User Tag List

12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Does anyone get these strange feelings?

Some examples:

Sometimes when I see video footage of Latin America, for instance, I have this strange feeling and an image in my head of a Latin American street and I feel a very peculiar emotiont that I can't describe. Whenever I think about America in the 1980's, with cramped hotel rooms and gray suits and things like that I also get that feeling, although it's different every location and place. I grew up in the Soviet Union so it's not nostalgia because I've never experienced it. I don't know how to describe it.

Sometimes I'm standing on the street and I see a person and that person triggers something inside me that gets this rush of strange, inexplicable emotions that I can't describe.

I sometimes do a thing where I think of something, then I think of the fact that I thought of that, and then I keep "thinking" about what I just thought until I realize I've been doing it for a while, and then I "think" that, and there isn't any limits to this because the mind doesn't really have any limitations, and then when I "think" about that, it goes even depeer and deeper.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

USSR!

<3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I get those feelings about England and I've never been there. I used to have feelings like that about the West coast and surrounding desert way before I ever moved there, or even visited there. It's part of the reason why I decided to move out there.

MBTI
    IN?P

Oh wow, I never knew anyone else experienced this. I know exactly what you mean. It's this sort of unexplainable rush of feelings that are triggered by some person, place or thing, and you can't quite put your finger on it... it's not necessarily a bad feeling, though. It's almost as though you were somehow familiar with these things in a previous life, as irrational as that sounds, it's the best I can describe it in my tired state right now.

I have that same feeling about England as well, marmalade. I also felt that way when I visited Martha's Vineyard, MA- it was as if I had been there my whole life. Even weirder, it was exactly like I had imagined the setting of a story I was writing at the time, even though I had no idea what MA was like when I made it up. I think it may be a form of dejavu (or however it's spelled), but that still doesn't explain the Martha's Vineyard phenomenon. I guess it was just a coincidence.

I've gotten the same feeling with people as well, it's not necessarily attraction, just this sort of... odd familiarity. Perhaps they resemble someone who I knew before and I'm subconsciously linking them to that person. Dunno.
    "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." - John Lennon

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Think I felt like that one day when I ate some mushrooms.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yes
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

sorry I get bizarre feelings everyday, especially when I look at live oak trees and clouds so I may be useless.

But maybe this is some weird Ni thing? It is recognizing the symbolism in the things around you, connects them for you, but since it isnt your primary function, it feels really odd and sort of crops up at strange times?

Maybe certain symbols have stuck in our brains due to the strong emotional content at the time the memory was formed, and thus evoke this Ni symbolism more strongly. For instance, the best way to teach a toddler a new phrase is to attach a strong emotional context to the phase.

Such as yelling "god damned mother fucker" to another car in traffic. Ah yes, it took almost 8 months for that phase to go away....

Just my guesses though.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I believe I get the sort of feelings you are describing there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I do have them as well, but usually when I think of a book I have read. Each book has left a specific combiantion of emotions within me, which I cannot describe.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I think that everyone gets these sort of feelings every once in a while. It's may just be more more refreshing and noticeable to the people who don't experience it often.