• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's do you think like this?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sometime ago i was thinking the way i think and i came to this solution. About week ago i was hanging out with my entp and infp friends at the entps apartment and saw a note that had this drawn on it. Hes designing something thats using the same process(not telling what), i asked if this is the way he thinks, he sayed yes. I showed it to my infp friend and asked if he thinks like this and he was like wtf no :D . Maybe its nt, ntp or Ti thing or maybe most nt(p)'s dont know that they think like this, but im intrested to hear.

Tell me if you think like this, im intrested to know.

77054050.jpg

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Where is the start? I suppose you mean the lower "root" to be the start, and the upper nodes to be the follow through of the thinking process. I ask because mine is switched upside down, that is, I start from the upper nodes and try to find a synthesys until I arrive to a single "truth".

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Where is the start? I suppose you mean the lower "root" to be the start, and the upper nodes to be the follow through of the thinking process. I ask because mine is switched upside down, that is, I start from the upper nodes and try to find a synthesys until I arrive to a single "truth".

Heh you got it right :yes:

I start from upper nods, but somehow i see the process starting from up.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Some people say that this is how Ne "thinks".

But I somewhat disagree since Ni is doing the same thing with "possible outcomes".
(if we simplify)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is there any particular reason for this ?
Or this is just how "things" are for you ?

Dunno, maybe its Ne + Ti that thinks like this and Ti dom thinks this other way around or then its just my thing.

But is this seriously some known thinking pattern? If so i feel pretty damn proud of myself for figuring this out all by myself

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, in socionics there are 4 different thinking styles, for different types (unrelated to SF, NT, etc). If any of you want to know, I can post the article, but since I know that socionics isn't well-received on here, I'll do it only if you want.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, in socionics there are 4 different thinking styles, for different types (unrelated to SF, NT, etc). If any of you want to know, I can post the article, but since I know that socionics isn't well-received on here, I'll do it only if you want.

Would be nice if you would post it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Dunno, maybe its Ne + Ti that thinks like this and Ti dom thinks this other way around or then its just my thing.

But is this seriously some known thinking pattern? If so i feel pretty damn proud of myself for figuring this out all by myself

Well there was a thread about this.
However I think that this represents Ne fairly well.

But I must point out that I am a little bit skeptical about entire Ne - Ni thing. I think there is just one N that can be used on various ways.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd say no from my perspective... my thinking is much more cloudy then linear like that .... I don't tend to route though... I tend to free fall ....

think more water..... I think ENFP's do exactly the same thing...

I guess some NT's are more structured in their approach...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, I very much think like this. Often when I take notes or try to explain things to people, I actually write my thought process out just like this (though I usually put little arrow tips at the end).

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say no from my perspective... my thinking is much more cloudy then linear like that .... I don't tend to route though... I tend to free fall ....

think more water..... I think ENFP's do exactly the same thing...

I guess some NT's are more structured in their approach...

I agree here. I tend to not think in a linear fashion.

Hey FDG, you should post that article. I like socionics!:)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I don't think my thought process narrows down like that. Everything doesn't lead towards one central idea. Things can branch out. Thoughts aren't all destined for one point. The "flow" of my ideas aren't limited to one direction.

In my case, a more accurate model would be a web. The web has no true center. An approach may have an temporal and arbitrary center, but it's just a point in the continuum of ideas. I'd also make this web 3-dimensional. There are concepts that are interwoven in each level, but each level uses these concepts differently.

I'm something of a linear thinker, but my thinking isn't defined by the "narrowing down" approach.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think my thought process narrows down like that. Everything doesn't lead towards one central idea. Things can branch out. Thoughts aren't all destined for one point. The "flow" of my ideas aren't limited to one direction.

In my case, a more accurate model would be a web. The web has no true center. An approach may have an temporal and arbitrary center, but it's just a point in the continuum of ideas. I'd also make this web 3-dimensional. There are concepts that are interwoven in each level, but each level uses these concepts differently.

I'm something of a linear thinker, but my thinking isn't defined by the "narrowing down" approach.

That one point where the branches ends is just the ansver for one question. If you dont end up to one point in thinking process, how do you find the right ansver for the question?

If you would try to figure out a person for example, i could see a web, with this kind of branches sticking out of it.

When using info that you arent sure about, you could combine some of the branches with hypotethical lines to make web like thing.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
That one point where the branches ends is just the ansver for one question. If you dont end up to one point in thinking process, how do you find the right ansver for the question?

If you would try to figure out a person for example, i could see a web, with this kind of branches sticking out of it.

When using info that you arent sure about, you could combine some of the branches with hypotethical lines to make web like thing.

I still prefer my own model. I think it captures the essence of "When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good" moreso than the one in the OP.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

you mean for finally understanding what ne+ti means? :huh:

yay you.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I still prefer my own model. I think it captures the essence of "When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good" moreso than the one in the OP.

Before you form eny branches you look out enything at all, if you dont allready have some facts about the thing you are trying to figure out. Branch forms when something that might be true is thought over so well that it can be coinsidered as fact.

If id know how id like to make animation with more details and that would show how branches form.

joslynk

MBTI Type
INXJ
I'd say no from my perspective. You should see my notes - Arrows everywhere, connecting different things, feedback systems here and there. Fun to figure it all out.