First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Based on the mindframes stuff, T is front left, S is back left, N is front right, F is back left.

I'm not sure why you think what I quoted is a misrepresentation, nor why it's contrary to common sense -- mind explaining?
    The left brain is analytical. Se is anything but analytical. It just does what "seems right" at any given moment. All right-brained functions are like that. Ti is like that. Ne is like that. Ni is not like that. I think most of the sources that say "sensing and thinking are left brained, intuiting and feeling are right brained" are oversimplifying things. If both hemispheres could not think, feel, sense, and intuit, the brain would be very dysfunctional. You would not be able to sense and feel at the same time, or use intuitive thinking. There's just not enough communication between left and right to allow that.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

You are an INTP I actually find very sensible and easy to talk with... I wonder why...
    Well, I'm studying to become a research scientist so I have developed a lot of Te principles and mindsets through my studies, especially in regards to evaluating information I see.

Maybe that's why.

ReflecTcelfeR

Sorry bud, but you need to go back to the drawing board with that one...
    My reasoning behind it was essentially that all perception functions holistically look at an object; it's the judgement functions that begin to focus on the parts. By this alone I have set all four functions within the right-hemisphere, which in a way makes sense, because the functions themselves are solely based on sight.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Well, I'm studying to become a research scientist so I have developed a lot of Te principles and mindsets through my studies, especially in regards to evaluating information I see.

Maybe that's why.
    That's much in line with uumlau's theories.

Likewise, I have developed my Ti rather well from studying philosophy.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    My reasoning behind it was essentially that all perception functions holistically look at an object, it's the judgement functions that begin to focus on the parts. By this alone I have set all four functions;within the right-hemisphere, which in a way makes sense, because the functions themselves are solely based on sight.
    I think a better way of looking at it would be that left brain is "objective" (T,S), while the right brain is "subjective" (N,F).

ReflecTcelfeR

'i' and 'e' determine the subjectivity of a function don't they, or this is at least one theory I'm sure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    'i' and 'e' determine the subjectivity of a function don't they, or this is at least one theory I'm sure.
    Yes, because they don't see the "object." They only see information that the extraverted function has passed on about the object, making them subjective.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

That's much in line with uumlau's theories.

Likewise, I have developed my Ti rather well from studying philosophy.

Also I'm not a self-absorbed prick. Like some INTPs. Or at least I'd like to think so.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    INTJ vs INTP: A Guide
    Last Updated: 11/1/2009

on the surface

INTPs and INTJs often share common characteristics in type descriptions: an interest in systematic thinking, forward-thinking, social awkwardness, physical clumsiness etc. This often makes it hard to really tell the difference between the two types, and can be especially confusing for newcomers to the MBTI system. Therefore I've decided to write this little guide to see if I could help people make their minds up about which type they really are (as well as convince myself that yes, I know what I'm talking about). Piss and moan below if I'm wrong.

in a nutshell

INTP
    "I think, therefore I am."
    -- Rene Decartes

INTPs are thinkers, first and foremost. They impersonally analyse their current situation instinctually, able to dissect what they perceive into its separate variables. This knack for impersonal analysis makes them natural learners and these types often pursue esoteric interests purely for the sake of discovery. INTPs often find themselves joining social groups (online or not) that are geared towards these individual pursuits, where ideas can be freely bounced around in a group discussion in order to attain a greater, mutual understanding. For the INTP, mutual and individual understanding of How Everything Works is an end unto itself.

INTJs
    �I reject your reality and substitute it for my own.�
    -- Adam Savage

INTJs are decisive, creative planners who love to turn bizarre ideas into plans of action. These are the left-brain thinkers who might find the directionless, armchair discussions of an INTP almost insufferable. INTJs have a much more pragmatic view of the world, one that is driven by their internal intuition. Where an INTP's ideas might come from what reality presents them moment-to-moment, an INTJs intuition is more mysterious and out of their control. This leads some practitioners to playfully stereotype INTJs as having bizaare psychic or premonitionary powers, of which they have no control of and have no recourse but to act as vessels thereof. It was likely an INTJ who first conceived of things like the wheel, or the internal combustion engine. For the INTJ, reality is dictated by premonition.
    Perhaps it is better said that Ni is in fact right-brained and will take a creative stance towards what it is solving, but more biased to what they decide to actually try to solve (Te). Where as Ti will use a construct that already exists to attack different problems (Ne). Both alter to the object, but one takes an immediate turn to the left-field when solving and the other will turn to the left field when deciding what to solve.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    In a way, your quip about INTJ's creating boxes is quite correct. In every particular instance under discussion, there is a "box", a context. The way INTJs typically speak and communicate, it sounds like they're in a particular box and incapable of venturing much beyond it.

Underneath, though, the INTJ Ni is creating and swapping and moving boxes all over the place. Others won't notice this for a while, until something is said in a completely new context that couldn't possibly contain the ideas that were being discussed just a moment ago. While Ne is rather extroverted about being outside the box, pointing at that box over there and showing how one isn't inside it; Ni is introverted about it, bending mental space and time such that the old box has been sent to a conceptual elsewhere, and a new one has appeared in its place.
    I'm curious . . . I've noticed that I tend to black/white things when I learn about them. Learning about parenting, for example, I might simplify to the point of "A is all bad, and B is all good," and then use that as a starting point from which to categorize different parenting practices. Only later, when I have them all categorized, do I start to take them out and re-assess with a less black and white perspective. I always start with an all or nothing attitude, and then adjust later. Or I take on labels in a serious way (labels such as, for example, radically politically liberal), then as soon as that begins to feel comfortable, I start deliberately shedding it as I re-assess and refine what I had rejected before since it didn't fit the label.

Am I creating INTJ boxes? Is that what you mean when you talk about boxes? (Or am I just weird?)