User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile INTPs. How do you experience your Inferior Fe?.

Hi INTPs

I hope you don't mind but i have a question as i'm currently reading naomi quenk's book called " Was that really me?".

Have any of you read this book? Did you feel it was helpful in
    figuring out your inferior?

Can you share with me how you experience your Inferior function?

When under stress?

How do you know when it's being triggered?

Maybe could any of you help me understand
    if you might have thought you were INFP
    what distinguishes Inferior Fe from Inferior Te?

I'm hoping for this to be a clarity giving thread that will provide
    insight into a very hard to define part of MBTI for me and probably
    others. Some concrete examples would be great too if possible .

////
    Alittle ditty on why i'm asking is just cause my T-F is apparently very balanced. Almost too balanced and i can relate to the objectivity of the INTP in relationships/life sorta.

Just having the hardest time figuring out if I use Te inferior or Fe inferior.
    I could see both. I just relooked over her book and have been thinking about the loss of my father due to cancer when i was 17. And also about the process i had to go through to get through it and the pain i was feeling.

I just remembered saying before i plunged into emotional waters
    "this will be good for me" "the way out is through so..." *naturally i came to the conclusion i needed to go through and work through all the pain i was feeling cause realized if i didn't i wouldn't heal.
    "it's only going to make it worse if don't deal with this now"

It took me three-four years after reexamining myself and my life, where i was headed, to get to complete healing *or reached acceptance at least*. I wouldn't be able to sleep, had major anxiety *curled up on my bed, scared to be alone at night as that's when all the memories came back or thought's would wonder. Sadness would become evident etc. Which lead to the conclusion mentioned above
    "this won't stop if i don't face it and i want it to stop"

Well that's the gist of it, I won't keep babbling i just wanted to give some background as that i think might be what tips the scales for me.

So INTPs if you don't mind me asking I'm curious how you experience you Inferior Function Fe. Especially if you went through a real hard grieving stage from losing someone and had to reevaluate your life etc. if so did you develop Fi from it? *the grieving*

Thanks in advance. It's appreiciated very much .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't really know if this is it, because I'm not really that proficient at telling how individual functions work separately, but I can usually tell how a person is really feeling with just a glance.

It kind of amazes me how blind people are to that.

Oh yeah, I also utterly fail at comforting people when they're feeling sad. D;
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I don't really know if this is it, because I'm not really that proficient at telling how individual functions work separately, but I can usually tell how a person is really feeling with just a glance.

It kind of amazes me how blind people are to that.

Oh yeah, I also utterly fail at comforting people when they're feeling sad. D;
    Hey Blank

Cute icon hehe.

Do you mind if ask how you know what a person
    is feeling with just a glance? You mean by reading
    the person? or a vibe?

I really am curious about you INTPs
    and it seems so hard to seperate them from INFPs .

Pretty much i want to understand what makes
    you guys tick XD. Get inside the INTP head alittle bit.
    Hopefully that's not intimidating heh .

Thanks Blank .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Haha, I guess I would have to say that I can read facial features really well when I'm in person (those online picture-only tests are hard and some are damn-near indiscernible.)

Although, speaking of this vibe thing, I usually DO get a "vibe" about what kind of person they are--although that may just be a subconscious social clue based on what clothes a person is wearing; however, I've always been able to do this fairly easily.

Then again, I don't really think I'm an average INTP, because I've got a really high Te and can't shut the fuck up unless if people are talking about nothing.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm not sure, but my reactions to emotional situations is typically the complete opposite of what it should be. For instance, when a family member dies I'm all smiles and giddy. It's not that I did not love this person, but I have a strange way of expressing myself. For instance, when I am concentrating/thinking I look "lost" or confused--my twenty million managers used to complain that I had a "lost" look on my face when I was just thinking. Or when I'm angry it sounds like I'm crying so everyone asks me if I'm OK... I don't know. I really need to work on that. I live with two ENFJs, I don't know why I'm so out of whack. I do not know if this is related to my Fe, but I suck at displaying my "true" emotions.

Or I could just be crazy. I don't know. I'm just blabbing now since I've been studying all day long and I feel like my head is going to explode. No more words D:
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    For instance, when I am concentrating/thinking I look "lost" or confused--my twenty million managers used to complain that I had a "lost" look on my face when I was just thinking.
    I walk around town like this all the time. Going to work or class. Sometimes a thought strikes me so much that I stop abruptly, and I'm not entirely sure why I do this, but I usually catch myself and hastily amble on. Maybe it's because I'm used to pacing while I think?

As for emotions, I feel them quite intensely but I find that I need time to integrate them. I also associate emotions very closely to places, especially outdoor spaces where I've spent lots of time doing aforementioned integration, thinking, exploration, and building connections to other people.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I always kind of thought that my inferior Fe was acting up (under stress) when I would suddenly become paranoid about what others thought of me. I would somehow randomly get the idea that someone didn't like me, and I'd feel sulky about it until I regained my senses. I would also get paranoid that my friends were ignoring me or willfully being mean to me, and I'd be a little angry about it for a while until realizing that it was just a phantom of my brain.

Does anyone else experience inferior Fe this way?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I always kind of thought that my inferior Fe was acting up (under stress) when I would suddenly become paranoid about what others thought of me. I would somehow randomly get the idea that someone didn't like me, and I'd feel sulky about it until I regained my senses. I would also get paranoid that my friends were ignoring me or willfully being mean to me, and I'd be a little angry about it for a while until realizing that it was just a phantom of my brain.

Does anyone else experience inferior Fe this way?
    I used to be quite paranoid socially. It can be conquered, though I think it's safe to say that this typically happens later than INTPs. That's okay, we just learn about these things a little differently. The first key is reason -- understand that your perceptions affect mannerisms. Thinking nervous thoughts causes you to project nervousness. If you are confident, you project confidence, therefore nervous thoughts are irrational. Another boon is patient friends. Use your quirks to charm people and then learn from them how to integrate into the greater social group. Don't feel ashamed to ask questions (the best way is to ask totally unabashedly) if you need to. My friends had to demonstrate for me many times before I could do a 'cool' handshake; I still fuck it up now and again but the fact that I don't care makes it a total non-issue. Once you realize that everyone around you is coping with the same negative emotional reactions in their own way, you will have found your will to transcend them.

The number of bonds that I have been able to build through social confidence I have found in my young adult life is invigorating, and these bonds have opened my eyes to a whole world of human connection.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    INTP

My Fe is very underdeveloped. For perspective, I'm only 18 years old, just started college.

My "emotional" reaction to everything around me is to detach. Then I can analyze objectively. This serves me well often enough that I don't bother to develop empathy, and that becomes obvious in situations where empathy is called for.
    When someone starts crying, my solution (see that word choice) is to ask about what's causing the problem, instead of giving them comfort. I have difficulty feeling empathy, and I feel helpless when someone's crying (I mean, I gave them a solution, what more can I give them?)

So, I bottle up my Fe, and try to pretend it doesn't exist. That doesn't really work, though. Every six months or so, I'll explode into a good cry, or an angry fit. I also noticed that the music I listen to reflects my mood - I've learned to pay attention to the kind of music I listen to. Sadly enough, it's easier to examine the music than to examine myself.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hmm, I don't experience Fe anymore. All the time when I was teenager though, which was very stressful. Living a care-free life nowadays, no need for Fe. *yawns*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf