User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't believe in finding yourself and your true motivation/purpose. There's nothing to find. Whatever you're doing is where your self is. And then when you do something else, your self is there. Whatever you want to do, do that because you'll be better at it than you would if you weren't really interested. Then when you're no longer interested in that, do something else.

Lucky for you, you're an ENTP, so you'll be good at nearly anything you want to do. Not everyone has it so easy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am sorry but I see no way in that way, doesnt mean tho that it couldnt be there
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

NIHILISM AT ITS FINEST! >= D
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

To all those avatar starers, yes that is me. Contact me for a postersize picture. Shipping is 15€ in Europe, Oversea people will need to pick it up at my place

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    If it can't be made into playtime, don't bother. You won't do well anyway if it feels like work or like something you're being forced to do against your will.
    This is only so much true, because I know, that I'm trying to play Jedi Mind Tricks on me. In the end it is work, whether you love doing it or not. And at the point where you are doing something you love and you recognize it is still work you just don't love it anymore and it could be really anything else instead.

What could work, is that if I get money from somewhere and don't know to which of my activities it is related. In this case I would be truly free in doing what I want and it won't feel like work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Motivation sounds too much like a goal or plan.
    Outch, I think you hit a soft spot here. I think at some point you have to overcome your Pness, especially true for me, as I'm in the deep 90s with my P, and get mor J'ish. It is hard to hit invisible targets, isn't it? (Well you could hit them, in the end it is just a function of weapon size I guess. ^^)

I will give you one example. Some years ago I decided to learn japanese, just for the fun of it. I got into courses at University and did really well. Then someday I noticed that with this knowledge I would come one of my dreamjobs significantly closer. (Nintendo has their european Headquarter about 500m from my current place, and I'm really into games, gaming and would really love to work there. They are constantly looking for people able to speak japanese for all different kind of jobs.) But the moment I realised that a real plan emerges from that I stopped doing it. I totally dropped japanese from one second to the other and sabotaged that dreaded "PLAN".

I just realized I did this when writing these lines. OK, this does not surprise me, that is how things have been forever for me.
    You could call that stupid or whatever, but that is just the way it is. Like Jenocide says it is just a way of life.

Entropie mentions it is just
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    an excuse for everything more serious requiring dedication.
    I hear that A LOT from my wife (INTJ, although she got a lot more P'ish since she knows me, lol).
    I think there is some truth in it as well. For me it is really easy to abandon something because I know I'm able to pick up anything new of similar interest for me in the blink of an eye.
    But I don't know if I should give into this. I have been able to resist the urge for the constant new in my relationship. This has been somewhat easy, as we are soulmates and she is able to constantly surprise me. But nevertheless it is a struggle every now and then, because there are just too many interesting women out there, and I'm really flirty. But in the case of my relationship I really feel that being consistent is worth it.
    I think it might as well be for working. I'm just so unsecure about it. Underestimating myself much?

End of text. Avatar starers you can stop now
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm sitting in work really wanting to be in my bed! This really ain't helping! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

I've never had any interest in dedicating 50 years to one career or mission in life. (I doubt ENTPs ever do.) I want to do a little bit of everything. Write a book, make websites, make investments, create inventions, release an album, produce albums, do a documentary, start an organization, build a giant statue of myself just for fun, etc... (That sounds egotistical but that's the beauty of it. Only an ego would fear doing such a thing.)

My problem is that I'm so interested in so many things and have so many big ideas that I'm not dedicated to any of them. A highly productive individual with a lot of drive could do all of those things in lifetime easily, but I'm not highly productive or driven. I'm an easy-going pleasure seeker who gets distracted easily and suffers from extreme bouts of laziness. I also give up easily because I don't have very much self-discipline.

Now, I'm only speaking for myself here, not other ENTPs, but if I even just accomplished 3% of my big ideas, I'd probably feel deeply fulfilled about my purpose in life and how I'm spending my time. The need to be so open has completely squashed any chance of me feeling fulfilled because I don't do anything to a high enough degree to actually feel proud of myself.

So, for myself, I agree that I should do what I love and to not make matters unnecessarily complicated. Who wouldn't? But I should also still kick myself in the ass as hard as I can so that I don't fall short of my true potential with each of my inspired endeavors. So far I'm terrible at this, and although I can enjoy myself and go with the flow, whenever I sit down and think about my progress in life I'm very disappointed.

I kind of believe that once I'm better as a person, everything that I do will be done to a higher standard. And that higher standard, that excellence, would be my consistent purpose, not the individual things that I do.

Yes, I do judge myself harshly and expect a lot of myself, but not so that I can cry about it. It's because truth and optimism are always tied together. I'm not even within a million miles from where I want to be.. but I am excited to be where I am now because I know that I still have the rest of my life ahead of me, however long or short that may be. And the only moment I can ever conquer any challenge is this present moment. If I fail, I'll fail gloriously and with style.

MBTI
    entp

get at least 1/4th of everything you want

it really must suck not to have anything to dedicate yourself to

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I don't believe in finding yourself and your true motivation/purpose. There's nothing to find. Whatever you're doing is where your self is. And then when you do something else, your self is there. Whatever you want to do, do that because you'll be better at it than you would if you weren't really interested. Then when you're no longer interested in that, do something else.
    BlahBlahGuruBlah. dj?

i'm hearing some serious indian drone- samples- and maharishi chanting. but the obvious hip-hop percussion stands, if you want it to be a little bit cliche.

also walt whitman invented this when he named his best "loafing."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I've never had any interest in dedicating 50 years to one career or mission in life. (I doubt ENTPs ever do.) I want to do a little bit of everything. Write a book, make websites, make investments, create inventions, release an album, produce albums, do a documentary, start an organization, build a giant statue of myself just for fun, etc... (That sounds egotistical but that's the beauty of it. Only an ego would fear doing such a thing.)

My problem is that I'm so interested in so many things and have so many big ideas that I'm not dedicated to any of them. A highly productive individual with a lot of drive could do all of those things in lifetime easily, but I'm not highly productive or driven. I'm an easy-going pleasure seeker who gets distracted easily and suffers from extreme bouts of laziness. I also give up easily because I don't have very much self-discipline.

Now, I'm only speaking for myself here, not other ENTPs, but if I even just accomplished 3% of my big ideas, I'd probably feel deeply fulfilled about my purpose in life and how I'm spending my time. The need to be so open has completely squashed any chance of me feeling fulfilled because I don't do anything to a high enough degree to actually feel proud of myself.

So, for myself, I agree that I should do what I love and to not make matters unnecessarily complicated. Who wouldn't? But I should also still kick myself in the ass as hard as I can so that I don't fall short of my true potential with each of my inspired endeavors. So far I'm terrible at this, and although I can enjoy myself and go with the flow, whenever I sit down and think about my progress in life I'm very disappointed.
    This. Exactly this. Seems our souls were separated at birth...
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I just figured some point in my life some time ago, lamenting about what I've could done or what I could do doesnt get me anywhere.

I too have traces of laziness and periods of outer worldyness but I have learned, you need to accomplish things to reach goals, especially if you are going for a career in Academics.

I know some people, especially males, who discover at age 35 that they havent really accomplished anything in life so far. They had a lot of ideas, ofc, but didnt make anything of it. I dont want to end there and especially I dont want to teach that to my kids.

Tho I am no big fan of clichés, the spelling you wont get to your desired goals without dedication applies in a lot of fields.

I dont say you guys here dont know that or suffer from this illness, I am just saying I am allergic to the sentence "I have a lot of ideas, I am just too lazy to do anything."

That's an oxymoron in so many ways in my eyes.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]