• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hmm...No ENTP-ISFP topics. Alright then. Question: For an ENTP: ISFP or INFJ?

INFJ or ISFP?

• Total voters

EricHanson

MBTI Type
ENTP
According to MBTI, INFJs (The Protectors) are often considered the ideal partner for an ENTP, and when I read the descriptions I find online, I can't help but think that these are the girls in which I have continuously fallen head over heels for and developed great romantic relationships with - that the qualities of an INFJ are what I have been primarily searching for.

According to Socionics, the ISFps (The Artists) are considered the ENTp's dual, and are considered the ideal partners. Granted, the ISFp in Socionics is not considered the same thing as the ISFP in MBTI, that their functions are different. Nevertheless, when I read the descriptions of ISFp and ISFP in Socionics and MBTI, I find them to be remarkably similar, and that the ISFj is nothing alike.

A couple of my close female friends are ISFPs (they took the test), and truly the experience is like nothing else. It comes so easily, so naturally, so peacefully; it's always been a little spooky at first. We understand each other perfectly, complement each other perfectly, and are totally okay with who the other person is, just exactly as Socionics decribes. I am a hard person to understand, to keep up with, and they have their problems too, but it all just comes without effort. Sometimes it's like the two of us (whichever one I am with) become one person when we are together. I never look for and create these relationships. They just sort of happen randomly and develop really fast.

Like hot invigorating fire is different from cool refreshing water, my relationships with INFJs make my heart skip two beats, attract me endlessly, change me fundamentally, develop fast, and are a lot of work, while my relationships with ISFPs are sublime, keep me emotionally stable, and are incredibly necessary in my life - there's nothing else like them, and going without such a relationship puts a void in my life.

Both are different, but the experiences I get from these relationships are just so awesome. I bring this topic up because on the Socionics forums, everyone talks about ENTp-ISFp relationships and ENTP-INFJ relationships relationships are almost never mentioned. The opposite is true for any forums with an MBTI focus that I've looked at. Like a typical ENTP, I wanted to analyze
these two types of relationships together in a comparative fashion.

Have you guys ever experienced similar sentiments? Which ones (INFJ or ISFP) would you prefer to date?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ISFPs are what you can call the one person who shows you what it could be like with woman, if you are lucky to meet one (that counts for ISFP and for the woman) tho.

And ISFJs do love you, but you are never going to feel the same way. Not because you are dumb, but because your ideals are far too outer-worldly.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've only met ISFPs in passing but yeah I kinda get what you mean. They seem to share the attitude of wanting to explore everything and have fun exploring everything though they go about it in different ways. I want to find one! I don't think there overly rare are they?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFPs I find are better for a simple kind of open, relaxed and accepting experience. They really experience the present moment with intensity, and while that's inspirational to be around sometimes, and the free-spirited, largely non-judgmental atmosphere can be a refreshing change from the hyper-analytical NPs I spend most of my time with, on occasion...

I can't help but to be naturally fascinated by INFJs because they push and expand my perspectives all the time in directions that I didn't even realize were there. This is especially true of the ones with strong Fe because I'm in the process of growing into tertiary Fe myself, and Ni is still just mystical to me. (It does amazing things that I can't fully grasp or anticipate, but that are almost always so interesting!) When it comes to deeply complex mental relationships, I don't see how an ENTP could avoid letting Ne's curiosity get the better of him...INFJs win.

I've only met ISFPs in passing but yeah I kinda get what you mean. They seem to share the attitude of wanting to explore everything and have fun exploring everything though they go about it in different ways. I want to find one! I don't think there overly rare are they?

No, they are much more common than INFJs, but they don't make a habit of drawing attention to themselves in most cases. You may have to prod them a little to get them out of their shells, especially the female ones.

Occasionally you'll see an insecure male ISFP overcompensating for his shyness via super-manly Se, but for the most part ISFPs are known for giving people the fewest reasons to dislike them.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd love to share my perspective and opinions on this, but I've never met an ISFP or an INFJ before. Maybe I have, but I don't know for sure.

:doh:

I'm still curious where I'd most likely run into them and how to spot 'em... ?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm ENTP and have an ISFP sister and an INFJ sister, they're both beyond awesome and too good for any of you ENTP bastards!

My ISFP sis brings out my fun loving side, in the 'playmate' respect an ISFP would have it covered, so much fun, so much heart, and not as easy to read as people suggest, there is depth there they just change with the moment so it can be hard to see. We have a similar approach in not judging anyone but depth in conversations is hard to achieve, she'd rather just do things or have fun.

Incidentally she was/is? (we're not sure yet) in a relationship with an ENTP for about 7 years, they constantly have misunderstandings, when the ENTP pushes the ISFP withdraws and goes along until she finally cracks, her ENTP wants blunt honesty but she needs more time to figure things out and can't stand confrontation. I don't think it's a very healthy relationship but when they have fun they really have fun.

My INFJ sis brings out my inner self, we understand each other intuitively without trying and can connect easily on a deeper level, we're both keenly interested in understanding people and why they do things, I can understand the 'soul mate' aspect of INFJs, they're really easy to get along with.

That said, she's with and ISTJ and the idea of being with an ENTP is enough to make her shudder, while for me her J preference leads me to feeling as though I'm being judged at times and remain on guard.

Personally intuition is something I need in a romantic partner, but I also tend to shy away from judgers. It all depends on your preference, understanding someone and having them understanding you is what matters more that what MBTI or Socionics suggest is ideal.

Which ones (INFJ or ISFP) would you prefer to date?

INTP.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've had two very close INFJ friends, and I dated an INFJ. They all had amazing imaginations and made me push my own boundaries. It seemed like I could have endless conversations with them. I know of two ISFP's I interacted with regularly; while they were easy to get along with, I found myself bored quite often.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
INFJs have similar interests and understand me more, but ISFPs feel grounding and natural to be around.

Both are sensitive and both show me a different way to look at the world. I'm not good at choosing between types of people though, because everyone is so different.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
INFJs intrigue and captivate me with their perspectives but yield a certain level of mental/emotional exhaustion at times.

ISFPs are a comforting escape from my chaotic thought trains, but I don't necessarily feel a deep, compelling mental connection with them.

Each has its perks and pitfalls.

SuperENTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Infj's? I've been with a borderline INFJ/INTJ. Pretty boring, if you ask me. There's an ISFP that may possibly keep me entertained... If I'm going to be stuck in a relationship for the rest of my life, i.e. marriage, it might as well be someone that entertains me!

proximo

I've not yet had any wholly positive relationships or friendships with INFJ's, and whilst I can see the potential for the sort of thing you talk about in the OP with ISFP's, the ones I've met have all been already spoken for by (usually) an ESTx that they idolise, so I've not dared to even think about it! :laugh:

However, there are currently three ISTP's in my life and I have sometimes thought, of one of them in particular, "if you had just a bit more passion, I could see myself falling in love with you". Maybe it's the ISFP I'm looking for?

themarlins

i like isfp's. they are easy to deal with. funny. submissive. quirky. earthy. down to earth.

we get along real well

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Taking a break from INFJs in order to appreciate them more and bitch about them less, so let's pick ISFPs in this one. Where are they hiding?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They're hiding in the real world, doing real things, scary place that, I don't recommend it!

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
They're hiding in the real world, doing real things, scary place that, I don't recommend it!

scream.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Taking a break from INFJs in order to appreciate them more and bitch about them less, so let's pick ISFPs in this one. Where are they hiding?

Right behind the A-S-S in S-A-S-S-Y. :cool:

Qre:us

My ISFP friend does a kangaroo dance for me to make me laugh.

My INFJ friend constantly sighs at life and its "problems".

It's a hard decision.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pick me, pick me!! Ohhh please!! :hi:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. I believe I know an ISFP, very strong physical attraction, just as relaxed as I am... organized, which I am not (I think she learnt this through experience). I would love to be with her. I think she feels the same way, too.

Also, I was with an INFx... pretty wild ride and I won't judge the whole, but MAN! Insane.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I get along with isfps, but i generally have no incentive to maintain the relationship. It's a quite circumstancial thing. But then again I'm like that with most people, I don't really get attached much.

I've known an isfp for years, she's cool, but mh, yeah I just don't keep in touch much. It's pleasant but there's no 'hook' to it for me.
Then there's this old isfp friend, he's sort of adorable. Everybody likes him.
On average, I actually see isfps as pretty cool, laid back and easy going. They're great people to have a drink and a conversation with.

oh, on a side note, I think i tend to spot infjs or infps super easily, but it takes a conscious effort to spot isfps in my environment.