User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    2)at her worse, I find her to be stubborn, she tends to get overwhelmed by new ideas. She's always hugging people (only her friends though) and telling them how much she loves them and how she's going to miss them. I remember one time at Tropical Smoothie, Our friend and I wanted to go get go get food as we already found a place to sit, we both went to go leave and she was like "No stay, I don't want to be alone" The other friend who likes to be alone and tested INTP (and I he fits the description) as well was like "We're going down stairs to get food, we'll be right back" he ended up giving me the money and I ordered for him. She's a very talented opera singer, and loves performing (but I can see how people from all types could be that). She has a very addictive personality, I don't think that would apply strictly to a type. She loves gay men (but really what girl doesn't?), and she was upset when she found dumbledore was gay because she had a crush on him. She has a habit of getting into abusive relationships, she can sometimes annoy me. When I'm at home from school and she is aswell we meet at Borders which is a 30 minute drive. In highschool I'd be on my way and she'd call and I'd be five minutes away and she'd be like I changed my mind I don't want to anything. She'll promise me something but then won't follow through. She has a terrible sense of direction, she'd get lost if their wasn't either someone else in the car or someone she could follow. She likes to bake and decorate cakes, and they're pretty. She's a perfectionist. We both have the same taste in guys, we both like the same tv shows. I've known her so long I can't say why I like her, except she's a good friend and we look out for each other.
    Sounds... INTJ.

(Don't hurt me dear!)

MBTI
    yupp

Maybe INTJ. I'm re reading all descriptions as their mentioned to me.

also before she graduated she got very upset about how we'd all move on and we never see each other again.She for the longest time wanted to be a music major and goes to Belmont which has one of the best music programs. Sometimes she talks about the future, yea she does talk about the future.

problem with typing other people, is it's so hard to do, only so much is given to us. I could not type her for the longest time, and I still can't which may mean she's INTP or an XXXX. Especially when you have no confidence in your own type. I tend to be happy typing someone and moving on. Once that's done and I'm satisfied with the results I'll never bring it up too them again unless they ask or want to discuss. I'm not an expert.
    Last edited by prplchknz; 10-26-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I need to quit editing so much

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Sounds... INTJ.

(Don't hurt me dear!)

I love you dear. See you after work....

Seriously, I haven't been reading all the posts in this thread, just skimming it. So I'm sorry if I'm being redundant.

I'm not sure how old she is, but maybe she's still just developing her personality. I find that even I (and INTJ) tends to shadow my good friends too, and pt does act somewhat differently around his friends - and it varies depending on which friend or friends he is with.

Why not introduce her to MBTIc and maybe you can see another side to her?

Just a random suggestion....
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

*note to self* if been awake longer then 17 hours do not attempt to re type people. No one will get you, and think you are a b...
    Poor you. That's awful. I would feel the same way, too if I were in your shoes. I probably would have sworn off this forum forever though and never come back again - so bravo to you for hanging in there.
    2)at her worse, I find her to be stubborn, she tends to get overwhelmed by new ideas. She's always hugging people (only her friends though) and telling them how much she loves them and how she's going to miss them. I remember one time at Tropical Smoothie, Our friend and I wanted to go get go get food as we already found a place to sit, we both went to go leave and she was like "No stay, I don't want to be alone" The other friend who likes to be alone and tested INTP (and I he fits the description) as well was like "We're going down stairs to get food, we'll be right back" he ended up giving me the money and I ordered for him. She's a very talented opera singer, and loves performing (but I can see how people from all types could be that). She has a very addictive personality, I don't think that would apply strictly to a type. She loves gay men (but really what girl doesn't?), and she was upset when she found dumbledore was gay because she had a crush on him. She has a habit of getting into abusive relationships, she can sometimes annoy me. When I'm at home from school and she is aswell we meet at Borders which is a 30 minute drive. In highschool I'd be on my way and she'd call and I'd be five minutes away and she'd be like I changed my mind I don't want to anything. She'll promise me something but then won't follow through. She has a terrible sense of direction, she'd get lost if their wasn't either someone else in the car or someone she could follow. She likes to bake and decorate cakes, and they're pretty. She's a perfectionist. We both have the same taste in guys, we both like the same tv shows. I've known her so long I can't say why I like her, except she's a good friend and we look out for each other.

