• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ -> INTP -> ENTP? Huh?

Qre:us

i controlled him by making statements that made him continue this random rant till i stopped caring about this and made him stop by showing him my cards. I tricked him = my win. Do you really think that he would have posted all these pages if it wasnt me making him do so?

A2Poster.jpg

I think i allready spammed too much here, so im not going to continue this for long, because i really dont care much about other peoples opinions about things like this over internets.

"Balls"|Net :rolli:

Dude....you're easier than kindergarten politics. Sitting lonely in your corner with just your jedi mind dicks.

:( Need some virtual 'social interaction'? :hug:

In all seriousness, your post made me laugh. I'll double laugh, if you tell me honestly that you believed every word. :laugh:

Infidel

MBTI Type
INTP
glad you had fun :D

u hug me?

No offense, but you don't sound like an INTP to me either. I'd wager INFJ was more your actual type. Saying things like "I won" and "I made him do that" is pretty illogical and points to a personal bias. If you are an INFJ though, you've probably already made up your mind :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not sure that this thread is still about the OP or not, but...

But I'm not an extravert, dammit!

I'm not!

Why not?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I think it came to me as a bit of a surprise to be labelled, "extrovert." I'm not really outgoing with people, but I think I can see how I can be seen as one.

I'm not very reserved, but I do spend a lot of time alone. And I really like dark, enclosed environments. Like caves.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFJ or depressed ENTP. INTP ? No way

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it came to me as a bit of a surprise to be labelled, "extrovert." I'm not really outgoing with people, but I think I can see how I can be seen as one.

I'm not very reserved, but I do spend a lot of time alone. And I really like dark, enclosed environments. Like caves.

The reason I ask why you say you can't be an introvert is to see if your reasons relate to definitions that are not used in MBTI.

All the definitions about extroverts being loud, talkative, social etc and introverts being shy, quiet, reserved etc get in the way of understanding MBTI uses of the words. Forget them.

I've stated with conviction in the past that there was no way I could be an extrovert cause I couldn't get over the idea of being social and/or loud, all that did was keep me sure that I couldn't see myself in any Extrovert profile. After reading a lot of information on MBTI and Socionics EvI I realised, to my horror, that I am in fact ENTP :D

People who have no knowledge of MBTI would call me introverted and quiet and more of a listener than a talker, which is true, but according to MBTI my focus is external, my dominant function is Ne and when I go out and have a good time I have way more energy at the end of the night than I did at the start, whereas if I'm on my own too long I start feeling like I'm sinking in quicksand even though I enjoy being in my own company, it just doesn't energise me.

Maybe you're an introvert, maybe you're an extrovert, iunno, but how long you spend alone or with people won't tell you which you are, it's how you react to those environments that counts.

Recon I've linked this in about a gazillion times cause it really helped me determine my preference, it's Socionics not MBTI but have a looksee in case it helps.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
People who have no knowledge of MBTI would call me introverted and quiet and more of a listener than a talker, which is true, but according to MBTI my focus is external, my dominant function is Ne and when I go out and have a good time I have way more energy at the end of the night than I did at the start, whereas if I'm on my own too long I start feeling like I'm sinking in quicksand even though I enjoy being in my own company, it just doesn't energise me.

I could have written this. EVERY WORD FITS.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well FFS lady! Couldn't you have done so about an hour ago and saved me the time :D

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFJ or depressed ENTP. INTP ? No way

my honest answer: i don't know. I identify better with entp, but i'm not exactly depressed. all the deep feelings i had for so many things are gone and replaced with objective analysis and systematic future thinking- new forms of government- new world innovations.

Actually, I'm back home for Thanksgiving. I used to be fine here. Not so much now. I feel extremely limited, and I don't feel I have much control over what I can do. Kind of hell. :|

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You will never get a better explanation than that. If you start to understand that, this will your only chance to survive. Everything else is just not yourself.

My girlfriend told me lately, when I said to her: "I dont want to say something stupid in front of your family to hurt them or something cause I am just that abrasive". She said: "If you wont be yourself, they will be always suspicious of you and if you are they can hate you all they want and they will still love you, cause you make their daughter happy".

You know what I am getting at ? In the end, it is ONLY and ONLY and ONLY about yourself.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz-cUnTKxg"].[/YOUTUBE]

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know what I am getting at ? In the end, it is ONLY and ONLY and ONLY about yourself.

Beautifull. I've begun to realize this. I used to think of myself as nothing- that i was incapable of doing great at anything. But I've realized the opposite: people like to do just enough to get by. If I did just the smallest amount more, I could do something great. People- even myself- ask, "why do that?" I answer, "Why the hell not?"

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind." - Kurt Vonnegut

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Scoring something in free online personality test doesent mean a thing. Know yourself, mbti and read profiles. I never scored intp, but i scored intj 4 or 5 times, once isfj and once istp..

+1

I figured out my type a lot more through looking at the cognitive processes. The problem with online tests is that you kind of know what each question is getting at. In my case, I was raised with MBTI and I knew what my parents had pegged me as. It was only through a lot of studying and self examination that I finally figured out my type.

Basically, if you identify you main perceiving function and your main processing function, your pretty much set because you only need to decided whether you're an extrovert or an introvert.

This site The 16 Type Patterns has a list of the functions at the bottom.

Also, once I discovered my main two functions, it helped to look at weaker functions. I knew I was much more Se than Si and that put me on the right path.