feelings is rooted in the inexperience or lack of empathy.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess you don't want the question answered ... k

But to give you something to think about:

The difficulty in expressing feelings is rooted in the inexperience or lack of empathy.

So you wouldn't scream like a little girl at an nSYNC concert? :huh:

Lethal Sage

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have feelings and I express such if it will benefit me.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7

Yes, yes I do. I'm trying to overcome my problems, but it's difficult because I just don't "get it". It is very hard for me to express myself emotionally--especially when people randomly ask me how I'm feeling. It feels like it is nearly impossible for me to tell someone how I'm "doing". Actually, people must think that I'm slow/stupid/etc. because I start to blush, mumble/stutter, and smile foolishly. Although, my brother who is an ENFJ likes to call me a robot.

When I walk past him he goes: "My name is Meko. I am a robot, I have no feelings." Ha XD

Unique

I have mostly an ambiance/calmness which interestingly doesn't seem to rub off onto others as it usually makes them just yell and carry on like an idiot "why aren't you stressed out" "why aren't you angry" blah blah blah

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The surface of the river moves slow, but the waters run deep.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Emotions are always on the back burner.

Noamdofthehills

I have feelings, but I try to never let them cloud my judgement. If emotions are useful to the social situation, I reveal them strategically.

However, emotions make me feel uncomfortable, and I tend to squash them. I have trouble articulating them, and rarely express them.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
See it similar to how I see dessert. This is because in general I don't like dessert immediately after dinner like everybody else. Rather have it as a separate meal, I just don't know when I'm gonna feel like it...sometimes...usually following a super chocolate or sugar craving.

This is what emotions are like to me. I am usually detached. Don't trip out when someone is talking shet to me unless they catch me at a bad time (actually had to train myself to tell people to fuck off at socially appropriate times to nip some conflicts in the bud). Often feel my feeling are more real even more sublime than someone who has them all of the time because they are so distinguishable (and intense/un defendable).

When the emotions come, however, watch out...fucken batshit crazy. That turn the other cheek stuff they taught you in church would only make things worse after things went too far.

When the feeling are on its like heart of a poet and temper of the Hulk. When I was a kid I would get in a fight by some bully, he would beat me up until I started crying...then my face would get all red and would start screaming like crazy and in a uncontrollable rage would kick the fuck out of the guy. It so extreme that some of the "leader kids" would play like "gladiator management"...pretty much the same thing happened get my ass kicked...cry...then go absolutely berserk and pull out the can of whipass.

One time was matched up with a kid who was just like me. We got matched up against each other and fought. He kicked my ass and I started crying. Then I went berserk and kicked his ass and he started crying. Then he turned purple. Him purple, me red and both screaming like banshees. Then a repeat ass kickings back in forth. Got bloody, which was rare for kid fights, we messed each other up and the "gladiator managers" had to physically pull us apart. (last I heard the guy went to prison for a stabing)

After formal fighting training I am able to keep cool and violence is not a problem. However breaches of core trust from a long term friend...or worse a broken heart?!?

Talk about agony. I would speculate it is much worse than death. Fucken horrible, don't wanna even get close to being in love again.