User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'm not sure I can accept your story on the basis that it involves an INTP having a girlfriend.
    I tell you something else. When I first heard about MBTI and started to type myself I had quite a difficulty figuring out if I was an INTP or an ENTP. While definitely not all the time I do have a strong need to be around other people a lot of the time. Doesn't really matter who, where or what, but half a day is about the longest time I can go for without feeling lonely. On the other hand I do very much need my own space. I need peace and quiet to organize my thoughts and come up with grand theories of live. Even when I'm thinking I sometimes don't really mind people in the room. I often go for walks down-town through the crowds just to get my thoughts organised.

The main reason I'd say I'm an Introvert instead of an extrovert is because it comes out of all my tests, and the fact that my Ti is definitely my primary function. I see myself as a INTP with a relatively large amount of Fe, maybe even more than Si. I don't know if there's a theory on it already, but self-examinating I reckon my cognitive functions would be Ti>Ne>Fe>Si

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I was never a big fan of breaking emotions down into the chemical reactions that create and sustain them. In my observation, the end result is always rationalizing away the "positive" emotions as well as the "negative" ones. Reductionism of the self, while a perfectly valid approach, can be self-defeating. While I can agree with viewing this whole scenario as a series of cause and effect, I wouldn't place focus on the "physical" side of it.
    I didn't until recently. Somebody once made a thread I believe was called "How to loose your mind". The article posted in there tried to learn people to observe their emotions rather then participate blindly. If you observe them first you still have the choice of participating afterwards. I already did this before I read the article, but it did get me thinking that this was a genuine theory that could be evolved into a skill to learn. Later, when I was actually looking up how XTC works it dawned me that XTC is a chemical bliss, but not only the drug is chemical, it causes a chemical proses in the brain that IS the happy emotion. Taking drugs is not faking an emotion, it is a stimulus to actually be happy. The neurotransmitters are the one and only cause of the feeling. After realizing this my Ti kicked in again and I started thinking about the implications of this finding, including the one you read here.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z
    I was never a big fan of breaking emotions down into the chemical reactions that create and sustain them. In my observation, the end result is always rationalizing away the "positive" emotions as well as the "negative" ones. Reductionism of the self, while a perfectly valid approach, can be self-defeating. While I can agree with viewing this whole scenario as a series of cause and effect, I wouldn't place focus on the "physical" side of it.
    Basically, this.

There is a point between biology/logic and emotional recklessness that proves happiness for many people.

Besides, the beautiful thing about Ne is that you never know what might be in store for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I tell you something else. When I first heard about MBTI and started to type myself I had quite a difficulty figuring out if I was an INTP or an ENTP. While definitely not all the time I do have a strong need to be around other people a lot of the time. Doesn't really matter who, where or what, but half a day is about the longest time I can go for without feeling lonely. On the other hand I do very much need my own space. I need peace and quiet to organize my thoughts and come up with grand theories of live. Even when I'm thinking I sometimes don't really mind people in the room. I often go for walks down-town through the crowds just to get my thoughts organised.

The main reason I'd say I'm an Introvert instead of an extrovert is because it comes out of all my tests, and the fact that my Ti is definitely my primary function. I see myself as a INTP with a relatively large amount of Fe, maybe even more than Si. I don't know if there's a theory on it already, but self-examinating I reckon my cognitive functions would be Ti>Se>Fe>Si

I didn't until recently. Somebody once made a thread I believe was called "How to loose your mind". The article posted in there tried to learn people to observe their emotions rather then participate blindly. If you observe them first you still have the choice of participating afterwards. I already did this before I read the article, but it did get me thinking that this was a genuine theory that could be evolved into a skill to learn. Later, when I was actually looking up how XTC works it dawned me that XTC is a chemical bliss, but not only the drug is chemical, it causes a chemical proses in the brain that IS the happy emotion. Taking drugs is not faking an emotion, it is a stimulus to actually be happy. The neurotransmitters are the one and only cause of the feeling. After realizing this my Ti kicked in again and I started thinking about the implications of this finding, including the one you read here.

