User Tag List

First 20282930

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I must have missed the punchline. I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.
    Let's just sit and think about this for a second: Did you seriously think that I was suggesting that the only difference between INTJs and INTPs is that INTP are wise good guys and INTJs are evil geniuses, based solely on the supposed types of fictional characters? Come on, give me some credit. See, this lack of humor is why people don't like INTJs. Don't think it's funny? Fine. It's not supposed to be laugh-out-loud humor. But you should understand that I was merely commenting on a trend I have observed in which people type the stereotypical good genius as an INTP and the stereotypical evil genius as an INTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    Let's just sit and think about this for a second: Did you seriously think that I was suggesting that the only difference between INTJs and INTPs is that INTP are wise good guys and INTJs are evil geniuses, based solely on the supposed types of fictional characters? Come on, give me some credit. See, this lack of humor is why people don't like INTJs. Don't think it's funny? Fine. It's not supposed to be laugh-out-loud humor. But you should understand that I was merely commenting on a trend I have observed in which people type the stereotypical good genius as an INTP and the stereotypical evil genius as an INTJ.
    = and =

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

INTJs are only logical after they discover their Te and realize half the shit they say is crap. haha
    INTPs are rational to the point that they can't help it.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    = and =

Yes, that was my point. Hence why it was not meant to be taken seriously, as I thoroughly explained, though it should have been apparent in the first place.

(And BTW, Picard = Good INTJ. )

MBTI
    INTP

Man, if you don't know whether or not you're an INTP or an INTJ-- you're probably neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    See, this lack of humor is why people don't like INTJs.
    INTJs have a sense of humor, just never when it involves anything that might put their image in question. They're really good at condescending humor though-- laughing at other people, especially stupid ones.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^So what you're saying is that even if you can get past INTJ humourlessness and hubris there are still compelling reasons to dislike them? :sad face:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Just imagine what would happen in any of the examples you mentioned, if the parties involved managed to work out a diplomatic solution instead of fighting each other.
    A box-office flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Hello,

I subscribe to this forum because I really wanted to answer, having my mind completely absorbed by the whole MBTI thing.

First of all, I'm a 24 French engineer so that I'm sorry in advance if my english is not easy to understand.
    I'm generally INTJ but I think INTP would work well depending on the instances.

I read a post from Haight at the beginning and having myself changed a lot in a matter of months and having studied/worked in many fields (I first studied fundamental mathematics then engineering and then management/business) I agree that the more relevant part of our way to behave cannot be explained by the MBTI.
    In fact, I tend to prefer the French method in psychology because it offers specific help for personnal growth with a larger view. it may be not as "spectacular" and funny (having a stereotypical character to refer to is like to have fun when discovering air signs).
    The thing is that this kind of frameworks is generally flawed.

Why ?

1) It assumes that the brain function affects not only the way we deal with ideas but also our whole behavior. This is in fact wrong because the body response to our environment, our tastes, etc. are mainly affected by our socio environment and our experiences.

2) The model itself is not compatible with the idea that INTJ and INTP are "completely different". Because the variables used are continuous as the functions describing the size of our different brain areas, it's not possible to assume that there is a discontinuity in two types that differ from almost nothing. 1%J and 1%P cannot be completely different if the model is continuous.

3) Our brain evolves with the use we make of it. And because the brain size is the same trough time, we can change the state of our thinking style. I usually choose the one who fits the best and everyone can learn several thinking methods. I studied pure mathematics for two years then engineering. The approachs are different.

4) Like with Zodiac signes and so on, the MBTI can suffer from the Barnum effect. I admit that MBTI is less stupid than the enneagram but people tend to forget that the Barnum effect can be powerful, especialy when we know that every people has other selves wich are the fantasy ones.

And I don't mention stupid things like questions relating to social life. In fact, some extrovert can be lonely because they are shy, etc. External modulators are very powerful and influence our behavior and even our thinking. Thinking is also something we can withdraw. We think by habit, generally because we had scientifc studies.

In fact, from an outside point of view, every thread I saw about MBTI an enneagram are basically intellectual masturbating. They want to put complex words on pratical processing that are two well-known scientific approaches.

The thing is that it's proven that putting ourselves is reassuring because we have a stable pillar on which we can develop. I think it's a good placebo. When I did my first test, I was very happy to be called "a strategist". The placebo was so strong (self-motivation can work like hypnosis) that I was on fire and elaborated a very complex pickup plan which worked. I was convinced to be a "really confident INTJ" so that I made crazy social things which made me very popular for two weeks.
    Or course, the placebo had an end.

Instead of wasting time to discuss crapy passive things, you should be more specific about yourselves. Many personnal flaws can be understood better by using the tryptic : self-esteem + self-confidence + self-assertivness. It can be trained very fast and this kind of austere litterature is probably less funny than MBTI and other caricatural stuff but it is far more serious and efficient for self-development.
    Think about what external or internal factors are making you frustrated and you will develop more. The French writer Balzac said that our identity is a series of pictures that evolve. It's true. Think about what you want to become or what you want to do, act in real life and step by step you will change.

Every people is different and I'm pretty sure everyone experienced at least 3 types of the MBTI one day or another.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None

INTPs are more pure rational in their decision making (if they even make one), and INTJs are able to use their Fi to make decisions.
    Could be wrong, though.