First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I thought you said you could admit when you were wrong? You're not helping your case here, dude...

By putting it in this forum, where all are free to respond, you implicitly invited the entire board "into it", as you say. If you were looking to simply rant and be validated by your fellows, perhaps you'd enjoy this site?

Perhaps you're not "getting it", old chap.

edit - (anyway, I'm a closet ENTJ)
    Clearly you aren't an ENTJ..! Any ENTJ would have actually followed through with their joke by making sure the link wasn't directed to a website with less ENTJ 'validating' content than this one.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ugh
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Boy, is that ever naïve! I'm sorry nearly every time I tell the truth, virtually! Especially the times when someone says "tell me the truth, I can take it", and I take them at their word
    I don't remember (the OP) asking for your opinion.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't remember (the OP) asking for your opinion.
    That's the thing about people. You never know what they're gonna do, and they can do anything they like, really. Including things you didn't ask them to

You wouldn't think it maybe, but in RL I get on really, really well with the ENTJ's in my life...

Peace tho... I was just winding y'all up, cos I know how much it's a typical ENTJ pet peeve, that they can't really control all situations and have them turn out like they envisioned, and disobeying their "rules" is one thing sure to get them all uppity. And you guys are real cute when you're uppity
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're the one that interprets them as definitive pronouncements...usually I'm just exploring the possibility that some connection might exist, not declaring with certainty that it absolutely does.

And yet you never seem to interpret these the way I intend them. That's what leads me to believe you don't understand the context in which I'm speaking in most cases, and it's because you invariably interpret Ne brainstorming as Te law-declaring. You aren't even able to see how much your perspective is constantly colored by Te or how any non-Te approach to the external world might be useful.

Every time you discuss typology you always relate it back to testing and who you think is testing personality type accurately and who isn't. You somehow don't realize that the entire concept is completely unquantifiable and immeasurable--buried in level after level after level of Te bias. You can't see any value in any external theory that can't be empirically measured, and it's the dumbest fucking thing on the planet. Trust me buddy, it gets old.

It's a flipping joke, man. Here's more terrible Ne; not only are you incapable of listening to my ideas in the right context, you aren't even aware when I'm joking.

Obviously I don't think INTJs are objectively better than ENTJs. There's nothing objective in the entire system of typology; it's just philosophy, not science. I do personally happen to get along better with the INTJs that I know than the ENTJs, but that's the joke, see?

No, you probably don't. Listen, do me a favor and put me back on your ignore list. You never, ever correctly discern my shade of meaning or context and I'm just tired of explaining it to you.
    TOUCHE!
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Why don't you take a stroll down memory lane and read your own thread:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post611163

You claim the functions are bullshit, but you turn around and use the functions against people.
    I have zero tolerance for Jekyll and Hyde horse shit.

Knock it off.
    'Be consistent, dammit.......NOW!' :yim_rolling_on_the_
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Oooh. YES. When someone does this, I end up wanting to punch them more than I want to punch the person I'm fighting with. Fence-sitters and peacemakers, who choose to involve themselves in my business, can FUCK. OFF.

Ahem.

In other news, I don't think I can defend my type anymore. We're clearly assholes.
    What about those who escalate the situation just because it might lead somewhere interesting?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    love ? I eat em for breakfast !
    Taste like chicken.

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but my two main pet peeves are 1) people who keep you waiting on their plans, and 2) when people tell me to "calm down" about a situation when I'm not even agitated or bothered.

The former irks because I don't like having to refrain from making plans with other Js because I have to wait to see if some flaky P decides whether s/he wants to do something on a particular date. Half the time, the plans don't work out, and then I have nothing to do that night as a result of their indecisiveness. I don't think a lot of Ps get that what they're doing is a giant inconvenience, and even asking some extreme Ps for plans a few days before a date can be see as "nagging" by them.

As for the latter: I'm more than willing to admit I get irritated more easily than the average person does, but less highly-strung people tend to think that being animated equals upset or overly excited, which isn't necessarily the case. "Calm down" when I'm not even amped up, just animated, bothers me.

All my other pet peeves have less to do with my personality type and are rather just idiosyncrasies.

MBTI
    INFP

Default Pet Peeves

When people misuse the word "antisocial" to refer to a lack of sociability.
    When people incorrectly use "is" instead of "are".
    When people say things like "Where is your house at?" "Where is the grocery store at?" etc.
    When people use the word "anymore" in place of "lately" or "nowadays" ("The temperature seems to be getting higher and higher anymore.")
    Small talk, when it is used to make me feel comfortable when I'm trying to read or do something else in peaceful solitude.
    Fake friends.
    People that use rudeness to demonstrate their superiority rather than allowing their (usually lacking) skill or virtue to speak for them.
    People that pull into the crosswalk at a red light (esp. ones that try to back up once they have realised there is a pedestrian on it).

Among others.