You are absolutly right. You can't possibly be an NF.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post

Besides, the beautiful thing about Ne is that you never know what might be in store for you.
    That's not fully true, I heard real Ne masters can predict the prediction or as they would say predict the predicament
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Later, when I was actually looking up how XTC works it dawned me that XTC is a chemical bliss, but not only the drug is chemical, it causes a chemical proses in the brain that IS the happy emotion. Taking drugs is not faking an emotion, it is a stimulus to actually be happy. The neurotransmitters are the one and only cause of the feeling. After realizing this my Ti kicked in again and I started thinking about the implications of this finding, including the one you read here.
    I think that drug altered mind can tell really much how the mind works.

I think cannabis and psychedelics are great tool for learning your mind, because you can look at different functions apart from each other. Personally i think cannabis is better tool for me on this, because i know how it works on me really well, i enjoy doing it and its not so strong that i couldnt think straight under the influence. It allows me to view world from different perspective, because i am able to use functions differently when stoned. It kinda evens out the energy that im using normally too much for the strongest functions, so that im able to use weaker functions better. However i see that the functions dont work the same way as they would work on me if they would have grown naturally to point that im able to use them when stoned. I think its really important to see that functions doesent work normally when using this tool, and that it is only a tool that you can use to examine how the functions work normally on deeper level. But if you dont know clearly enough how the functions work normally, and if you dont know how cannabis alteres you functions clear enough, you cant see the difference clearly enough from normal and altered state, and you cant get clear deeper understanding to the things that you try to understand.

I dont think that cannabis or psychedelics are for everyone tho. Because not everyone can handle/understand the different perspectives that you might see things from and they allso can bring suppressed feelings(or ways to react to something) to surface that you might not even be aware of. This can be too overwhelming for some people, especially if they cant undstand and recognise what they see. And if you suddenly get some really intense feeling of something bad that you cant recognise and you dont know where it is coming, you might get panic attacks and bad stuff like that. And stuff that triggers panic attacks or other bad stuff, usually comes somewhere really deep subconcious. Allso cannabis and psychedelics tend to make you feel things more stronger and can work as really big tools on self-suggesting. My theory about panic attacks coming from these substances is that you first get some feeling that you cant understand and that are negative, then you start self-suggesting yourself because you get the feelings so strongly. And i belive that it is highly possible that psychosis is extreme form of these two actions.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You are absolutly right. You can't possibly be an NF.

blegh, stupid typing errors. Fixed in original post. Now quit your whining and more constructive feedback! :steam:

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm interested in Shimmy taking a functions tests. Perhaps do one during an emotional state such as you described, and another in a more cool/rational headspace.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I'm interested in Shimmy taking a functions tests. Perhaps do one during an emotional state such as you described, and another in a more cool/rational headspace.
    I'm fairly sure results would differ greatly. For example, I reckon, at any time when I was on holiday this summer I would've scored as an extreme extrovert. To be honest, if my girlfriend had broken up before that holiday....... Some girls around Europe would be a pleasant experience richer.

MBTI
    ENTP

Later, when I was actually looking up how XTC works it dawned me that XTC is a chemical bliss, but not only the drug is chemical, it causes a chemical proses in the brain that IS the happy emotion. Taking drugs is not faking an emotion, it is a stimulus to actually be happy. The neurotransmitters are the one and only cause of the feeling. After realizing this my Ti kicked in again and I started thinking about the implications of this finding, including the one you read here.
    It's true, MDMA causes the release of extra serotonin. But this isn't going to be true of all drugs. Psilocybin and LSD mimic serotonin, but don't necessarily release it.

The emotions you can feel on drugs are very real, but not always reality. You can convince yourself of anything once you step over to the other side.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

MBTI
    ENTP

I made an observation about myself yesterday which, after a bit of theorizing made me realize why I couldn't possibly be an NF.

When I have an emotion I think about why I have it.
    Sounds like me.
    Sometimes I'm not realising I'm having an emotion until I can think about it... Yesterday, I was repeating the last lesson I taught over and over in my head, trying other things to say to my imaginary students... until I realised I just felt bad about the lesson. And then my mind went berserk again, trying to come up with a lot of alternatives, never really shutting down. Only a lot later I was able to distill what went wrong and what I would do when a similar situation arises. The bad feeling didn't go away at once, of course, but I was calmed down as I knew the problem was solved and everything would be back to normal in a little while.