I have a friend who is INTJ.
I've actually been going between whether or not he's INTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, or ESTJ. For him to be an INTJ, his I would have to be very balanced and his N pretty weak. I really think he's an INTJ for some reason even though I can never be too sure.
That's Why You're Here! To Help Me!
Some characteristics of my friend that lead me to believe he's NOT an INTJ:
- likes to fit in
- always cracking a joke so that he can fit in
- appears more talkative than what I've heard of INTJs generally
Some characteristics that make me believe that he IS an INTJ:
- most of his jokes are quite clever (I enjoy most of them)
- many of his other jokes are insensitive (these are the ones I don't laugh at and I make sure to tell him why I didn't like that particular joke even though I usually get a :rolli: from him)
- he's very efficient, and he's very critical
- he doesn't realize that he's being critical. I sincerely think he means to help the person although most of the time his advice is unwarranted.
- he makes a habit out of being insensitive, especially for the sake of a joke
- he's absolutely brilliant (brilliance isn't type-related, but his is truly exceptional. ...I envy it )
- he tries to conceal the fact that he's brilliant. If I comment on how smart he is, he gets really shy and says something to the extent of "whatever. I'm no different from anyone else" when he clearly is <sigh>.
- he's introverted only because I've seen his room. It looks like a cave set up solely for him to think, read, and do work. His "bed" is literally like a cot. Who knows if he actually sleeps on that thing?
- outside of classes he hardly ever goes anywhere.
- he thinks he can take advantage of my kindness. I honestly think he sees it as a sign of weakness. He'll ask me to do something for him that he knows I won't do. I always reject him (nicely), but he keeps asking me like he doesn't care that I don't want to do it.
- (this probably isn't type-related, but here goes anyway) he has (something that I think is often mistaken for) an anger problem. When someone touches his personal belongings, he freaks. Like full-blown hissy fit. The weird part, though, is that he's completely fine after a couple of hours. He starts talking to the person like nothing ever happened. Or whenever he disagrees with one of our professors (really any authority figure over him), he gets into this weird mood where he doesn't want to talk to anyone, and he paces back and forth so as to either calm himself or reason out in his head why he's right and the instructor/authority figure is wrong--scariest thing about him. Seriously.
I hope some of this helped you get a better picture of my friend. It's really difficult to tell since he is the only INTJ I know/ever met. If he is after all an INTJ.
I should probably take this time to tell you that one of my very good friends is an INFJ, and he is, in no small exaggeration, obsessed with her. He's always complimenting her on how smart, beautiful, and perfect she is. I've silently gagged a few times during this overt display of verbal affection, but he keeps doing it like it's the most normal thing in this world. She hates it when he does it but is too nice to tell him because they were friends before he started doing this... thing. Personally, it makes me , but I'd never tell her that.
Uh I'm not sure an INTJ would do this to someone he liked?
So tell me what you think of my frieeennnd!