• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP how to be more organized at work? Admin Asst.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Does anyone have adivce on how an NFP can become more organized?
A job requires that I be very organized, and it is majorly stressing me out. I have a lot of responsibilites. A lot to remember. A lot of office work scheduling, admin stuff, in addition to being out in the field and driving people around being back on time (ohh learning maps and routes!). Also new to the area. I had a panic attack today. There is so much to learn, and so much that could go wrong etc. and my boss is stressed. Can't every be late, and am second in line to take over. I replace backups. Just started... Need intervention, help before another ENFP derails. Does anyone else get anxiety when having to be really orgainzed and take on a lot of responsibility, juggle and be in charge?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not natural for us, i know.

but i'd say give yourself lots of extra time to get places if you can. get a gps. start using a daily calendar that lists everything you have to do all day. even if it seems unnecessary. write down things when you think of them instead of trusting you'll remember it when you get back to the office...use the voice feature on your phone if you have to....get more sleep...drink coffee...take some calm pills and try to have a bit of fun with the people too and give yourself permission to do things your way a bit.

good luck.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Do you use Outlook? One handy feature for me is to put everything in the calendar on outlook, then you can synch it with any blackberry phone. Phone will then beep and remind you anytime you need to do something. :)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Can't help you. Will keep an eye on this thread for advice!

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Aha! This one needs to be merged with the duplicate.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I will keep my eye on this thread, too...
Get an ESTJ boyfriend/girlfriend? I don't know. I would like to be more organized without the nagging. (Hubby doesn't like to nag, either).

Kilgore

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's a book that gained quite a bit of steam a while back called "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. It's been about 1.6 years since I read it (and I have by no means fully implemented his system), but there are certainly some helpful tidbits of advise that might help you.

not natural for us, i know.

but i'd say give yourself lots of extra time to get places if you can. get a gps. start using a daily calendar that lists everything you have to do all day. even if it seems unnecessary. write down things when you think of them instead of trusting you'll remember it when you get back to the office...use the voice feature on your phone if you have to....get more sleep...drink coffee...take some calm pills and try to have a bit of fun with the people too and give yourself permission to do things your way a bit.

good luck.

Recording everything via paper/voice/email/whatever is vital as you now don't have to think about it until you're in the right context.

I follow his advise regarding the calendar and only record events that must occur at a specific time and date (meetings, class, trips, etc). He recommends using a file cabinet with folders numbered 1-30 and Jan-Dec for actions that are date oriented. This hasn't worked for me as I just can't do paper, but the theory sounds reasonable. If you need to pay a bill on the 27th, it's in that folder for when you hit that day or you can move it to the folder for the 28th, if needed.

I have also started using an online wiki (pbworks.com has them for free) to record important daily notes (phone conversations, business arrangements, etc). I also use this to create pages for specific projects. I can memory dump into these pages with TODOs and as I tackle and item, move it to a more fleshed out section of the page.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Does anyone have adivce on how an NFP can become more organized?
A job requires that I be very organized, and it is majorly stressing me out. I have a lot of responsibilites. A lot to remember. A lot of office work scheduling, admin stuff, in addition to being out in the field and driving people around being back on time (ohh learning maps and routes!). Also new to the area. I had a panic attack today. There is so much to learn, and so much that could go wrong etc. and my boss is stressed. Can't every be late, and am second in line to take over. I replace backups. Just started... Need intervention, help before another ENFP derails. Does anyone else get anxiety when having to be really orgainzed and take on a lot of responsibility, juggle and be in charge?

Organisation and punctuality is a lot easier for us than routine. Try to keep learning new things and form good relationships with other workers so you look forward to the job. If you look forward to work, you'll probably think quite clearly and take most of it in your stride. Also make lists and have a diary or calendar. I actually find organising ideas and tasks to be sort of fun. Yellow sticky notes are cool also, because you can put them everywhere to remember things.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
thanks for all the advice, oddly a lot of it from ENFP's
one ENFJ.- I like the black berry idea, and outlook, thats another thing to learn, ughh... but prob worth it. My brain is going to explode.
I am not a human computer and my memory sucks. Honestly, I feel slow, so yes I think the blackberry, or constant reminder system would be good, cause who can remember everything, there is so much.
THere is so much to learn, its going to take a lot of time I guess. I came up with an idea to first sketch it out on paper, what needs to be done, and when its due. All the jobs I'm responsible for knowing, all the descriptions of the jobs, the directions, who goes on them, what car to drive, what times I have to be back, what to do in case of emergency, list of phone numbers, patients, their service goals, their behavior issues, their medications, charting them, keeping track of med log, milage, time sheets, intake data, 37 people's names, certification books, medicaid billing plans, note taking, meetings with directors, case management, coordinating transportation, doing the job, job detals, keys, computer programs, training courses, e learning, driving clients home at the end of the day, direct patient care, planning activites, office work, incident reports, seizure reports...more
note to self-things to do today...EVERYTHING.lol Im responsible for knowing a lot, and right now I know nothing.
I want to cry. 12.00 an hour, with benes.
I AM THE ASSISTANT- I'm wondering if its too much stress, I feel like it might kill me. And winter is coming up, I don't want to drive in blizzards, and kill myself. I just don't know if I can handle all of it, or if I should give it a try and go for it. I feel like Im going to suck at it. Or fail. My boss is going to get mad and I don't like confilct. Can't avoid her cause I'm the assistant.