• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's - What are your pet peeves?

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I thought you said you could admit when you were wrong? You're not helping your case here, dude...

By putting it in this forum, where all are free to respond, you implicitly invited the entire board "into it", as you say. If you were looking to simply rant and be validated by your fellows, perhaps you'd enjoy this site? :)

Perhaps you're not "getting it", old chap.

edit - (anyway, I'm a closet ENTJ)

Clearly you aren't an ENTJ..! Any ENTJ would have actually followed through with their joke by making sure the link wasn't directed to a website with less ENTJ 'validating' content than this one.:coffee:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Boy, is that ever naïve! I'm sorry nearly every time I tell the truth, virtually! Especially the times when someone says "tell me the truth, I can take it", and I take them at their word

I don't remember (the OP) asking for your opinion.:coffee:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't remember (the OP) asking for your opinion.:coffee:

That's the thing about people. You never know what they're gonna do, and they can do anything they like, really. Including things you didn't ask them to :)

You wouldn't think it maybe, but in RL I get on really, really well with the ENTJ's in my life... :cheese:

Peace tho... I was just winding y'all up, cos I know how much it's a typical ENTJ pet peeve, that they can't really control all situations and have them turn out like they envisioned, and disobeying their "rules" is one thing sure to get them all uppity. And you guys are real cute when you're uppity :alttongue:

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're the one that interprets them as definitive pronouncements...usually I'm just exploring the possibility that some connection might exist, not declaring with certainty that it absolutely does.

And yet you never seem to interpret these the way I intend them. That's what leads me to believe you don't understand the context in which I'm speaking in most cases, and it's because you invariably interpret Ne brainstorming as Te law-declaring. You aren't even able to see how much your perspective is constantly colored by Te or how any non-Te approach to the external world might be useful.

Every time you discuss typology you always relate it back to testing and who you think is testing personality type accurately and who isn't. You somehow don't realize that the entire concept is completely unquantifiable and immeasurable--buried in level after level after level of Te bias. You can't see any value in any external theory that can't be empirically measured, and it's the dumbest fucking thing on the planet. Trust me buddy, it gets old.

It's a flipping joke, man. Here's more terrible Ne; not only are you incapable of listening to my ideas in the right context, you aren't even aware when I'm joking.

Obviously I don't think INTJs are objectively better than ENTJs. There's nothing objective in the entire system of typology; it's just philosophy, not science. I do personally happen to get along better with the INTJs that I know than the ENTJs, but that's the joke, see?

No, you probably don't. Listen, do me a favor and put me back on your ignore list. You never, ever correctly discern my shade of meaning or context and I'm just tired of explaining it to you.

:popc1: TOUCHE! :duel:

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oooh. YES. When someone does this, I end up wanting to punch them more than I want to punch the person I'm fighting with. Fence-sitters and peacemakers, who choose to involve themselves in my business, can FUCK. OFF.

Ahem.

In other news, I don't think I can defend my type anymore. We're clearly assholes. :(

What about those who escalate the situation just because it might lead somewhere interesting? :devil:

theplacesyoullgo

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but my two main pet peeves are 1) people who keep you waiting on their plans, and 2) when people tell me to "calm down" about a situation when I'm not even agitated or bothered.

The former irks because I don't like having to refrain from making plans with other Js because I have to wait to see if some flaky P decides whether s/he wants to do something on a particular date. Half the time, the plans don't work out, and then I have nothing to do that night as a result of their indecisiveness. I don't think a lot of Ps get that what they're doing is a giant inconvenience, and even asking some extreme Ps for plans a few days before a date can be see as "nagging" by them.

As for the latter: I'm more than willing to admit I get irritated more easily than the average person does, but less highly-strung people tend to think that being animated equals upset or overly excited, which isn't necessarily the case. "Calm down" when I'm not even amped up, just animated, bothers me.

All my other pet peeves have less to do with my personality type and are rather just idiosyncrasies.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Pet Peeves

When people misuse the word "antisocial" to refer to a lack of sociability.
When people incorrectly use "is" instead of "are".
When people say things like "Where is your house at?" "Where is the grocery store at?" etc.
When people use the word "anymore" in place of "lately" or "nowadays" ("The temperature seems to be getting higher and higher anymore.")
Small talk, when it is used to make me feel comfortable when I'm trying to read or do something else in peaceful solitude.
Fake friends.
People that use rudeness to demonstrate their superiority rather than allowing their (usually lacking) skill or virtue to speak for them.
People that pull into the crosswalk at a red light (esp. ones that try to back up once they have realised there is a pedestrian on it).

Among others.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
(I only skimmed the OP)

it seems a bit silly to have such a long list of pet peeves, isn't the "pet" supposed to designate some sort of special but not very serious place in your heart?

The only thing I'll consider a real pet peeve is something specific (a single example will provide all necessary characteristics of the peeve) which bothers you but which can't be bundled together with other bothers according to cause.

Inefficiency does not qualify as a pet peeve. Inefficiency is more like a globally prominent disease that's transmitted by sharing a workspace with the infected.

examples of pet peeves:

Palestinian scarves on black guys
Final Fantasy X posters

F

figsfiggyfigs

When someone tells me to Calm Down

I WILL KILL YOU!! lol

or when a guy swears at me for fun/as a joke.

how very unattractive.

I can't stand it when I'm in a group , working, and everyone automatically assigns me as the Leader and expects me to do all the major work. We're a team people. we work equally! I'm not supposed to pick up all your slack cause you're air heads.....

I can't stand untamed people. make an effort man.

or when my hangers are not all facing the front of my closet.. which i guess is more of an OCD.

when boys stick their pants into their socks. Oh dear god man, i dont wanna see your skinny ankles...

or your undies(when your pants are hanging half way down your ass)
the list goes on...

F

figsfiggyfigs

Ed Hardy.
Slow drivers.

How about slow people?!?!?! i hate those too. i kitty tip toeing behind some slow poke taking their time walking. Move out of my way. or I will walk through you... if that was possible... :cheese:

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
How about slow people?!?!?! i hate those too. i kitty tip toeing behind some slow poke taking their time walking. Move out of my way. or I will walk through you... if that was possible... :cheese:

I always walk slow. I don't like anyone attempting to outsmart me. It's futile. I'm standing on your neck yet you're not confrontational until I leave.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When people patronize me. Like when I try to make plans with someone or get someone to do something and they say "maybe" or "probably" Instead of just telling me no, for example. If I don't get a straight answer from someone about something without a reason, I will assume that I can't rely on them.

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
One of my friends is an ENTJ and her greatest pet peeve has been people stressing the obvious to her. She also really hates it when people don't abide by general social politeness and conventions (such as people cutting in line and being rude). She's dyslexic, so her spelling and grammar isn't great, but she tries to improve in areas she knows she's lacking.