User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 84

  1. #51
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Okay, what you describe there sounds more INTJ, but with regard to his humor, didn't you say in the OP that you find most of his jokes to be quite clever and enjoyable?

    Edit: Has anyone asked yet whether you have considered asking him what type he is?

  2. #52
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Yeah. I'm thinking SJ now, too.
    The dream description would kind of obviously make him S, right?
    No.



    INTJs can be descriptive. Some of us are rather artsy even, and willing to recreate our internal vistas of colorful perception for you. In fact it would be very strange for an ISTJ to describe a dream to you, in my experience. My best friend is one, and I'm pretty sure she's never told me a single dream she had.

    Now that I think about he generally speaks in very exact and concrete terms and gets exasperated whenever I try to "explore" an idea. I've never really had this problem with my other SJ friends (that's probably because they're all SFJ), so maybe's he's a strong S then.
    ...I'm going to have to do some more observing.
    I may be biased, but I'd just like to say that I sometimes have issues with the way that NFs explore ideas. I mean, don't get me wrong, I lub you guys to death, but I will never forget the time my INFP friend asked me if I thought that flowers wondered whether or not they're beautiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Er... I do kind of think of the most inopportune times to talk about my ideas. This can get in the way of efficiency, and if he were an INTJ it would annoy him that I was wasting time conceptualizing instead working (!)

    INTJs please correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are quite correct


    But anyway, I just wanted to stop by and mention those points, since I feel like it would be rather faulty to type someone based on them.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  3. #53
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    No.



    INTJs can be descriptive. Some of us are rather artsy even, and willing to recreate our internal vistas of colorful perception for you. In fact it would be very strange for an ISTJ to describe a dream to you, in my experience. My best friend is one, and I'm pretty sure she's never told me a single dream she had.
    .
    the whole point is that this person couldn't describe the dream.... hence evidence of abstract thought/language ...

    I just don't get why we don't just get him to do the test..

  4. #54
    Senior Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    On the plus list... INTJ's I know don't tell jokes - or should I say their jokes are so unfunny they don't really classify.

    Nor do they try to hide being bright, nor do they reall try to fit in or be overly talkative... INTJs I know are pretty reserved unless they are in company they know veyr well and are very relaxed.
    My jokes are always funny to at least one person.

    And the reserved thing is true, unless I'm at a bar. Parties aren't really all that fun for me.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ Hey hey. I tell funny jokes. It's just nobody gets them.

    Somehow I don't think I would have a problem getting your jokes. Lol.

  6. #56
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I have a friend who is INTJ.

    I think...

    I've actually been going between whether or not he's INTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, or ESTJ. For him to be an INTJ, his I would have to be very balanced and his N pretty weak. I really think he's an INTJ for some reason even though I can never be too sure.

    That's Why You're Here! To Help Me!



    YAY.


    Some characteristics of my friend that lead me to believe he's NOT an INTJ:

    • likes to fit in
    • always cracking a joke so that he can fit in
    • appears more talkative than what I've heard of INTJs generally



    Some characteristics that make me believe that he IS an INTJ:

    • most of his jokes are quite clever (I enjoy most of them)
    • many of his other jokes are insensitive (these are the ones I don't laugh at and I make sure to tell him why I didn't like that particular joke even though I usually get a :rolli: from him)
    • he's very efficient, and he's very critical
    • he doesn't realize that he's being critical. I sincerely think he means to help the person although most of the time his advice is unwarranted.
    • he makes a habit out of being insensitive, especially for the sake of a joke
    • he's absolutely brilliant (brilliance isn't type-related, but his is truly exceptional. ...I envy it )
    • he tries to conceal the fact that he's brilliant. If I comment on how smart he is, he gets really shy and says something to the extent of "whatever. I'm no different from anyone else" when he clearly is <sigh>.
    • he's introverted only because I've seen his room. It looks like a cave set up solely for him to think, read, and do work. His "bed" is literally like a cot. Who knows if he actually sleeps on that thing?
    • outside of classes he hardly ever goes anywhere.
    • he thinks he can take advantage of my kindness. I honestly think he sees it as a sign of weakness. He'll ask me to do something for him that he knows I won't do. I always reject him (nicely), but he keeps asking me like he doesn't care that I don't want to do it.
    • (this probably isn't type-related, but here goes anyway) he has (something that I think is often mistaken for) an anger problem. When someone touches his personal belongings, he freaks. Like full-blown hissy fit. The weird part, though, is that he's completely fine after a couple of hours. He starts talking to the person like nothing ever happened. Or whenever he disagrees with one of our professors (really any authority figure over him), he gets into this weird mood where he doesn't want to talk to anyone, and he paces back and forth so as to either calm himself or reason out in his head why he's right and the instructor/authority figure is wrong--scariest thing about him. Seriously.


    I hope some of this helped you get a better picture of my friend. It's really difficult to tell since he is the only INTJ I know/ever met. If he is after all an INTJ.

    ...
    Oh!
    I should probably take this time to tell you that one of my very good friends is an INFJ, and he is, in no small exaggeration, obsessed with her. He's always complimenting her on how smart, beautiful, and perfect she is. I've silently gagged a few times during this overt display of verbal affection, but he keeps doing it like it's the most normal thing in this world. She hates it when he does it but is too nice to tell him because they were friends before he started doing this... thing. Personally, it makes me , but I'd never tell her that.
    Uh I'm not sure an INTJ would do this to someone he liked?


    So tell me what you think of my frieeennnd!

    Sounded freakishly like myself.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    I would like to add to this thread that I'm an INTJ, and very difficult to type because I happen to be a 4w5 INTJ. I do nutty things, I make a scene and act like an idiot sometimes. I'm called playful, silly and sometimes evil depending on what I'm getting into. I've even been seen as an airhead because my drive to 'be remembered' sometimes overtakes the serious minded half of me. I've never been afraid to be playful and funny. I was a class clown when I was a child... and in some ways I may have never outgrown it. I HAVE at least become more aware of why I'm acting that way and can tone it down sometimes, but its always there.

    Just sayin'
    Embrace the possibilities.

  8. #58
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Okay, what you describe there sounds more INTJ, but with regard to his humor, didn't you say in the OP that you find most of his jokes to be quite clever and enjoyable?

    Edit: Has anyone asked yet whether you have considered asking him what type he is?

    Argh! IalreadysaidthatIthinkhisjokesarefunnymostofthetime!
    NOT when they're insensitive.
    He's usually very punny.
    I like puns.
    We're a match made in pun heaven.
    But he also tells insensitive jokes. Typically when we're around other people. I don't like those onesonesonesones.

    Got it?

    I know he doesn't know anything about typology because I've already asked him and gave the "hey! you should look into it" advice. He never did.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    INTJs can be descriptive. Some of us are rather artsy even, and willing to recreate our internal vistas of colorful perception for you. In fact it would be very strange for an ISTJ to describe a dream to you, in my experience. My best friend is one, and I'm pretty sure she's never told me a single dream she had.
    Okay.
    I know.
    But the point was he focused more on how everything looked as opposed to what everything meant. But yeah. I don't think an ISTJ would talk about his dreams either.


    I may be biased, but I'd just like to say that I sometimes have issues with the way that NFs explore ideas. I mean, don't get me wrong, I lub you guys to death, but I will never forget the time my INFP friend asked me if I thought that flowers wondered whether or not they're beautiful.
    Yep.
    I get the impression that he thinks I'm ridiculous.
    Like anything I suggest is for goofy people who feel too much, and my idealism to him is.. well, stupid :rolli:. Which is weird that I get that from him since he adores the INFJ I was talking about earlier in the OP who is much more open about her idealism than I am. Anyway, I'll give an example to better illustrate what goes down between us.
    A couple years ago, I was at the library reading, and he texted me and asked what I was doing. I told him I was in the library reading. He then asked what I was reading, and I told him Achebe's Things Fall Apart. Turns out he'd "heard about that book" and went on a tangent via text (weird, I know) about how overrated the story is. According to him, though it was "acclaimed for its archetypal/universal portayal of man" (or something to that effect) it is purely regional and thus has no relevance in broad literature courses.
    I was like, "Well, dang. Did you actually read/study the book?"
    And his response?
    "Uh no, but--"
    And that was alllllll I needed to know. It annoyed the heck! out of me. He always seems either to have mislead opinions on trivial things or no opinion at all on anything political/global/big picture stuff because he "might actually start to care." Yep. He said that. wtf?


    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    the whole point is that this person couldn't describe the dream.... hence evidence of abstract thought/language ...

    I just don't get why we don't just get him to do the test..
    Uh actually he could describe the dream. He just didn't want to explore why he had it or what the meaning of the dream was.

    I'm not going to make someone take a test they think is "silly."
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 10-24-2009 at 08:41 AM.

  9. #59
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Sounded freakishly like myself.

    I love how you called yourself "absolutely brilliant."
    Aye, it takes guts.

  10. #60
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Yep.
    I get the impression that he thinks I'm ridiculous.
    Like anything I suggest is for goofy people who feel too much, and my idealism to him is.. well, stupid :rolli:. Which is weird that I get that from him since he adores the INFJ I was talking about earlier in the OP who is much more open about her idealism than I am. Anyway, I'll give an example to better illustrate what goes down between us.
    A couple years ago, I was at the library reading, and he texted me and asked what I was doing. I told him I was in the library reading. He then asked what I was reading, and I told him Achebe's Things Fall Apart. Turns out he'd "heard about that book" and went on a tangent via text (weird, I know) about how overrated the story is. According to him, though it was "acclaimed for its archetypal/universal portayal of man" (or something to that effect) it is purely regional and thus has no relevance in broad literature courses.
    I was like, "Well, dang. Did you actually read/study the book?"
    And his response?
    "Uh no, but--"
    And that was alllllll I needed to know. It annoyed the heck! out of me. He always seems either to have mislead opinions on trivial things or no opinion at all on anything political/global/big picture stuff because he "might actually start to care." Yep. He said that. wtf?
    Lol. Sounds like an ENTJ to me
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ flirting
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO