User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 34

  1. #1
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default NT's do you think like this?

    Sometime ago i was thinking the way i think and i came to this solution. About week ago i was hanging out with my entp and infp friends at the entps apartment and saw a note that had this drawn on it. Hes designing something thats using the same process(not telling what), i asked if this is the way he thinks, he sayed yes. I showed it to my infp friend and asked if he thinks like this and he was like wtf no . Maybe its nt, ntp or Ti thing or maybe most nt(p)'s dont know that they think like this, but im intrested to hear.

    Tell me if you think like this, im intrested to know.

    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #2
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Where is the start? I suppose you mean the lower "root" to be the start, and the upper nodes to be the follow through of the thinking process. I ask because mine is switched upside down, that is, I start from the upper nodes and try to find a synthesys until I arrive to a single "truth".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  3. #3
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Where is the start? I suppose you mean the lower "root" to be the start, and the upper nodes to be the follow through of the thinking process. I ask because mine is switched upside down, that is, I start from the upper nodes and try to find a synthesys until I arrive to a single "truth".
    Heh you got it right

    I start from upper nods, but somehow i see the process starting from up.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #4
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Some people say that this is how Ne "thinks".

    But I somewhat disagree since Ni is doing the same thing with "possible outcomes".
    (if we simplify)

  5. #5
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Heh you got it right

    I start from upper nods, but somehow i see the process starting from up.
    Is there any particular reason for this ?
    Or this is just how "things" are for you ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Is there any particular reason for this ?
    Or this is just how "things" are for you ?
    Dunno, maybe its Ne + Ti that thinks like this and Ti dom thinks this other way around or then its just my thing.

    But is this seriously some known thinking pattern? If so i feel pretty damn proud of myself for figuring this out all by myself
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #7
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Actually, in socionics there are 4 different thinking styles, for different types (unrelated to SF, NT, etc). If any of you want to know, I can post the article, but since I know that socionics isn't well-received on here, I'll do it only if you want.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  8. #8
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Actually, in socionics there are 4 different thinking styles, for different types (unrelated to SF, NT, etc). If any of you want to know, I can post the article, but since I know that socionics isn't well-received on here, I'll do it only if you want.
    Would be nice if you would post it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #9
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Dunno, maybe its Ne + Ti that thinks like this and Ti dom thinks this other way around or then its just my thing.

    But is this seriously some known thinking pattern? If so i feel pretty damn proud of myself for figuring this out all by myself
    Well there was a thread about this.
    However I think that this represents Ne fairly well.



    But I must point out that I am a little bit skeptical about entire Ne - Ni thing. I think there is just one N that can be used on various ways.

  10. #10
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    I'd say no from my perspective... my thinking is much more cloudy then linear like that .... I don't tend to route though... I tend to free fall ....

    think more water..... I think ENFP's do exactly the same thing...

    I guess some NT's are more structured in their approach...

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] what do you think of this invention?
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM
  2. What do you think about this guy?
    By Wiley45 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
  3. [INTJ] INTJs which NT type do you least like?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 07:31 AM
  4. [INFJ] infjs, what do you think of this? - from an entp
    By velocity in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO