User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I would want to see a lot of really strong evidence before jumping to any conclusion about one type suffering from more complexes than any other.
    There is not even any strong evidence that these types exist, so you may be asking for too much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    There is not even any strong evidence that these types exist, so you may be asking for too much there.
    INFIDEL! How dare you question the existence of the sacred types?!

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    INFIDEL! How dare you question the existence of the sacred types?!
    I'll douse myself in petrol, you go get the firewood! :P

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I would want to see a lot of really strong evidence before jumping to any conclusion about one type suffering from more complexes than any other.

Inferior Se in INTJs, not to mention suppressed/rejected tertiary Fi, can cause all kinds of issues too.

Every type can suffer from this shit, and I highly doubt anybody actually knows the varying extents (if they even are varying) to which they do.
    complex isnt something that people necessarily suffer from, word complex doesent imply to anything negative or positive, but is neutral in that regard:

after watching the video, try not to go all defensive about it again and read my original post again
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

True, but the repeated soft evidence I have seen is enough to convince me that there is at least some degree of truth to the types.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    complex isnt something that people necessarily suffer from, word complex doesent imply to anything negative or positive, but is neutral in that regard:
    Nor did what I say imply that people had to suffer from them (although I did consider changing my wording on that, to respect the various ways in which complexes can be experienced [but decided against]).

after watching the video, try not to go all defensive about it again and read my original post again
    Thanks for including, but my original point stands.

You made a claim that certain types function based on complexes more or less than others, and you have no evidence to support this claim.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think IxTPs are more defined by their complexes because they have inferior Fe, so it can come to be their shadow, an externalised trauma guiding their motions which they identify as an external agent bombarding them.

The INTJ is more liekly to be aware of their Fi, allowing them to integrate and control it.
    So you attribute complexes to a person's F function, whichever it is, and wherever it falls in their functional order?

A useful video (thanks!), but just the tip of the iceberg. There are many topics within psychology about which I know little, and this is one. Just based on the video, I can see where complexes would form a more significant part of the INTJ perspective than the INTP based on how Ni/Fi operate. The degree to which they produce bias would depend significantly on how proficient the INTJ is with using Te/Se to conduct objective analysis and fact-checking. Would INTP complexes, then, be based more on Ti/Si?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm not trying to derail this thread, but I just feel I need to clarify that neither social awkwardness nor being an introverted NT equal Asperger's. People are perfectly capable of being socially awkward, as well as an introverted NT, without being autistic.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.
    Of course!

But on these two fora, you have lot of cases of genuine Asperger's, and interacting with them can be difficult, if not frightening sometimes. Here on typo-c, most INTx are considerably healthier (although you have a few exception: see Zara for instance), and this is likely due to a wider array of social interaction, and a genuine desire to understand others.

-----

Seriously.

One of the most obvious difference I noted when I interacted with the two types was CONTROL, and how and where this control is directed. INTP seem more interested to control themselves, to shape their ego from inside, while INTJ seem more obsessed with the desire to control or to impress others.

When they try to brag (a classic immature -and irrational- behaviour), the hellish imps of INTP-c will frequently compare their type to Einstein or Newton and discuss about it, while the insane robots of the INTJ-forum will instantly display their so-called huge scores on IQ-test. Do you see the difference?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Of course!

But on these two fora, you have lot of cases of genuine Asperger's, and interacting with them can be difficult, if not frightening sometimes. Here on typo-c, most INTx are considerably healthier (although you have a few exception: see Zara for instance), and this is likely due to a wider array of social interaction, and a genuine desire to understand others.

-----

Seriously.

One of the most obvious difference I noted when I interacted with the two types was CONTROL, and how and where this control is directed. INTP seem more interested to control themselves, to shape their ego from inside, while INTJ seem more obsessed with the desire to control or to impress others.

When they try to brag (a classic immature -and irrational- behaviour), the hellish imps of INTP-c will frequently compare their type to Einstein or Newton and discuss about it, while the insane robots of the INTJ-forum will instantly display their so-called huge scores on IQ-test. Do you see the difference?
    I think on this forum, we have more genuine discussion than on INTPc. The greater diversity of types helps here, I suppose, as does the more involved moderation (I suspect these two things are related).

The other forum is better for Ne-style humor.

So essentially, you're saying that INTPs are more about impressing themselves?

Sometimes it seems like immature INTPs make a big deal out of how little fucks they gave. They wear "apathy" like a badge of pride.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    When they try to brag (a classic immature -and irrational- behaviour), the hellish imps of INTP-c will frequently compare their type to Einstein or Newton and discuss about it,
    Why Isaac Newton is INTJ (and a Narcissist)

In short, he was way too much of an esoterically inclined and compulsive freak to not be an Ni dom or to not be a J. He was also much more of a 'prophet' or 'visionary' than an analyst. See Isaac Newton's occult studies for reference. INTPs as far as I know are way too rational to get lost in this kind of arcane maze of crazy cosmologies. The cause-and-effect theory developed by Newton is also based on dynamics and continual transformations, whereas Einstein's theory in constrast is all about comparing things to static frames of reference; this means that gravity is a very NiTe thing to invent, and relativity is a very TiNe thing to create.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Why Isaac Newton is INTJ (and a Narcissist)

In short, he was way too much of an esoterically inclined and compulsive freak to not be an Ni dom or to not be a J. He was also much more of a 'prophet' or 'visionary' than an analyst. See Isaac Newton's occult studies for reference. INTPs as far as I know are way too rational to get lost in this kind of arcane maze of crazy cosmologies. The cause-and-effect theory developed by Newton is also based on dynamics and continual transformations, whereas Einstein's theory in constrast is all about comparing things to static frames of reference; this means that gravity is a very NiTe thing to invent, and relativity is a very TiNe thing to create.
    Either way, it still doesn't make any sense at all. Typing dead people is a pointless and futile task.

Are you aware that MBTI deals first and foremost with real-life social interaction? Have you met Isaac Newton and chat with him recently?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI