User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Which type is more like to go personal tangential semi rants that make you go "well, now we know how you feel about that...".
    Other qualities include:
    being fairly blunt
    having a very definite/confident demeanor but I wouldn't say cocky
    semi laid-back
    serious more of the time but still silly
    abstract, vague
    does things at the last minute and kind of forgetful sometimes
    reserved but random bursts of personal anecdotes
    INTP, absolutely.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    INTP, absolutely.
    haha, thanks. For the longest time, I kept pegging him as an INTJ because he's not like most INTPs I know. However, INTP makes a lot more sense with the rampant miscommunication.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    INTP, absolutely.
    Absolutely agree. And I have found that same phenomenon with my ENFJ friends. I feel like we agree, and have a lot of the same ideas and philosophies, but we got there in different ways. I think that's kinda fascinating.
    Something Witty

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Absolutely agree. And I have found that same phenomenon with my ENFJ friends. I feel like we agree, and have a lot of the same ideas and philosophies, but we got there in different ways. I think that's kinda fascinating.
    So do you have any suggestions for improving the communication gap that seems to occur?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

So do you have any suggestions for improving the communication gap that seems to occur?
    Could you explain a little more about the gap? For example, where misunderstandings seem to occur and where you end up diverging?

One thing that helps me get on the same page with others is if they make it a point to clearly explain the terms they are using. INTPs will do this probably too much, but it's necessary for us to feel like we're looking at a situation clearly.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Could you explain a little more about the gap? For example, where misunderstandings seem to occur and where you end up diverging?

One thing that helps me get on the same page with others is if they make it a point to clearly explain the terms they are using. INTPs will do this probably too much, but it's necessary for us to feel like we're looking at a situation clearly.
    I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I think part of the misunderstandings occur when I say or ask anything with a subtle nuance in it. If I tried to explain everything to somebody, it would take forever. As a result, I condense my ideas down to 1-2 sentences and expect the person to pick up on the subtleties. So I'm guessing Ti-doms does not care for that?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I think part of the misunderstandings occur when I say or ask anything with a subtle nuance in it. If I tried to explain everything to somebody, it would take forever. As a result, I condense my ideas down to 1-2 sentences and expect the person to pick up on the subtleties. So I'm guessing Ti-doms don't care for that?
    I can understand what you mean Typically a Ti-dom will need to be able to properly frame problems or perspectives if they're going to be comfortable concluding anything about them at all, the detection of any ambiguity and nuance will somewhat delay that process.. In a way, it's very anti-p in the sense that they need things properly defined and can get hung up on certain points.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Someone I know has scored either INTP or INTJ for his MBTI type. I'd describe him as very intelligent, highly competitive in the classroom, thinks that meaning is arbitrary, is calm, confident, and likes to organize things. He's strong in naturalistic, logical/mathematical, and musical abilities. NTs, do you think he's an INTP or INTJ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I decided last night to commence creating a taxonomy of all the types because I came up with what I think is a nifty part classification for INTs:

Kalach - can you share the taxonomy you came up with for INTs?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Someone I know has scored either INTP or INTJ for his MBTI type. I'd describe him as very intelligent, highly competitive in the classroom, thinks that meaning is arbitrary, is calm, confident, and likes to organize things. He's strong in naturalistic, logical/mathematical, and musical abilities. NTs, do you think he's an INTP or INTJ?
    -Intelligence: common for both types
    -highly competitive in classroom: I've seen it in both types
    -meaning is arbitrary: not sure
    -calm: seen it in both types
    -confident: an appearance of outward confidence is probably more common for INTJ's, generally speaking
    -likes to organize things: seen it in both types, but probably more common for INTJ's. INTP's are very good at it, but only when and if they want to be, which may not be that often. It's more of a chore for us, I think, rather than a preferred mode of operation. But, like I said, we are very capable of being highly organized if we choose to.
    -naturalistic, logical/mathematical/musical ability: I don't want to sell INTJ's short in these categories, but this seems more INTP-ish to me. I know INTJ's that are highly talented in logic/math, but I'm not sure about musical and naturalistic type stuff. These definitely seem more INTP, and we're usually very capable in math as well.

I wouldn't be able to tell whether the person is INTJ or INTP based on the limited information in your post.

Does he exhibit Te or Ne? Is he "play first, work later" or "work first, play later"? Is he more geared to "get things done/make decisions" or "play it by ear/ask me later"?