User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    You are playing with semantics and attempting to have it both ways. If it's "yes" . . . then it's yes.
    I'm not playing semantics, it's a common assumption when considering typology and happens to be what I think. I think that people have a natural way of thinking, behaving and acting that they find most comfortable, and that certain pressures i.e. work, school or just general peer-pressure tend to force us to consider ways of thinking or behaving that don't come naturally. Doesn't mean we can't act that way or we will never be good at that sort of thinking, it's quite the contrary. Whether it's hard to pinpoint that natural behaviour would depend on the individual, and is ultimately up to the individual during their process of self-discovery.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Whether it's hard to pinpoint that natural behaviour would depend on the individual, and is ultimately up to the individual during their process of self-discovery.
    Among other things, I don't think you understand the developmental process as it relates to childhood. We do not have the choices that you are assuming we do.

As is the case with your answer to my post, you are trying to create a simple answer to a complex issue while sweeping all the variables under the rug.

Let me ask you a question. If we were to give an average percentage to what portion of our personalities are developed via nurture versus that which is innate - ie., "Natural" - what numbers would you come up with?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP

my 2ps worth... J nor P is dominated by one brain type... I'm very creative, and a P type but I use my left brain a lot... so I doubt I spend most of my time in left brain mode....

Misty, the INTJ's not being playful is a misquote... I said their jokes weren't funny, which was translated into not playful... they are playful.... just sulk at jokes.

I'd say INTP = are cuddlier in some ways and INTJ are more contrained....

Among other things, I don't think you understand the developmental process as it relates to childhood. We do not have the choices that you are assuming we do.
    What choices am I assuming?

Let me ask you a question. If we were to give an average percentage to what portion of our personalities are developed via nurture versus that which is innate - ie., "Natural" - what numbers would you come up with?
    I couldn't even being to presume.

If you're trying to prove something, could you do it constructively? You just seem to be just making a lot of assumptions about me and then sniping at what I write without offering anything of value.

MBTI
    INTj

How old are you?
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

(...) If you're trying to prove something, could you do it in a constructive way? You just seem to be sniping at what I write without offering anything of value.
    My thoughts when reading this: Haight has issues with his type; he is INTP but wants to be INTJ. Your OP is therefore uncomfortable for him.

On-topic: INTJs get personal in discussions; INTPs don't.

Edit: ... And then I saw the post before this one. Nice try, Haight!

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    On-topic: INTJs get personal in discussions; INTPs don't.
    Once again, your observations are wrong.
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

Once again, your observations are wrong.
    I can't tell; is this one of those times where you enjoy my disagreement?

How old are you?
    I'd rather not keep feeding your assumptions, not until you actually enter into the debate and offer something of value, instead of sniping from the back row. Get to the point and explain whatever it is you're trying to explain, instead of just trying to prove how wrong I am. I'm here to learn, not defend my absolute unchangeable theory of everything.

MBTI
    INTj

I'd rather not keep feeding your assumptions, not until you actually enter into the debate and offer something of value, instead of sniping from the back row. Get to the point and explain whatever it is you're trying to explain, instead of just trying to prove how wrong I am. I'm here to learn, not defend my absolute unchangeable theory of everything.
    I already explained. Please re-read my position.

This is simple. You made a claim. I refuted your claim. And now you are dodging my observations and questions by ignoring what I wrote. Which is fine of course, but that's not how to learn.
    Haight