User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    FYI: I'd stay and argue, but I have a date!
    Good one.

Inanimate objects cannot be "dated."
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Good one.

Inanimate objects cannot be "dated."
    You're hilarious, Haight. When will you perform in the Apollo Theater?

a/ I assumed you wrote the OP since that's what you stated in the OPs opening paragraph. The OP is an attempt to take a portion of MBTI theory and reinterpret a few pieces of it in your own words and from your own viewpoint. Therefore, it is yours.
    But I'm not trying to reinterpret anything!

I'm not accusing you of doing anything you haven't done. So feel free to go back read and answer the questions I already presented.
    You accuse me of "playing semantics", of "trying to create a simple answer to a complex issue", whereas all I'm trying to do is regurgitate and clarify (and in the process, understand) an existing system for the benefit of others. You seem to be taking the stance that I have some new theory of mine to prove to the rest of the world, that I have a burning desire to solve the typology problem once and for all, whereas instead all I'm doing is asking for feedback on whether what I wrote accurately describes an existing system. I go with common assumptions about the system, because that allows me to explore, understand and describe it for the benefit of others.

To someone first expressing an interest with the MBTI, it's hard to tell the difference between the INTP and INTJ from generalised type descriptions. So I figured I'd write a guide to help people understand the difference, since according to the mechanics of the system there is one; it's just a case of finding the right words to express that difference.

You're acting like Jaguar, who's uninterested in joining a hypothetical discussion unless he's able to dismiss the whole ordeal as "short-sighted" or something equally contemptuous. "Pfft, you guys are stupid. You don't actually believe this crap do you? ".

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post

You're acting like Jaguar, who's uninterested in joining a hypothetical discussion unless he's able to dismiss the whole ordeal as "short-sighted" or something equally contemptuous. "Pfft, you guys are stupid. You don't actually believe this crap do you? ".

I applaud your username. It suits you: Farce.

I go with common assumptions
    I may vomit, momentarily.

MBTI
    NICE

"Pfft, you guys are stupid. You don't actually believe this crap do you? ".
    The question is not what anyone else believes...

When you propound an idea/theory/proposition/position/regurgitation/clarification - call it what you will - someone is bound not to agree.

Your reaction questions: a) Your ability to present a coherent theory once the wolves come knocking; b) Whether you are seriously concerned about any feedback that could be used to modify or better the theory (or just ditch it); or whether you just want to spout off.

In engineering, stress is used to test integrity. This extends to other arenas.

That's the way it is, kiddo.

Cheers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

This is easy to understand.

An INTP will make plans to build an enormous robot in a very cheap manner, one that could be used to take over the world, but will get bored before he/she finishes it. An INTJ will do the same, except he/she WILL finish it and utilize it.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think you did a pretty good job with your summary. I liked it because it took some complex ideas and broke them down into rather easily explainable terms.

Don't get frustrated with the INTJs testing your theory (regardless if they do it in a less than F(e) manner); if you can stick with it and them it will tend to improve, flesh out and tighten up your theory/summation of your understanding.

Whether they (the INTJs) ultimately agree with your theory or not (since you an INTP are comparing your type with their type expect some bias and competitiveness on their part) is not where the benefit comes from...where the benefit comes from you understanding what they are saying and attempting on answering instead of just getting frustrated.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I think you did a pretty good job with your summary. I liked it because it took some complex ideas and broke them down into rather easily explainable terms.

Don't get frustrated with the INTJs testing your theory (regardless if they do it in a less than F(e) manner); if you can stick with it and them it will tend to improve, flesh out and tighten up your theory/summation of your understanding.

Whether they (the INTJs) ultimately agree with your theory or not (since you an INTP are comparing your type with their type expect some bias and competitiveness on their part) is not where the benefit comes from...where the benefit comes from you understanding what they are saying and attempting on answering instead of just getting frustrated.
    Well said.

Farce,

I think in the initial summary there was a part left out about INTJ's being a royal pain in the arse when they smell a theory that might have gaps. I hate to say you should feel flattered by their attention... but that's kind of how it goes. If they didn't think it was worth arguing about, they wouldn't be aggravating you so relentlessly.

I liked the summary overall, but I do think there are some gaps in the understanding of INTJ's. The others may be picking up on this, and taking issue with it because a NON INTJ is telling them 'what' they are or should be. People with a strong sense of self (and boneheads like us who "study" peculiar phsychology) can and will pick apart something that is supposed to be 'defining' who they are if they feel its innacurate.

Use their criticism constructively. Use it to refine your definitions and then invite them to tear it down again. The more times that happens, the fewer faults they'll be able to find and the better it will get.

That's what we're good at. "Its not personal... its business"... and nothing says "Business" like a new theory that needs tearing apart.

Embrace the possibilities.

"Here is my attempt at clarifying someone else's system!"
    "Your system makes no sense."
    "Why are you attributing it to me?! "
    "Pfft, you just can't handle criticism."

MBTI
    INTj

No one is reading what I said in my last post
    Wrong again.

I read it and did this:
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."