User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

lol, you guys crack me up. But keep it coming I am hitting the 7,000 slowly and steady
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Regarding the gf issue tho, what would be the most important thing here: I had after a 2 year break of a 4 year long relationship still emotional flashbacks, when entering certain frames of mind, stimulated by something I saw or smelled.

It's ridicioulus how well the bodily hormone system remembers. It'ld be intresting to think about the impact things have subconciously on the brain, which I bet is far more heavier than the concious one.

But what to do against it ? How to ward that off ? That would be an intresting question
    You can't really stop it, it's beyond your control. But the realisation that it's merely a natural reaction you can't control, makes it very easy, at least for me, to not act on it. Then it usually passes pretty quick.

As for Athenian and antisocial one. No this isn't definitive proof, obviously even NF's, plenty of them, can control their feelings as well. What I think does make something of a difference is the fact that I just made a system around it, defined it logically and figured out what was going on. That, plus the fact that I don't even put a value judgement on my own emotions would make me the most horrible Intuitive Feeler ever.

The title indeed might indeed be a bit radical, but it gets attention, and the point across.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Nope, that's what you can get as well as an NF, I just took a different road there.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Regarding the gf issue tho, what would be the most important thing here: I had after a 2 year break of a 4 year long relationship still emotional flashbacks, when entering certain frames of mind, stimulated by something I saw or smelled.

It's ridicioulus how well the bodily hormone system remembers. It'ld be intresting to think about the impact things have subconciously on the brain, which I bet is far more heavier than the concious one.
    Very true. I conditioned myself to feel powerless for so many years growing up, that I've configured myself to suppress impulses rather than act on them. It's hard to fight my emotions and instincts in order to push myself to success.

The body and instincts remember very well, old fears, old loves, etc.
    But what to do against it ? How to ward that off ? That would be an intresting question
    Yes, I think so. This post provokes interesting thought. I'm going to have to ward something like that off, so I'll let you know.

My intuition tells me that the answer is what psychologists call exposure therapy and positive reinforcement in the case of fears, and negative conditioning when it comes to love. Quite simply, you find ways of making positive associations with things you feared before that are now beneficial, and ways of making negative, painful associations with things you once loved that are now harmful. Those are ways of making your emotions catch up to your mind, if you can find ways to effect them in your life.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Your intuition tells you ? Man those NFs do make me angry

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Your intuition tells you ? Man those NFs do make me angry
    Why does that make you angry? Does your intuition tell you nothing? Are you jealous?

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope, that's what you can get as well as an NF, I just took a different road there.
    Okay, I added a disclaimer about the title in the OP to make sure the thread will go about the content instead of the title in the future.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Why does that make you angry? Does your intuition tell you nothing? Are you jealous?
    Well you said: your intuition tells you and then talked about a therapy method you know about. The combination of the two makes you sound wise cause you used big words, but there is no logical connection between them.

That's like a politician, who talks in big words about a country that is going down the hill, with the difference, you dont used big words, you just used other words in the wrong context.

Every THC guru who has ventured beyond the planes of existance and back in his mind would be totally offended about the fact of you using the word intuition in connection with therapy methods.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well you said: your intuition tells you and then talked about a therapy method you know about. The combination of the two makes you sound wise cause you used big words, but there is no logical connection between them.

That's like a politician, who talks in big words about a country that is going down the hill, with the difference, you dont used big words, you just used other words in the wrong context.

Every THC guru who has ventured beyond the planes of existance and back in his mind would be totally offended about the fact of you using the word intuition in connection with therapy methods.
    Actually, what I said is true because of how I defined intuition. I was using it as a synonym for hunch, which it IS a synonym for if you look at a thesaurus.

In this case, I had a hunch (or vague guess) that the therapy methods I mentioned were effective. Since I haven't seen proof of it, and don't logically understand what makes it work, that counts.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

As for the content, I'd say you're using a very effective tool to navigate the flood caused by emotions. A lot of people either drown in their own emotions or run from them, or worse, both. Disarming your emotions, as you just did, is in fact ime the best way of digesting them properly. You didn't deny their existance, you acknowledged them, you saw where they came from and you were able to be amused at yourself for feeling them, given the situation, yet without judging or punishing yourself over it. You also didn't fight them, or run from them. And, you probably realized that these were not productive emotions to act on. So you didn't.

I use the same method nowadays, because it is such an effective tool. Took me a while to figure it out though
    How long have you been doing this? And what caused it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”