User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You're lucky you weren't dating another INTJ... My reactions would have been:

1. Are you going to pay to get these things cleaned up too?
    2. Who exactly are you buying these for... me or you?
    3. DAMMIT! I'm wearing HEELS! How am I going to dance at a concert in HEELS!

Probably works on other types though.

Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

It isn't fun when you don't have all the stuff you need.
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Yeah, I'm not all that big into spontaneity. It's not the fun part of it that I don't like, it's the not being prepared part of it.

I wouldn't like having someone try the thing where they show up and say "Jump in the car! We're going to have FUN this weekend!"

I would want to know where we're going, what the weather would be like, if I need indoor or outdoor clothes, whether there's plumbing, what kind of shoes to bring, whether a first-aid kit would come in handy, if I need sunblock, should I bring a camera with an extra memory card and extra batteries, and if I should bring my dancing shoes or bathing suit or hiking gear or camping equipment or laptop or GPS unit or Scotch or shotgun or fishing license or cooler or a picnic lunch.

LOL ... spoken like a true contingency planner

*And I agree*
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is me. This whole thing. I like to be spontaneous but...Deciding to go somewhere for a couple hours or an afternoon..fine. Let me grab a jacket. You announce we are going on a 3 day cruise up Lake Michigan...I have to plan and that takes more than 15 minutes. I love having fun. Honest. But if I'm in heels, don't expect me to go hiking and not make your life completely miserable.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

You're lucky you weren't dating another INTJ... My reactions would have been:

1. Are you going to pay to get these things cleaned up too?
    2. Who exactly are you buying these for... me or you?
    3. DAMMIT! I'm wearing HEELS! How am I going to dance at a concert in HEELS!

Probably works on other types though.

1. Cleaned 'em up myself.
    2. Valid, I must admit.
    3. Girl didn't own heels. One of my favorite things about her
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

LOL ... spoken like a true contingency planner

*And I agree*
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is me. This whole thing. I like to be spontaneous but...Deciding to go somewhere for a couple hours or an afternoon..fine. Let me grab a jacket. You announce we are going on a 3 day cruise up Lake Michigan...I have to plan and that takes more than 15 minutes. I love having fun. Honest. But if I'm in heels, don't expect me to go hiking and not make your life completely miserable.
    What if you were told what was needed, what was covered, and given the time to get ready? With out being told exactly what was going to happen...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    What if you were told what was needed, what was covered, and given the time to get ready? With out being told exactly what was going to happen...
    Depending on how much faith I had in my partners planning abilities... I might be OK with this. If they always forget things though... there's no way
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Depending on how much faith I had in my partners planning abilities... I might be OK with this. If they always forget things though... there's no way
    *nod* I'm pretty sure the best would be to call a night or two before; say my idea, give the time I want to start, how long it should take barring the unforseen. Then I can let you worry about what needs to be done from there on your end. Right?

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

This is absolutely acceptable. So long as the man is prepared to carry my four pieces of luggage, overnight bag, garment bag, fishing pole, shotgun (wait, nobody carries Lucy but me), first aid kit, pavilion + shower tents, and a cooler full of beer and sandwiches, I'm cool. Or, if he has a very big truck.

I might even promise not to bring anything that requires a CPU to operate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

This is absolutely acceptable. So long as the man is prepared to carry my four pieces of luggage, overnight bag, garment bag, fishing pole, shotgun (wait, nobody carries Lucy but me), first aid kit, pavilion + shower tents, and a cooler full of beer and sandwiches, I'm cool. Or, if he has a very big truck.

I might even promise not to bring anything that requires a CPU to operate.
    Right, forgot about the female thing. I typically can pack into a school backpack all I need for a weekend doing next to anything. That can expand to two extra bags if I want outdoor comfort. Then again, I wanted to do an outdoor thing I'd bring a truck anyway (that is once I get my full license).

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Right, forgot about the female thing. I typically can pack into a school backpack all I need for a weekend doing next to anything. That can expand to two extra bags if I want outdoor comfort. Then again, I wanted to do an outdoor thing I'd bring a truck anyway (that is once I get my full license).
    What does full license mean? Is it a Canadian thing? Are there gradations?