User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 48

  1. #21
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually, what I said is true because of how I defined intuition. I was using it as a synonym for hunch, which it IS a synonym for if you look at a thesaurus.

    In this case, I had a hunch (or vague guess) that the therapy methods I mentioned were effective. Since I haven't seen proof of it, and don't logically understand what makes it work, that counts.
    Ok have it your way, just consider yourself being told: it made me angry
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #22
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I use the same method nowadays, because it is such an effective tool. Took me a while to figure it out though
    How long have you been doing this? And what caused it?
    I've been rationalizing my emotions all my life, but only since about 2 years do I realize that I do it, and found that I can train it like any other skill. My amateur interest in neurology and neurotransmitters made it even easier for me because now I know that emotions are factually nothing else then cognitive responses originating from chemical reactions in the brain leading to a certain mental state, which in return produces new chemical reactions. The reactions I cannot control, I feel happiness, sadness, love, satisfaction and other basic feelings just as much as anybody else, but the cognitive response is pretty much fully under my control nowadays, which in return means that the reactions don't usually get me in any state of mind for a long time. Which then leads to the cycle being broken and an emotion not persisting for longer then it has to.

  3. #23
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ok have it your way, just consider yourself being told: it made me angry
    I'm sorry my choice of words made you feel angry towards me, then. I wasn't aware of having said anything offensive.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    In fact, last week I made a thread in the bonfire mentioning that I was being bored and asking for advice. I was bored, but there was more going on. At the time I was feeling understandably bad. The reactions of my breakup were going on in my brain, and as mentioned earlier, until these reactions stop and my brain is in it's natural state again I feel things just the same way as anybody else. So I felt horrible. Hated to be on my own at that time. Couldn't enjoy anything that didn't basically indulged my senses. I partied a lot last week and drank waaay to much. Now however, the initial reaction is gone. I'm also no longer bitter about the break up. I still miss the girl and think about her a lot, but that's what it is. Thinking... I'm thinking, "What are the pro's and con's of staying friends with her?" "What is the best attitude to have towards her in the future (since I will most certainly see her again at parties and while going out as we tend to have very much a similar taste for those things)." And the more troubling thoughts are things I can't know from within "Is she currently feeling al right?" "She's an ESFP with a tremendous F, and a tendency to be overwhelmed by her emotions. If I contact her sometimes how will it emotionally affect her?"

  5. #25
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This doesn't prove you couldn't be an NF, though. It just proves that you're very self-critical about your emotional states.
    Yea but hes being critical from analytical and objective perspective and thats something that Ti does if its placed over Fi. If he would be nf, he wouldt have Ti analyzing like that, or atleast not that easilly and he wouldnt trust this kind of analysis that much.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #26
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Things I learned from this relationship in particular.

    1. I need an extroverted girl to draw me out of my shell and get me to do fun things.
    2. Theories are NOT value judgements. If I say something you think is bad, I don't see it that way.
    3. I really like feelers and the emotional joy and happiness they can have. But you have to understand that I don't work that way. Don't hold back on my account. I'll put my own feelings into perspective.
    4. A girl must be unassuming. I'm a straightforward guy. If I say something, I have thought about it and I mean it. If you assume a different meaning then what I actually said, you are wrong. On the same time I'll be thinking about all the possible meanings of your words myself, before settling with the fact that the most likely interpretation is just the literal words you used.

    Basically this makes me seemed like I'm biased towards ENTX's, but that's not really true, I prefer ENXP's really. It's just that this particular girl was an ESFP with a huge F, which made for quite an emotional rollercoaster for the both of us. Both for the better and the worst.

    And yeah, INTP, I think you're right. The fact that I analysed all of my behaviours consciously is the reason why I stated that I'm not an NF.

  7. #27
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yea but hes being critical from analytical and objective perspective and thats something that Ti does if its placed over Fi. If he would be nf, he wouldt have Ti analyzing like that, or atleast not that easilly and he wouldnt trust this kind of analysis that much.

    Not taking a stance on Shimmy yet, but yes, +1 on this.
    How the function gets used and in what context helps as a type identifier.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #28
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    I dunno what you call it, but I do the same. I experience the feelings, after the rush has passed, I'll go through them, analyze them and file them (Te?), so I can make an informed decision on how to take action.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #29
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    I'm not sure I can accept your story on the basis that it involves an INTP having a girlfriend.

    I was never a big fan of breaking emotions down into the chemical reactions that create and sustain them. In my observation, the end result is always rationalizing away the "positive" emotions as well as the "negative" ones. Reductionism of the self, while a perfectly valid approach, can be self-defeating. While I can agree with viewing this whole scenario as a series of cause and effect, I wouldn't place focus on the "physical" side of it.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  10. #30
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'm not sure I can accept your story on the basis that it involves an INTP having a girlfriend.

    I was never a big fan of breaking emotions down into the chemical reactions that create and sustain them. In my observation, the end result is always rationalizing away the "positive" emotions as well as the "negative" ones. Reductionism of the self, while a perfectly valid approach, can be self-defeating. While I can agree with viewing this whole scenario as a series of cause and effect, I wouldn't place focus on the "physical" side of it.
    I think it's ok, if it helps someone to deal with negative emotions. It just has to stay within a healthy limit for oneself, cause repressed emotions will come back. A friend of mine went into skydiving after his longtime girl cheated on him and jumps on official contests now, lol. That's about the most funny way of dealing with shit I ever heard
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible to be an "XXXX"?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 09:21 PM
  2. [MBTItm] If you had to be an NF, which type would you be
    By Evan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:46 AM
  3. [NT] Is it possible to be an INTP that has ENTP tendencies?
    By Optimus Prime in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
  4. [NF] What do you like about being an NF ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
  5. Is it possible to be an INFJ with INTP tendencies?
    By aic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO