User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 57

  1. #41
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Sounds... INTJ.

    (Don't hurt me dear!)
    *stabs you...gently*

    Let me cover the points in here:
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    2)at her worse, I find her to be stubborn, she tends to get overwhelmed by new ideas.
    This is not the nature of any NT of any variety. STs get overwhelmed because they learn in such a methodical fashion.

    She's always hugging people (only her friends though)
    This is a sure sign of introversion.

    and telling them how much she loves them and how she's going to miss them.
    Sounds feeler, but hard to say. Neither INTX would do this, it's just flat not in our nature.

    She has a habit of getting into abusive relationships
    This is a hallmark of ISFJs, and INFJs to a lesser extent. I've also seen it in some other IXFX types, but not as clearly as the above two, especially ISFJ.

    The more important question is: How long does it take them to get out of these abusive relationships?

    She picks stuff based on aesthetics more then function.
    Not an INTX or ISTX.

    but my brain with lack of sleep thinks every thing's a conspiracy, and all tests lie and our wrong.
    Are you an INFX? They do this all the time.


    Provided the data you provided was objective, I'll give a high likelihood of ISTJ or ISFJ, and probably close to the border.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  2. #42
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Yeah what through me was the fact that she thought she was a thinker. I mean she could be intuitive, but I always saw her more as a sensor, But all of the logical people I've met never buys something because it's "pretty" or "shiny", like us feelers occasionally do. I mean if it's pretty and doesn't cost too much then why not?

    I also say sensor, because like ptgatsby or some other sensor pointed out ( I can't remember who said that, I think it was him, not 100% sure) that even introverted ones make friends or something, and she has a lot of friends, even though she only will hang out with a couple at a time and makes them easily. Unlike myself who can count all her friends on one hand,

    btw as far as I can tell I'm an INFP

  3. #43
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I also say sensor, because like ptgatsby or some other sensor pointed out ( I can't remember who said that, I think it was him, not 100% sure) that even introverted ones make friends or something, and she has a lot of friends, even though she only will hang out with a couple at a time and makes them easily. Unlike myself who can count all her friends on one hand,
    That is not strong evidence of S/N, as far as I am concerned -- I think it's a supporting piece of evidence, but it's dangerous to draw the initial assessment from that. NPs can be prone to make lots of friends as well, depending on their circumstances, because they flex so much and explore others/the relationships.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #44
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yeah what through me was the fact that she thought she was a thinker. I mean she could be intuitive, but I always saw her more as a sensor, But all of the logical people I've met never buys something because it's "pretty" or "shiny", like us feelers occasionally do. I mean if it's pretty and doesn't cost too much then why not?

    I also say sensor, because like ptgatsby or some other sensor pointed out ( I can't remember who said that, I think it was him, not 100% sure) that even introverted ones make friends or something, and she has a lot of friends, even though she only will hang out with a couple at a time and makes them easily. Unlike myself who can count all her friends on one hand,

    btw as far as I can tell I'm an INFP
    Uhh...I know an INFJ who has way more friends/acquaintances than me. I've never known number of friends to be a trait for S/N.

    Buying things because they're pretty is more an SF, ST, or "female" trait, if you want to be stereotypical. I will usually consider the aesthetic value of something, and will often pay a bit more for something that looks good, although of course I wouldn't buy some random object just because it's "pretty".

  5. #45
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Oh, I'm not, drawing the line their, I haven't made any strong decisions except that she doesn't feel INTP too me, but I could be wrong. Both my dad and my friend who also tested INTP feels more INTP then her. Also because I'm emotionally involved I could be way off, and for some reason think she's not an INTP even though she is.

  6. #46
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    When I am in serious doubt of the type of someone, I like to get a "second opinion" by Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes . If she is really a feeler, I think it will be better at getting it out of her, than a conventional MBTI test.
    I really like that quiz, I think it gives good answers, and it evaluated things other quizes I've done did not. It showed how much I use each process, which I think gave better insight. For example, it noted that I have very high use of Se, something I think I've developed on from learning to play music, but not something I would otherwise have had. It really noted what aspects of thought I simply don't use (Te, Si), and what ones I use in little amounts (Ti)... it gave a broader understanding of the thought process. Thanks!

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    2)at her worse, I find her to be stubborn, she tends to get overwhelmed by new ideas. She's always hugging people (only her friends though) and telling them how much she loves them and how she's going to miss them. I remember one time at Tropical Smoothie, Our friend and I wanted to go get go get food as we already found a place to sit, we both went to go leave and she was like "No stay, I don't want to be alone" The other friend who likes to be alone and tested INTP (and I he fits the description) as well was like "We're going down stairs to get food, we'll be right back" he ended up giving me the money and I ordered for him. She's a very talented opera singer, and loves performing (but I can see how people from all types could be that). She has a very addictive personality, I don't think that would apply strictly to a type. She loves gay men (but really what girl doesn't?), and she was upset when she found dumbledore was gay because she had a crush on him. She has a habit of getting into abusive relationships, she can sometimes annoy me. When I'm at home from school and she is aswell we meet at Borders which is a 30 minute drive. In highschool I'd be on my way and she'd call and I'd be five minutes away and she'd be like I changed my mind I don't want to anything. She'll promise me something but then won't follow through. She has a terrible sense of direction, she'd get lost if their wasn't either someone else in the car or someone she could follow. She likes to bake and decorate cakes, and they're pretty. She's a perfectionist. We both have the same taste in guys, we both like the same tv shows. I've known her so long I can't say why I like her, except she's a good friend and we look out for each other.

    3.)She tends to pass judgements on what people are wearing, or whatever random things. Lately she's been philosphizing more then she use to, In the past I would try to philosophize with her and it wouldn't work. She's always asking what song lyrics mean, about how fat she is and how skinny people are happy. Even though I try to tell her that she'll never be happy with that outlook on life. She picks stuff based on aesthetics more then function. Our other friend and I will be like "ummm ok. But what's it for/ couldn't you have just done that instead" she's like "yeah but it's pretty, see" then points out something on it. I can be like this but I normally only do that if the product isn't expensive. She asked us how to talk to the bank teller once. I don't know how to answer that um just talk. and We were right their, and the lady was staring at us.


    I'll add more if I think of it. Also I think I was sleep deprived so she could be INTP, the more I think about it I can see how she can fit. She's defiently on the border for some. but my brain with lack of sleep thinks every thing's a conspiracy, and all tests lie and our wrong.
    Okay, maybe I'm way off here... this is just a working hypothesis...

    Are you sure you think she's a Sensor? Sensors are usually more content than restless, live in the moment, dislike sacrificing for future goals. Here are a few N characteristics that seem to fit your friend well:

    1) restless and insecure (always comparing her weight, for example, to others, doesn't want to be left alone in public).
    2) you say she's intelligent but yet you're frustrated that you always have to help her with common sense things (working the computer, talking to the bank teller, directions while driving).
    3) she seems to be a dreamer - you say she is often overwhelmed by ideas. A lot of intuitives will feel a strong pull or attraction to something, begin to idealize it, and will then become stubborn when others point out any negative aspects or attempt to steer them back to reality. For example, if she is an intuitive, she may feel a strong attraction to pharmacy for the reason you mentioned earlier or some other reason, convince herself it is the perfect career for her even if it isn't, and mold herself into that career, putting on her "pharmacy" personality at school. Does her personality tend to change depending on the person she's with or the place she's in?
    4) Having a crush on a fictional character and then being so upset to find out he is gay is not a down-to-earth, rational thought. It sounds very N, especially NF, to me.
    5) She tested as an N, so it's likely she is one.

    Everything you have said about your friend screams NF to me, not just based on the temperament description but based on NFs in my family and NF friends.

    Also, you said you share the same interests in guys and TV shows. Since you think you are an NF, that would make you both NFs and might explain why. It would be very possible for you both to be NFs and still be very different in many ways.

    Here are some excerpts from the book "Do What You Are" regarding NF temperament and weaknesses:

    "Idealists (NFs) have a tendency to make decisions based exclusively on their own personal likes and dislikes." (reminded me of her buying habits)

    "They have a great capacity for self-reproach. Sometimes they will sacrifice their own opinion for the sake of harmony. At their worst, they can be moody, unpredictable, and overemotional."

    What are your thoughts on this? Any way she might really be an N like she says, just an NF instead of an NT?

  8. #48
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    well i'm more confused about her type then before. I guess she could be an NF but she says I'm weird but in good way that I'm entertaining. So maybe NF but I doubt INFP, I mean i guess their's a wide range she could fit in and we could be on different sides of INFP.

    And I'm questioning my type once again.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Recluse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Thought process is more indicative of type than behavior.

    A Sensor has a better grasp of reality, seeing what is actually there rather than what could be there if one were to get creative--which an Intuitive does by nature, occasionally leading to vague or mystical ideas. Sensors may seem more mentally focused, because Intuitives are prone to ricocheting tangential thoughts. Due to their concrete, reality-based manner of thinking, a Sensor will often take an Intuitive's figurative statements literally. A Sensor who is given to exaggeration would be deliberately doing so for effect (hyperbole), whereas an Intuitive may exaggerate without even being aware that they are doing so, since they view the world through the lens of their imagination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

  10. #50
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Yeah, I've kind of wondered if I'm not a sensor. I can sometimes take things that are symbolic literally but then other times I take things that are literal as symbolic. I'm sure everyone does this.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ENFJs: How would you like someone to tell you that they are in love with you?
    By rosemilk in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 05:22 PM
  2. [ENFP] enfps: do you make bad choices & know that they are bad choices the whole time?
    By revolve in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM
  3. Why is it unfair that you are not female/male?
    By nolla in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:32 PM
  4. I am Not, an INTP
    By Anonymous in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 11:42 PM
  5. Not an INTP? So what?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO