User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 160

  1. #11
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I can't say I'm very bothered by indeciseveness and disorganization, I've gotten pretty good at not putting myself in situations where I am relying on people who may not pull through. Always a plan B, C, and D in mind.


    As for adding something to the list:
    - People who think that because I'm arguing actively about a point, its because i'm somehow emotionally attached to it. No, I am pointing out the logical inconsistencies in your argument to discuss an idea, not because my feelings were hurt.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I can't say I'm very bothered by indeciseveness and disorganization, I've gotten pretty good at not putting myself in situations where I am relying on people who may not pull through. Always a plan B, C, and D in mind.


    As for adding something to the list:
    - People who think that because I'm arguing actively about a point, its because i'm somehow emotionally attached to it. No, I am pointing out the logical inconsistencies in your argument to discuss an idea, not because my feelings were hurt.
    It is impossible for me to avoid situations of disorganization. I am still in high school and need to deal with the same people every day, as well as follow the rules of school/home regardless of whether or not I want to. I have little say as to who I hang out with - if I am kicking it with a few friends, other people jump in, and thus I am forced to hang out with people whom I would not have hand chosen. However, I realize that my fantasy situation in handpicking everyone is unrealistic and thus, I have been doing a good job as of late of adapting to the spontaneous and consciously working on my P.

    However, are ENTJ's youthful? I just cannot wait to have my own place, my own money to spend, my own rules to follow, my own decisions to follow. Basically, being in charge of myself. I just cannot fully appreciate my teenage years the same way that other types can, particularly the perceivers. Were any of you guys truly happy in high school, or did you write it off as stepping stone that the system has in place for you? I am so excited for life to truly begin that I get antsy in the present moment and cannot truly appreciate what is right infront of me. I'll even take it a step further and say it is impossible for me to truly relax.

  3. #13
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I wasn't truly happy until I went to law school.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    That's the great thing about the truth though. You never have to be sorry you said it.

    The only reason people are uncomfortable with the truth, is (often) that they are uncomfortable painting themselves in an honest and unbiased light recognizing their faults as much as their strengths.

    But, if you are honest with yourself first, you never really have to be afraid of others finding out who you really are. Because you already know and have accepted yourself. If others can't do the same, they obviously don't deserve to be your friend.
    That is a bad mentality that you have, but I am the same way by nature. The way I see it is if you can't handle what I say, I don't care about you. However, if you can handle what I say, then I gain respect for you. The way I rationalized it was that the people whom I don't care about won't like me, while the ones that I do care about would adore me because I speak my mind and ultimately, the truth.

    The reason that this does not work is that it simply is not practical. This was a conscious decision on my part, reached through my introverted thinking. If you objectively observe (which I know you can) where this leads you, you will see that the results are not preferable. We as ENTJ's may always be right, but we will not be liked. And ultimately, if we do not have fulfilling relationships we will be miserable.

    That is the way I see it. I do agree with you to a large degree though. The problem is practicality. Too bad everyone else does not see the world the same way that we do, eh?

  5. #15
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post
    That is a bad mentality that you have, but I am the same way by nature. The way I see it is if you can't handle what I say, I don't care about you. However, if you can handle what I say, then I gain respect for you. The way I rationalized it was that the people whom I don't care about won't like me, while the ones that I do care about would adore me because I speak my mind and ultimately, the truth.

    The reason that this does not work is that it simply is not practical. This was a conscious decision on my part, reached through my introverted thinking. If you objectively observe (which I know you can) where this leads you, you will see that the results are not preferable. We as ENTJ's may always be right, but we will not be liked. And ultimately, if we do not have fulfilling relationships we will be miserable.

    That is the way I see it. I do agree with you to a large degree though. The problem is practicality. Too bad everyone else does not see the world the same way that we do, eh?
    Agreed.

    My desire to speak the truth isn't a hard and fast rule to be used in all circumstances.

    In some instances I realize that discretion is the greater part of valor and I will extricate my self from that situation before I offend someone or upset the group dynamics.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Agreed.

    My desire to speak the truth isn't a hard and fast rule to be used in all circumstances.

    In some instances I realize that discretion is the greater part of valor and I will extricate my self from that situation before I offend someone or upset the group dynamics.
    Of course you agree. We are both ENTJ's. It's awesome that I can finally speak to someone that is 100% with me on something.
    But the problem is that we only make up 2% of the population. Now, to get the other 98% of the world to realize how competent we are and rather than question us, just listen, take it like a bitch, and see the success that comes upon following our minds...

  7. #17
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    The funny thing is I used to be a huge people pleaser due to how insecure I was.

    Now that I've gotten over that, no one wants to talk anymore

  8. #18
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    You'll like it a lot better when you get out high school. If you go into university into a subject you are really into, you will for the most part be around slightly more like-minded people.

    If you go into something like engineering like I did, pretty much everyone will be an INTJ or some form or TJ, and you will likely get along with them better.


    It is however extremely important to learn to deal with all kinds of people. Even if you absolutely know they are wrong and being ridiculous (which is something that will follow you your entire life), it will pretty much never work to your advantage to push that point.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The funny thing is I used to be a huge people pleaser due to how insecure I was.

    Now that I've gotten over that, no one wants to talk anymore
    One extreme or the other. All or nothing. Typical ENTJ!
    There is a reason that people in real life are constantly calling us stubborn.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    You'll like it a lot better when you get out high school. If you go into university into a subject you are really into, you will for the most part be around slightly more like-minded people.

    If you go into something like engineering like I did, pretty much everyone will be an INTJ or some form or TJ, and you will likely get along with them better.


    It is however extremely important to learn to deal with all kinds of people. Even if you absolutely know they are wrong and being ridiculous (which is something that will follow you your entire life), it will pretty much never work to your advantage to push that point.
    That is pleasing to hear, because my speculations are at least correct. I just do not think that the ENTJ is tailored to be fully happy in high school because we hate situations we have no say over.

    I have no idea which field to go into. Which majors would be ENTJ oriented? Nothing interests me other than entrepreneurial work, which I do not even need a college degree for...

    I agree with you full-heartedly on the last paragraph. 100%. The problem with me is execution in this regard. From an older ENTJ to a younger, does it get easier to "let things go?" I don't mind my lack of F so much as my strong J. The strong J is what keeps us alienated at times.

    The good thing about being an ENTJ is that we understand everything, and don't ever live in a state of confusion like other types do.

Similar Threads

  1. What are your instincts?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 12-19-2016, 02:12 AM
  2. [ENTJ] ENTJs, what are your future plans?
    By Electric in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
  3. What are your political views?
    By Dufresne in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO