User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Default ENTPs, did you find your motivation in life? If so, how?

Hello fellow comrades ,

do you already know what you want to achieve in your life?
    What helped you the most to get that insight?

I for myself have not so far. I'm 32 now and still have no clue what to do.
    Sure I have achieved some things in life, like having a diploma, founded a family, etc. Yet that is not something I strove after in the first place.

In case of the Diploma for example I just thought that it would be much easier to get a job if you have this little piece of paper. I really didn't put much effort into it yet graduated in reasonable time and with good success.
    Now I'm having this job for nearly 3 years, but I don't feel that I do anything worthwhile in it. I get the work done and get praises for it despite I just procrastinate all day and just criticise everybody on how things are not working the way they should be.

And all the time I have this gut feeling that I'm meant to do something with my life that is remarkable and worthy. I just can't put the finger on it and nail it, as there are, as you all know, way too many interesting fields out there to start on.

So have you found your inner motivation to do what you are supposed to do?
    Have you found the one thing that you just can't procrastinate because doing so would cause your soul to explode and then little penguins with neon red NY Giant caps would come and gather the parts of your soul and rebuild a mona lisa mosaic from it?

For the last 14 years or so, I've just been in this waiting state and was hoping that illumination will jump on me. Now I fear that it won't and I really have to get in action myself to find my way than leave it to Karma. I'm just unsure if this would be the right move, as Karma loves me .

Ah well, I just don't know. On the one hand playing video games, board games, diving into fantasy literature or anything else that interests me and enjoying the moment for the rest of my life is not that bad of a perspective. On the other hand some more "down to earth" people will see that otherwise. But then again, who cares?

Thoughts?
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    Hello fellow comrades ,

do you already know what you want to achieve in your life?
    What helped you the most to get that insight?

I for myself have not so far. I'm 32 now and still have no clue what to do.
    Sure I have achieved some things in life, like having a diploma, founded a family, etc. Yet that is not something I strove after in the first place.

In case of the Diploma for example I just thought that it would be much easier to get a job if you have this little piece of paper. I really didn't put much effort into it yet graduated in reasonable time and with good success.
    Now I'm having this job for nearly 3 years, but I don't feel that I do anything worthwhile in it. I get the work done and get praises for it despite I just procrastinate all day and just criticise everybody on how things are not working the way they should be.

And all the time I have this gut feeling that I'm meant to do something with my life that is remarkable and worthy. I just can't put the finger on it and nail it, as there are, as you all know, way too many interesting fields out there to start on.

So have you found your inner motivation to do what you are supposed to do?
    Have you found the one thing that you just can't procrastinate because doing so would cause your soul to explode and then little penguins with neon red NY Giant caps would come and gather the parts of your soul and rebuild a mona lisa mosaic from it?

For the last 14 years or so, I've just been in this waiting state and was hoping that illumination will jump on me. Now I fear that it won't and I really have to get in action myself to find my way than leave it to Karma. I'm just unsure if this would be the right move, as Karma loves me .

Ah well, I just don't know. On the one hand playing video games, board games, diving into fantasy literature or anything else that interests me and enjoying the moment for the rest of my life is not that bad of a perspective. On the other hand some more "down to earth" people will see that otherwise. But then again, who cares?

Thoughts?
    I always ask myself something along the lines of this:

If there was no tomorrow, what do I absolutely need to do today?

That'd keep you in check of your real purpose in life.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wow that's depressing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Sorry I couldn't read through it all...I was too busy staring at your avatar <_<
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    ENTP

"ENTPs, did you find your motivation in life? If so, how?"

No. I don't have one.

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    Sorry I couldn't read through it all...I was too busy staring at your avatar <_<
    ..........ditto.

As for the title question: no, i don't believe so, but i'm still young.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes.

By getting really pissed off at how the rate of progress in the world has seemingly slowed down, and how people are content with that. By wishing there were people in charge who had some freaking balls, and knowing that if I want such a thing, then I have to be willing to step into such a role, or at least die trying.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yes.

By getting really pissed off at how the rate of progress in the world has seemingly slowed down, and how people are content with that. By wishing there were people in charge who had some freaking balls, and knowing that if I want such a thing, then I have to be willing to step into such a role, or at least die trying.
    Keeping up with progress can be a burden in some fields in which this process is accelerated. You will get to know that with age.

I tho do think, the rate of advancements was never as high as it is today.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Compare today to 40 years ago. Other than computers, is there truly anything we can do today that we couldn't back then? We went to the freaking moon back then!

Compare 1929 to 1969, and then 1969 to today.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

We didnt know that two different political systems can separate one nation into two halfs.

We didnt know what ways some people of the arabian world will take, to show how important their case is to them.

We hadnt had the conciencse to watch what we are doing to our environment.

We didnt know about super massive black holes.

And we didnt know that Germany will win the world soccer championship 3 times.

---

I'ld say we have come a long way