• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How I experience Te + Ni ...mainly Ni. Especially towards Sensors

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
-i'm 5 steps ahead of most
-i'll call your bluff everytime
-i see right through you
-i know whats going to happen before you do.
-i know when you're lying, hiding something, trying to be something youre not
-i know ppls insecurities and what makes them tick
-easily follow another's thought process. i know what ppl are thinking and what their motivations are.

i find the sensors and NF's especially easy to "see through".

add on, debate, whatever.

:devil:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
-i see right through you
-easily follow another's thought process. i know what ppl are thinking and what their motivations are.

Most of that is Ni... Te probably helps though. Of course sometimes, if I'm irritated, I don't think that way at all. Ironically enough, that's when it would be most helpful.

Yes, sensors are a little more predictable, but they can still be insightful. I don't think NF's are that predictable though. I think I'm complex. :smile:

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
NFJ have similar "visions" at NTJ.

The difference being dominant Te will make our vision a bit more realistic, and at the same time pessimistic.

NFJ vision will be more optimistic at first, but when they realize how unrealistic it was, they will become dissapointed.

Not saying NF's are predictable. Definately easier to read than NT's though. NT will stone wall emotions. You might think an NT is mad or upset when really theyre just thinking about something really hard. NF tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves. You know when something is wrong. You know when they're hiding something. And their need to be "authentic" makes it hard for them to hold up a facade for too long.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Most of that is Ni... Te probably helps though.

NFJ will use their Ni to see what others need/want.

The ENFJ I know is especially good at detecting what other people like. Often times Ive heard her say "so and so likes ________". They are people-pleasing.

NTJ use their intion of figuring things out very differently. More likely to use it for utilitarian reasons.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
NFJ will use their Ni to see what others need/want.

The ENFJ I know is especially good at detecting what other people like. Often times Ive heard her say "so and so likes ________". They are people-pleasing.

NTJ use their intion of figuring things out very differently. More likely to use it for utilitarian reasons.

Actually, I use it for both purposes. Perhaps that's because I have dominant Ni, and yours and the ENFJ's support Te/Fe respectively? I don't always know what another person wants, although I'm good at detecting it. I'm not good at hiding emotions in person, but I can do so online to some extent if I need to.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
NT by nature are utilitarian.

NF by nature are cooperative.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
:rolli: If only I hadn't wated my negative energy on another thread. This'll teach me to not hold a reserve of hostility at all times.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
-i have more energy than dominant introverted thinkers.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
-i see right through you

If you could do these things to me, then I'd be very impressed. I can't get people to do this to me even when I try to help them. :) (Except for calling someone's bluff. It takes no skill to do that.)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Your thought process sounds somewhat simplicistic for someone that claims to possess such powers. In any case I wouldn't be so fast to ascribe those abilities to Ni since I've known people capable of such that didn't have the mighty function.

By the way, I don't think I'm more pessimistic than most NFs I know, except for INFPs.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
If you could do these things to me, then I'd be very impressed. I can't get people to do this to me even when I try to help them. :) (Except for calling someone's bluff. It takes no skill to do that.)

You'll be surprised. ENTJs are very adept at seeing through people's motivations, I would say much more than INFJs.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I experience Ti + Ne for much to the same effects, perhaps with less number of levels (tho I'm not sure what you mean by levels). Te includes making things happen. If you drive the development a certain way, and you know how powerful you are in it, you can predict it to greater effect.. but with much less variation to differences. Any variations would have to be eliminated in order to secure the planned outcome. I am not sure if this is what you ment.

When I noticed being able to predict others actions, after some time I hated how obvious everyone was; later I noticed that it was because I was so general in expecting what they do. Like; "now they are starting with some nicety", yes they did, "they'll counter this argument by pointing out some practicalities", etc.

I think my Ti+Ne works different from your Te+Ni, my look-ahead window in T things includes about 2-3 levels, but with all the possibilities, including topics in the conversation, out of it, an emergency in the building, a jump in context, an argument over the style of situation, changing views from one or both participants, etc.. any such changes that are brought in the situation don't really surprise me at all and I find it trivial to adapt. Most often the person who BROUGHT the change in situation is less adaptive.. :) It's probably because they can't look ahead so much, adapt to new information, so they can jump to new different things but then they look their sight where they are.

So I think most people are limited to adopting 1 new point/change of view per conversation, then they're stuck. (edit: less than 1 actually. People dont adopt new points in conversation, on average. They notice that their old points dont work that time, that's it.)

My look-ahead with F is 2 levels and 1 level with S. When I clean my apartment or do something other physical, I find that I'm less effective in predicting what physical I will have to do next (after 1 step is done), and I consider myself 20-30% slower than the people in general.

Ne is another look-ahead function. I think Ne can see what can come from the ingredients we have at one time, but point out the process. Ne jumps over the things that are to be expected. It's like that predicting that some situation will pressure 2 people to get along; so I'll know the 2 will get along, but being unable to tell how. I could predict that one or the other invites the other to their favourite hobby or pastime, but I couldn't tell what it is without asking. S I think has a different approach, I think they would start by asking the hobby/pastime because of their idea that it's usually good thing to do, and they would follow the path they see and end up in the result I predicted.

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
You'll be surprised. ENTJs are very adept at seeing through people's motivations, I would say much more than INFJs.

Uhm...hell no! LOL! INFJ's can see a person more deeply than any other type. Not only is this true from type theory, it's true from personal experience. I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this. Perhaps they can with other people, but when it comes to me they get a big blank. I believe that ENTP's in general are the hardest for an NTJ to predict.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Uhm...hell no! LOL! INFJ's can see a person more deeply than any other type. Not only is this true from type theory, it's true from personal experience. I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this. Perhaps they can with other people, but when it comes to me they get a big blank. I believe that ENTP's in general are the hardest for an NTJ to predict.
The problem area dependent prediction is interesting, too. Someone familiar with the law could expect how a contract party could try to avoid their obligations, but they would have the answers ready.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

In business situations, you're probably right. When people say that INFJ's are best at that, they usually mean interpersonally, one-on-one. With a group of people, in a business context, I can see an ENTJ being better at predicting what they'll do. That doesn't mean an INFJ couldn't if they really wanted/needed to, though. INFJ's just usually aren't attracted to business leadership positions.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Not saying NF's are predictable. Definately easier to read than NT's though. NT will stone wall emotions. You might think an NT is mad or upset when really theyre just thinking about something really hard. NF tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves. You know when something is wrong. You know when they're hiding something. And their need to be "authentic" makes it hard for them to hold up a facade for too long.
Correct... I've referred to myself as clockwork within a blackbox. Making predictions on behavior doesn't involve understanding of internal workings... which can be highly complex in an INFJ. I think the need to be authentic really force myself to act in a manner that is consistent to my self-concept. Therefore making behavior more predictable when compared to say an ENXP. Also I see no reason why I have to hide who I am from people. Besides, emotions can be used as a tool... it works especially well on NTs who are unfamiliar with dealing with them.

I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this.
ENTPs share auxiliary and tertiary functions with INFJs... Ni can be adapted to work in a similar manner as Ne (just slower). So ENTPs might not be the best type to use as an example simply because our minds work along similar lines.

I think an important point to bring forth is that I am only good at predicting behavior from somebody I care about. If I do not find the interaction meaningful, I would not spend the time to understand them and thus make poor predictions. I think an ENTJ makes more consistent predictions...