• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The (often-misunderstood) INTJ Idea Of Romance, with examples and illustrations.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ok, it's been said that INTJs have absolutely no sense of romance whatsoever. I'm actually seriously interested in my fellow INTJs' previous expressions of romantic love. My ideas about romance have variously been called "incomprehensible," "Arthurian if Lancelot listened to The Cure a lot," "creepy," "too logical," "medieval," "weird," "prosaic," "too physical," and my favorite, "unrealistic." Isn't romance supposed to be fantastic and not realistic?

What are some of the romantic things you've done for your partners, or if your partner was the INTJ, what did they do for you?

My idea of a romantic card:

I love to watch you sleep

I think it's kinda sweet. :wubbie:

T

ThatGirl

Ha!

I count to post in this thread,

I made an ex a hand drawn comic book that showcased his emo-ness as super human powers.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ha!

I count to post in this thread,

I made an ex a hand drawn comic book that showcased his emo-ness as super human powers.

Well, except for the part where you were dating an Emo on purpose. But other than that, you're AWESOME.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, it's been said that INTJs have absolutely no sense of romance whatsoever. I'm actually seriously interested in my fellow INTJs' previous expressions of romantic love. My ideas about romance have variously been called "incomprehensible," "Arthurian if Lancelot listened to The Cure a lot," "creepy," "too logical," "medieval," "weird," "prosaic," "too physical," and my favorite, "unrealistic." Isn't romance supposed to be fantastic and not realistic?

What are some of the romantic things you've done for your partners, or if your partner was the INTJ, what did they do for you?

My idea of a romantic card:

I love to watch you sleep

I think it's kinda sweet. :wubbie:

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Oh god...can't breath...:laugh:

And yes, in a slightly perverted kind of way it is sweet. I like it. :D

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Oh god...can't breath...:laugh:

And yes, in a slightly perverted kind of way it is sweet. I like it. :D

Why can't you breathe?

It's not perverted. It's just saying exactly what goes through your mind. It would make me feel all warm and fuzzy if someone said that to me.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Why can't you breathe?

It's not perverted. It's just saying exactly what goes through your mind. It would make me feel all warm and fuzzy if someone said that to me.

Because it looks like something I might say. And I am laughing so hard my ribs hurt.

Perverted to 'normal', 'right thinking', people. I'm neither.

And yes it does on occasion.

And I would with a smile on my face.

:D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Well, let's see. I bought the last person I loved a train ticket and agreed to attend a high school prom. I tried to be helpful and comforting when they were having a difficult time...My efforts tend to be pretty understated, I suspect that the objects of my affection rarely realize how I feel about them.

I guess I'm more of an "acts of service" person...I love to cuddle though and can be quite physically affectionate.

"Arthurian if Lancelot listened to The Cure a lot,"

Bahahaha.

(Love that "watching you sleep" card by the way...)

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well, let's see. I bought the last person I loved a train ticket and agreed to attend a high school prom. I tried to be helpful and comforting when they were having a difficult time...My efforts tend to be pretty understated, I suspect that the objects of my affection rarely realize how I feel about them.

I guess I'm more of an "acts of service" person...I love to cuddle though and can be quite physically affectionate.

Bahahaha.

(Love that "watching you sleep" card by the way...)

Yeah, I'm an Acts Of Service kinda gal, too. It's problematic, because it can become a substitute for actually getting the words "I love you" out of your face, and you COULD end up where I have been over the last few months, frantically baking and cleaning and running errands and praying he'll understand that my willingness to do those things meant he was loved by me.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, I'm an Acts Of Service kinda gal, too. It's problematic, because it can become a substitute for actually getting the words "I love you" out of your face, and you COULD end up where I have been over the last few months, frantically baking and cleaning and running errands and praying he'll understand that my willingness to do those things meant he was loved by me.

Aw. :hug: Yeah, I've been there before.

However, I'm now tentatively sort of but not involved with an ENTP, who I could really go wild with as far as bizarre demonstrations of affection. Yay!

T

ThatGirl

Well, except for the part where you were dating an Emo on purpose. But other than that, you're AWESOME.

Yeah, that's debatable.

I think it was more sexing on purpose and dating by accident.

Another ex of mine, I asked him if I could borrow his car, then returned it with an installed stereo system.

I am actually not really an act of service kind of person.

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
My INTJ loves gardening, so I had a T-shirt designed for him with the latin name of his favourite flower inside a big, red heart.

He, on the other hand, likes to tell me how smart I am ... almost as smart as him, as he says.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
My INTJ loves gardening, so I had a T-shirt designed for him with the latin name of his favourite flower inside a big, red heart.

He, on the other hand, likes to tell me how smart I am ... almost as smart as him, as he says.

I guarantee he knows exactly how smart he is, and how smart you are. It is a compliment. He is the INTJ; what has he done to be romantic?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do INTJs also consider it romantic to actually execute what your card said? :shock:

Coz mine loves to do that! Though often he cannot get himself to waking me up, he says, as he finds watching me sleep so adorable. Always makes me a bit paranoid when he does that :unsure:

Mine tends to be romantic by making sure I don't have to cook by taking me out. Also, when he sees me going all crazy over something that I'll plan on buying later, he'll get it for me, just coz he enjoys my reaction. He'll do more household chores without me asking for it when he notices I'm out of energy or blue. He'll find my phone for me (seriously, I *suck* at finding things and I'm constantly losing that thing!), again, and again...and again, without complaining, just rolling his eyes at me and with an amused smile on his face.

I can go on..but let's not :blush:

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guarantee he knows exactly how smart he is, and how smart you are. It is a compliment. He is the INTJ; what has he done to be romantic?
Last time we went out for dinner, I offered to share the bill, and he replied: "I'd rather like a blow job." Does that count?

And he vacuumed my flat. But I guess that's just him being a neat freak.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do INTJs also consider it romantic to actually execute what your card said? :shock:

Oh yeah. :yes: Now I live with an ENFJ and these people are romance on steroids so when he actually say something totally crude yet truthful like this, it's a treat since I'm the one usually talking like that.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmmm. This thread is very interesting and informative.

Continue.

:D