User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    If you could do these things to me, then I'd be very impressed. I can't get people to do this to me even when I try to help them. (Except for calling someone's bluff. It takes no skill to do that.)
    You'll be surprised. ENTJs are very adept at seeing through people's motivations, I would say much more than INFJs.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I experience Ti + Ne for much to the same effects, perhaps with less number of levels (tho I'm not sure what you mean by levels). Te includes making things happen. If you drive the development a certain way, and you know how powerful you are in it, you can predict it to greater effect.. but with much less variation to differences. Any variations would have to be eliminated in order to secure the planned outcome. I am not sure if this is what you ment.

When I noticed being able to predict others actions, after some time I hated how obvious everyone was; later I noticed that it was because I was so general in expecting what they do. Like; "now they are starting with some nicety", yes they did, "they'll counter this argument by pointing out some practicalities", etc.

I think my Ti+Ne works different from your Te+Ni, my look-ahead window in T things includes about 2-3 levels, but with all the possibilities, including topics in the conversation, out of it, an emergency in the building, a jump in context, an argument over the style of situation, changing views from one or both participants, etc.. any such changes that are brought in the situation don't really surprise me at all and I find it trivial to adapt. Most often the person who BROUGHT the change in situation is less adaptive.. It's probably because they can't look ahead so much, adapt to new information, so they can jump to new different things but then they look their sight where they are.

So I think most people are limited to adopting 1 new point/change of view per conversation, then they're stuck. (edit: less than 1 actually. People dont adopt new points in conversation, on average. They notice that their old points dont work that time, that's it.)

My look-ahead with F is 2 levels and 1 level with S. When I clean my apartment or do something other physical, I find that I'm less effective in predicting what physical I will have to do next (after 1 step is done), and I consider myself 20-30% slower than the people in general.

Ne is another look-ahead function. I think Ne can see what can come from the ingredients we have at one time, but point out the process. Ne jumps over the things that are to be expected. It's like that predicting that some situation will pressure 2 people to get along; so I'll know the 2 will get along, but being unable to tell how. I could predict that one or the other invites the other to their favourite hobby or pastime, but I couldn't tell what it is without asking. S I think has a different approach, I think they would start by asking the hobby/pastime because of their idea that it's usually good thing to do, and they would follow the path they see and end up in the result I predicted.
    Last edited by UnitOfPopulation; 10-26-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    You'll be surprised. ENTJs are very adept at seeing through people's motivations, I would say much more than INFJs.
    Uhm...hell no! LOL! INFJ's can see a person more deeply than any other type. Not only is this true from type theory, it's true from personal experience. I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this. Perhaps they can with other people, but when it comes to me they get a big blank. I believe that ENTP's in general are the hardest for an NTJ to predict.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Uhm...hell no! LOL! INFJ's can see a person more deeply than any other type. Not only is this true from type theory, it's true from personal experience. I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this. Perhaps they can with other people, but when it comes to me they get a big blank. I believe that ENTP's in general are the hardest for an NTJ to predict.
    The problem area dependent prediction is interesting, too. Someone familiar with the law could expect how a contract party could try to avoid their obligations, but they would have the answers ready.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    In business situations, you're probably right. When people say that INFJ's are best at that, they usually mean interpersonally, one-on-one. With a group of people, in a business context, I can see an ENTJ being better at predicting what they'll do. That doesn't mean an INFJ couldn't if they really wanted/needed to, though. INFJ's just usually aren't attracted to business leadership positions.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Not saying NF's are predictable. Definately easier to read than NT's though. NT will stone wall emotions. You might think an NT is mad or upset when really theyre just thinking about something really hard. NF tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves. You know when something is wrong. You know when they're hiding something. And their need to be "authentic" makes it hard for them to hold up a facade for too long.
    Correct... I've referred to myself as clockwork within a blackbox. Making predictions on behavior doesn't involve understanding of internal workings... which can be highly complex in an INFJ. I think the need to be authentic really force myself to act in a manner that is consistent to my self-concept. Therefore making behavior more predictable when compared to say an ENXP. Also I see no reason why I have to hide who I am from people. Besides, emotions can be used as a tool... it works especially well on NTs who are unfamiliar with dealing with them.

I've known 2 people who I am sure are INFJ's, and I am surprised how both can see right through me. It's surprising because no one else even comes close. ENTJ/INTJ can't do this.
    ENTPs share auxiliary and tertiary functions with INFJs... Ni can be adapted to work in a similar manner as Ne (just slower). So ENTPs might not be the best type to use as an example simply because our minds work along similar lines.

I think an important point to bring forth is that I am only good at predicting behavior from somebody I care about. If I do not find the interaction meaningful, I would not spend the time to understand them and thus make poor predictions. I think an ENTJ makes more consistent predictions...