User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    We didnt know that two different political systems can separate one nation into two halfs.
    Well, it certainly happened before, at least as early as 1861

We didnt know what ways some people of the arabian world will take, to show how important their case is to them.
    Sure we did, they had been doing it to the Turks for around 200 years at that point.

We hadnt had the conciencse to watch what we are doing to our environment.
    Was it conscience, or was it the fact that we didn't like our acid-rain forests, our flammable rivers and our smog-choked cities?

We didnt know about super massive black holes.
    How has that improved the lives of the majority of humans on this planet?

And we didnt know that Germany will win the world soccer championship 3 times.

---

I'ld say we have come a long way
    That last one only impacted 85 million people. I'm looking for something that helped the 4 billion+ who have been born since then.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

well, I am not here to lecture you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFCMzOk9po"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it depends entirely upon finding something that you enjoy doing so much that you'd do it for free, and that could potentially be a marketable skill or idea.

Once you've found that the path is obvious. If it's a really difficult career path, then you're going to have to put up with being broke for a while until you figure it out, but it's worth it because there's really no other way to find long term happiness.

Personally, I can't put my full effort into anything that doesn't hold my interest. I could get some corporate job that I don't care about, but I'd be dooming myself to life-long mediocrity because I know at the end of the day I won't really apply myself unless it's something I want to be doing. If it's not, I'm always just going to do the minimum required to get by, which is not the way to advance very far in any career.

So rather than settling for a career you don't really care about just because it's easier/people tell you you should, I'd go ahead and pick the one that's really exciting to you, and that way you'll be able to excel without it really feeling like work.

If it can't be made into playtime, don't bother. You won't do well anyway if it feels like work or like something you're being forced to do against your will.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I love him

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think it depends entirely upon finding something that you enjoy doing so much that you'd do it for free, and that could potentially be a marketable skill or idea.

Once you've found that the path is obvious. If it's a really difficult career path, then you're going to have to put up with being broke for a while until you figure it out, but it's worth it because there's really no other way to find long term happiness.

Personally, I can't put my full effort into anything that doesn't hold my interest. I could get some corporate job that I don't care about, but I'd be dooming myself to life-long mediocrity because I know at the end of the day I won't really apply myself unless it's something I want to be doing. If it's not, I'm always just going to do the minimum required to get by, which is not the way to advance very far in any career.

So rather than settling for a career you don't really care about just because it's easier/people tell you you should, I'd go ahead and pick the one that's really exciting to you, and that way you'll be able to excel without it really feeling like work.

If it can't be made into playtime, don't bother. You won't do well anyway if it feels like work or like something you're being forced to do against your will.
    [youtube="QehZjjwb7-I"]If you're good at something, never do it for free[/youtube]

MBTI
    ENTP

Motivation sounds too much like a goal or plan.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Motivation sounds too much like a goal or plan.

Word.

There are a million things I love doing, but not one that I could imagine doing for the rest of my life. Or rather, whatever I am doing at the moment is always the most interesting thing to me - and then the moment is over and I'm bored again.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Word.

There are a million things I love doing, but not one that I could imagine doing for the rest of my life. Or rather, whatever I am doing at the moment is always the most interesting thing to me - and then the moment is over and I'm bored again.
    Isnt that more like an excuse for everything more serious requiring dedication ?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Isnt that more like an excuse for everything more serious requiring dedication ?
    I don't see it as an excuse... more like a way of life. *shrug*