User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENXP

Default Changing personalities, the NTP way: sideways.

I have no idea how this stuff works. So, I might as well test my theories. (Oh, I'm revelling in this INTP thing...)

Earlier this year, when I first started getting into this typology stuff, I was a all around moderately expressed ENTP. The year before that, I was an INTP. The difference was during early this year I firstly began to participate in my school's debate team, which did wonders for my sense of humor, and secondly, I got a girlfriend (an INFJ who became an ENTJ, whose personality changed when mine did), which did wonders for my self esteem and my sense of adventure :p

Now, taking the test again a summer later, I'm an INTP. I had a little bit of disappointment, because I very much enjoyed having the heart of a Feynman instead of Einstein, but not accepting who you are gets nowhere and I realized that it's a lot of fun thinking without the meta of thinking if you're thinking too much. I wasn't very much an expressed extravert anyway. :p

So, with that in mind...

What if, pour example, one would be able to use antidepressants to change one's introvertedness or likewise extravertedness? If one developed a more outgoing or reserved personality by applying the right drugs. My naiive result, I figure, would that the modes of my personality would reconfigure themselves. Instead of having a primary introverted thinking and secondary extraverted intution, they would switch, which appears to do worlds of difference. That seems too easy, though... is that really how it works?

In the end a person is a person is a person and as insightful as this psychology seems to be at times, and we're all fascinatingly multifaceted and need to accept that types aren't the final say.

Maybe I just need to pick up video games again and go outside more :p It's just I sort of miss being the more laidback ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTP

from the sound of it you are at the stage where you flit between two types...

You may emerge as an ENTP in environements where you are confident and being yourself, when you are in places where you are not confident you will be INTP.....

It's just a tendancy, don't push yourself to be someone else, .... E ness isn't about being sociable (although often E people are sociable too), it's about where you like to do your thinking, so indulge in brain storming sessions and really particpate.

For what it's worth you sound perfect as a middle person between E and I - aim to get the best out of both... ENTP's annoy the hell out of people INTP annoy themselves I think...

I am migrating slowly through the years towards being more I liked

PS welcome to the board

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    from the sound of it you are at the stage where you flit between two types...

You may emerge as an ENTP in environements where you are confident and being yourself, when you are in places where you are not confident you will be INTP.....

It's just a tendancy, don't push yourself to be someone else, .... E ness isn't about being sociable (although often E people are sociable too), it's about where you like to do your thinking, so indulge in brain storming sessions and really particpate.

For what it's worth you sound perfect as a middle person between E and I - aim to get the best out of both... ENTP's annoy the hell out of people INTP annoy themselves I think...

I am migrating slowly through the years towards being more I liked

PS welcome to the board
    Oh God, you have no idea. :p I know a couple of guys who I'm pretty sure are ENTPs (with capital Es but lower case Ts (just enough to be oddly creative)), but I don't get along with at all. I've also recently gotten out a mid life crisis when I've only been through a quarter of my life, so...

I suppose you're write about the whole being in the middle, that does sound rather accurate. Thanks for the insight and the welcome.

I think the real challenge is dealing with the INTP habit of thinking but not doing... that's what I posit as being the worst for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post

I think the real challenge is dealing with the INTP habit of thinking but not doing... that's what I posit as being the worst for me.

LOL yes if you find the magic key, be sure to come back and broadcast to the INTP community, I'm sure they will all want to know what that would look like it does seem to be the down side of the type...

Good luck and I'm sure others will pitch in too, enjoy who you are and realise it takes all sorts

MBTI
    SEXY

You shouldn't want to be another type, if you don't like parts of who you are, change that, design your own life. But trying to become another type will not fill you with haziness.

it does seem to be the down side of the type..
    My god. Yes, it is a horrible thing.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Now, taking the test again a summer later, I'm an INTP. I had a little bit of disappointment, because I very much enjoyed having the heart of a Feynman instead of Einstein, but not accepting who you are gets nowhere and I realized that it's a lot of fun thinking without the meta of thinking if you're thinking too much. I wasn't very much an expressed extravert anyway. :p
    Tests are crap. Online tests are very limited and it's possible to have different or inaccurate results between tests and depending on your moods. Don't take these literally.

Read up on the functions (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si, etc), what they mean and how they're ordered in different types. I see the tests as more of a guide to peg you within one of the 4 broader categories and it's up to one's self to narrow it down from there.

ENTPs are also, apparently, the most introverted of the extraverts.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Sounds to me like you havent taken sides yet in life

Some even never do
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Suspect you are either an xNTP or you are an INTP chameleon (look via Typo C search for INTP Chameleon). I have an alternative persona who is an ESTP when I go clubbing. Itís a great creative outlet/exercise to do things I never would otherwise do. However it drains and I have come to terms with my INTPness. If I did not, I sense there would be inner hell to pay. Consider this, become who you are not who you wanna be to get inner harmony. After this embrace your chameleon abilities as a tool. Then and only then your INTP self will help you get what you want via alternative route.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    xxxx

ENTP's annoy the hell out of people INTP annoy themselves I think...
    If such is true, then I'm an extreme E.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^ we get under others skins and then they take it out on other people (preferably innocent bystanders). Flying under the radar...bzzzzzz
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"