3.)She tends to pass judgements on what people are wearing, or whatever random things. Lately she's been philosphizing more then she use to, In the past I would try to philosophize with her and it wouldn't work. She's always asking what song lyrics mean, about how fat she is and how skinny people are happy. Even though I try to tell her that she'll never be happy with that outlook on life. She picks stuff based on aesthetics more then function. Our other friend and I will be like "ummm ok. But what's it for/ couldn't you have just done that instead" she's like "yeah but it's pretty, see" then points out something on it. I can be like this but I normally only do that if the product isn't expensive. She asked us how to talk to the bank teller once. I don't know how to answer that um just talk. and We were right their, and the lady was staring at us.

I'll add more if I think of it. Also I think I was sleep deprived so she could be INTP, the more I think about it I can see how she can fit. She's defiently on the border for some. but my brain with lack of sleep thinks every thing's a conspiracy, and all tests lie and our wrong.
    I think your friend is an ISTJ, and yeah they can be stub-born!
    My INFP sister is a pretty good judge of types, but not when she's emotionally involved.
    Like she thinks our drill sargent ISTJ mother is an INFJ. She thinks our ST father is an NF. It irritates the daylights out of me (yes, I know how you feel) because I know she's wrong!

When you say your friend is a perfectionist, that puzzles me. Surely you don't mean she is a perfectionist in the same way that you are? As far as I am aware, NFs are the most likely perfectionists. INTJs are also perfectionists. Or did you mean that she can spend hours and hours patiently doing detailed work, like decorating a cake, making a collage, making 100 tiny braids in someone's hair.

Since it seems like you're sort of asking for more input about type, here's a great site with a simple test. Maybe it will help you with the basic foundational aspects of type. But wait till you're rested.

Personality Type Quiz - Discover your type!

MBTI
    yupp

I don't know why I was complaining this morning. I normally go to bed 2 3 4 in the morning and wake up 7 or 8 am the next day. I think It's cuz I normally drink tuesday thursday friday saturday nights and I hadn't had a drink since saturday and didn't get drunk. So this whole being sober thing is getting to me. I don't see how people don't drink at all. Anyways back to my friend.

And I mean she's a perfectionist in where she makes collages or makes 100 beads. She'll spend hours on something to make it perfect. and sit their making things for it. She likes knitting.

MBTI
    INTJ

And I mean she's a perfectionist in where she makes collages or makes 100 beads. She'll spend hours on something to make it perfect. and sit their making things for it. She likes knitting.
    I can be perfectionistic on some things...drawings and computer-related projects.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    I can be perfectionistic on some things...drawings and computer-related projects.
    Did you design your own avatar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    yupp

if so, you want to possibly design me one. please

MBTI
    INTJ

...And I mean she's a perfectionist in where she makes collages or makes 100 beads. She'll spend hours on something to make it perfect. and sit their making things for it. She likes knitting.
    My ISTJ daughter can spend 10 hours patiently braiding her whole head of hair. It literally takes a whole day, if you count stopping to eat. But she's not a perfectionist in that she has said to me before - when I am fussing over something - "Mom, it doesn't have to be perfect." She is painstaking, but she can live with little imperfections. It's not really the same thing. A perfectionist would cry in frustration and say, "... but I wanted it to be perfect !"

I guess it's hard to tell the difference.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Look at all the hopeless ISTPs and ISTJs that think they're INTPs (mostly) or INTJs (and we know it's bullshit). They won't budge, either.

Just disregard it (and them), like I do.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.