User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 102

  1. #71
    Senior Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You're lucky you weren't dating another INTJ... My reactions would have been:

    1. Are you going to pay to get these things cleaned up too?
    2. Who exactly are you buying these for... me or you?
    3. DAMMIT! I'm wearing HEELS! How am I going to dance at a concert in HEELS!

    Probably works on other types though.

    Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

    I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

    I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

    It isn't fun when you don't have all the stuff you need.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

    I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

    I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

    It isn't fun when you don't have all the stuff you need.
    LOL ... spoken like a true contingency planner



    *And I agree*
    Embrace the possibilities.

  3. #73
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

    I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

    I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

    It isn't fun when you don't have all the stuff you need.
    This is me. This whole thing. I like to be spontaneous but...Deciding to go somewhere for a couple hours or an afternoon..fine. Let me grab a jacket. You announce we are going on a 3 day cruise up Lake Michigan...I have to plan and that takes more than 15 minutes. I love having fun. Honest. But if I'm in heels, don't expect me to go hiking and not make your life completely miserable.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  4. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You're lucky you weren't dating another INTJ... My reactions would have been:

    1. Are you going to pay to get these things cleaned up too?
    2. Who exactly are you buying these for... me or you?
    3. DAMMIT! I'm wearing HEELS! How am I going to dance at a concert in HEELS!

    Probably works on other types though.

    1. Cleaned 'em up myself.
    2. Valid, I must admit.
    3. Girl didn't own heels. One of my favorite things about her
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  5. #75
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

    I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

    I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

    It isn't fun when you don't have all the stuff you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    LOL ... spoken like a true contingency planner



    *And I agree*
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is me. This whole thing. I like to be spontaneous but...Deciding to go somewhere for a couple hours or an afternoon..fine. Let me grab a jacket. You announce we are going on a 3 day cruise up Lake Michigan...I have to plan and that takes more than 15 minutes. I love having fun. Honest. But if I'm in heels, don't expect me to go hiking and not make your life completely miserable.
    What if you were told what was needed, what was covered, and given the time to get ready? With out being told exactly what was going to happen...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #76
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    What if you were told what was needed, what was covered, and given the time to get ready? With out being told exactly what was going to happen...
    Depending on how much faith I had in my partners planning abilities... I might be OK with this. If they always forget things though... there's no way
    Embrace the possibilities.

  7. #77
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Depending on how much faith I had in my partners planning abilities... I might be OK with this. If they always forget things though... there's no way
    *nod* I'm pretty sure the best would be to call a night or two before; say my idea, give the time I want to start, how long it should take barring the unforseen. Then I can let you worry about what needs to be done from there on your end. Right?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #78
    Senior Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    What if you were told what was needed, what was covered, and given the time to get ready? With out being told exactly what was going to happen...
    This is absolutely acceptable. So long as the man is prepared to carry my four pieces of luggage, overnight bag, garment bag, fishing pole, shotgun (wait, nobody carries Lucy but me), first aid kit, pavilion + shower tents, and a cooler full of beer and sandwiches, I'm cool. Or, if he has a very big truck.

    I might even promise not to bring anything that requires a CPU to operate.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

  9. #79
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    This is absolutely acceptable. So long as the man is prepared to carry my four pieces of luggage, overnight bag, garment bag, fishing pole, shotgun (wait, nobody carries Lucy but me), first aid kit, pavilion + shower tents, and a cooler full of beer and sandwiches, I'm cool. Or, if he has a very big truck.

    I might even promise not to bring anything that requires a CPU to operate.
    Right, forgot about the female thing. I typically can pack into a school backpack all I need for a weekend doing next to anything. That can expand to two extra bags if I want outdoor comfort. Then again, I wanted to do an outdoor thing I'd bring a truck anyway (that is once I get my full license).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #80
    Senior Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Right, forgot about the female thing. I typically can pack into a school backpack all I need for a weekend doing next to anything. That can expand to two extra bags if I want outdoor comfort. Then again, I wanted to do an outdoor thing I'd bring a truck anyway (that is once I get my full license).
    What does full license mean? Is it a Canadian thing? Are there gradations?
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] In love with the idea of love
    By Hinastarr in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. INTJ vs ISTJ determination with limited and specific observation opportunities
    By alakazam in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
  4. What is the Association of Efficiency with Morality?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
  5. The Role of Law and the Idea of Majority Rules
    By ByMySword in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO