User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Riddles!

  1. #11
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    How do you even know it's a pure logic problem? How were you able to make that assumption? Presumably because you have seen the problem before. It was stated as being a riddle.
    Actually, if you read my first post, you will find that it's called "Einstein's Riddle", yet I only referred to it as a "logic puzzle".

    Though there is one fatal flaw to this story: it was never declared that the unknown pet in the last deduction is a fish!

    Nonetheless, these are logic puzzles, and none should have trick answers, or unwarranted assumptions. Has no one done these before? Here's another classic:

    A farmer has a fox, goose and a bag of grain, and one boat to cross a stream, which is only big enough to take one of the three across with him at a time. If left alone together, the fox would eat the goose and the goose would eat the grain. How can the farmer get all three across the stream?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  2. #12
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    A farmer has a fox, goose and a bag of grain, and one boat to cross a stream, which is only big enough to take one of the three across with him at a time. If left alone together, the fox would eat the goose and the goose would eat the grain. How can the farmer get all three across the stream?
    got correct answer but errased
    Last edited by Vizconde; 10-18-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: to white out answers
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  3. #13
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Here is one I have two American coins in my hand that equal 35 cents and one of them is not a quarter. What are they?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  4. #14
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Hey hey, hide your answers please.

    Answer to yours: one is not a quarter, it's a dime. the other IS a quarter. tricky semantics, otherwise there's no answer

    Here's a word riddle, if the crowd so pleases:

    My feet are two, or three, or four.
    I may move, but not on my own power.
    My engine is heavier than me.
    In some areas I am barely seen,
    in some areas there are more of me,
    than there are engines for me.

    What am I?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  5. #15
    Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Here is one I have two American coins in my hand that equal 35 cents and one of them is not a quarter. What are they?

    Quarter and a dime.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

  6. #16
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Hey hey, hide your answers please.
    Ok, sorry
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  7. #17
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    I hate riddles, because usually there's only one right answer. Well done Mr Clever-Pants, you successfully obfuscated your point. >.>

  8. #18
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlb57uzn1zE"]xD[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #19
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default



    STOP THESE MAD GAMES RIDDLER!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  10. #20
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post


    STOP THESE MAD GAMES RIDDLER!


    Okay, how about we try to crack some ciphers?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Similar Threads

  1. HEY GAIS - I HAVE AN MBTI RIDDLE FOR YOU
    By Little_Sticks in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 05:44 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Riddles
    By wolfy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
  4. I have a riddle for you
    By 527468 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 01:32 AM
  5. [NT] Riddles!
    By Mycroft in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO