• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, "you know you are in love when...."

Within

Permabanned
I have only been in love once, I didn't like it too much...

It's only temporary chemical reactions that's triggered in your brain anyway, and that's all there is to it.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, you're right about that, Within, but so is being drunk or feeling pain or your ability to process any experience, any feeling or any thought ever, but I still know when that stuff is happening.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know I'm in love when I start avoiding the person I love like the plague, and feel horrible all the time because I fucking hate it.

It's only temporary chemical reactions that's triggered in your brain anyway, and that's all there is to it.

FUCK YEAH.

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
When I start acting stupid and irrational. For example I will become very happy and have to smile the whole time if I see a picture of the person I'm in love with and I can't help it, despite I often think "no this is stupid, it is only a picture". I also want to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences with that person, which is rare because I'm a very private person. And I start daydreaming about a future together.
All this stuff happened only three times in my life so far. The first time was with a book character, the second with a fantasy person and the last with a real person but that didn't work out so great... (Needless to say the first 2 loves were also very pointless and impossible).

Omg! That makes me laugh! But who hasn't fallen in love with fiction before? o.0

But yeah, stupid, smiley, irrational. Where did my wit go?? Up in a HAPPY AIR BALLOOOON! hurr-durr.

I prevent this now by yielding stupid irrational pretences and awkward sexual innuendos to everyone I come in contact with. Helps disguise my REAL love.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I've only been in love once, but I knew right away that me and said "love" were in it for the long haul. I just...knew. I become an almost upbeat person, possibly happy, even though I began to embrace irrationality. I would do things that I, under any other circumstance, would find idiotic.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just woke up from a dream of my girlfriend having a baby in a hospital from an early morning text from a fuck-buddy (around closing time at the bars, coincidence maybe). Instead of scheduling a "late nite" I told benefriend I was sleeping and in a committed relationship...AND it wasn't at all difficult.

That act illustrates that in the very least this is the closest to love (feels like love) I have been in a long time

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
When you realize that someone else has the power to get under your skin, and it doesn't scare you off.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
When you do really anti-NT things and kind of feel like a tool for doing it, but don't care.

Awesome.Exactly what I was searching for. You quit analyzing everything they do, you do together, and focus. Focus, when you're there, and not put hard stress on everything. You let go.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Well, you're right about that, Within, but so is being drunk or feeling pain or your ability to process any experience, any feeling or any thought ever, but I still know when that stuff is happening.

+ 1000. I've always found that argument completely unconvincing. It's like losing a wallet holding $500 and reasoning that it was only green paper anyway.

bionic

Permabanned
When that person makes you want to punch them in the balls cause they know the right buttons to provoke you. But despite such impulse, you'd rather jump their bones.

the killer potatoe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
So I came to this expecting something entirely other than what it turned out to be,(which happens to say alot about my love life lately :wtf:) I was thinking along the lines of jokes. :doh:

darkblue

MBTI Type
INTJ
when you go from analysis to paralysis

Hi everyone,
I am new. Maybe this is a new direction to the topic.. still I think this thread is spot on to what troubles me. I am not going to write long stories (they are irrelevant after all), but how do you know specifically if an ENTJ man is in love?

Someone at work flirts with me for months (going very slowly) and shows many of the characteristics of this particular type. He behaves like another person I know, who is definitely an ENTJ, but I haven't got close enough to figure it out myself. I don't want to yet (yes, even after these months). His controlling nature comes out, for example, when he asks me questions in an subtle, yet assertive way. Does this sound like an ENTJ?

Maybe if I were in position to know his type I could feel a little more in control. I like him. But that is not enough for me...you know?

He has been asking around about me. I have chosen not to do the same. Any words of wisdom?

God, I am too introverted for this!

Within

Permabanned
+ 1000. I've always found that argument completely unconvincing. It's like losing a wallet holding $500 and reasoning that it was only green paper anyway.

I've got another one in that case, if you still have the desire to hang out after you orgasm, you are in love.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
When you have been in a relationship for 20 years and through extensive analysis, you can't see any way it could possibly fail that is more than 2% likely to occur in the remainder of your lives, assuming you live to approximately the average age for your gender and country.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
.... I see her smiling, and suddenly I recognise that I get happy just because, and I don't want more in live than making her happy. It's often really stunning, something like: "What? I'm in love.... with HER?"

I usually don't recognise my feelings until they give me a broad hint.

Windigo

When I realize that a person whom I have admired for their integrity and courage for quite some time suddenly either puts me in my place with sagacity and wit or makes me completely lose control with laughter doing something completely random and ballsy (This is usually an ISTP).

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I know I'm in love when I feel scared. Being in love makes me feel brilliant and awful at the same time. I hate feeling vulnerable, it scares me. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.....which we all know leads to THE DARK SIDE. And then my relationships wither and die.

Cheerful stuff eh? date, anyone? :newwink:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
The trick for me is determining the difference between love and limerance. I've been in the former only once and the latter more times than I care to admit to.

Limerance is probably the worst feeling ever. My thoughts become cloudy, I obsess over the details of our interactions and I just feel panicked and stupid (as someone else said "where did my wit go?!). I blush a lot and generally make a big fool of myself. Crushes are awful and after my last one, I've absolved to not do them again. If I feel infatuation coming on, I'll reason the hell out of it and it eventually buggers off. Then I can go ahead and have a normal relationship with the person.

Love, on the other hand, is something so tremendously beautiful I can't put accurate words to it. It's so wonderful and not at all crippling, instead it's empowering and inspiring (despite making me feel so vulnerable). Love is absolutely amazing. I totally understand why people seek it out so fervently. I have no real clue as to how it happens, but if it ever happens to me again, I'm gonna enjoy every last second of it. :wubbie:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Oh--you described it perfectly for me as well...thank you!

Limerance is truly hateful...I have gotten on my knees and prayed for the PTB to gift me with indifference toward my limerant object.

I know I'm in love when everyday mundane life has bright threads of wonder and magic woven into it.